PDA

View Full Version : CO Powersports Denver (Updated)

BlueDevil
Thu Jul 10th, 2003, 02:22 PM
:o I cant harldy believe it. Once again they have been unable to complete a simple task. Im goin to try and keep my rant short. I take my bike in for its Service to be done. I called in advance and set up an appointment. I verified on the phone if I dropped it off the night before my appoint can they get it done today by 1pm. Swore up and down it should be no problem. The schedule is empty U will be 1st up in the morn. Great. So I take it in as planned and check in. The dude takes my info and I verify once again. THIS BIKE HAS TO BE DONE BY 1 PM tomorrow. He writes on my check in 12 pm so I will be assured it is done by 1pm. To this point Im ok.
Today I walk in at 115pm and I have a bad feeling for some reason. (Perhaps the past let downs I have had with them) Anyway, I give the man my name and he says to me with a confused look " Did we call U and say it was done"? I said no U promised me several times it would be done by 1pm. Uhh uhh calls a tech in. "Oh we havent even started yet" Duh WTF cowboy, if U open at 10 am and I am 1st up, how the hell have U not started yet. "Oh well we did an R6 first and it took a whille." No Sh*t A Hole. Well can you bring it in tomorrow? NO I cant, I took off work to come down here and get this at the time U promised me. Oh well they didnt tell us it needed to be done by 1pm. (It says right on the check in paper attached to the bike 12pm pick up moron) How can U miss understand? So again I have to go back down and deal with them to serv my bike. Im terrified that these dip wads cant get an appointment right how are they qualified to be working on my bike?
Ugggg Before U tell me to go elsewhere, I have their serv contract and I cant go anywhere else. Damn thing was a fortune so I have to get my money out of it. To bad its 10 X's the value in trouble to get it done and done right. AS of this point I will never give these people another dime nor will I ever advise anyone to go there. The prices are to freeken high anyway. I have lots more but Ill let it be now. Please do your self a favor and do not go there for any thing U value to have done and done right.

Anonymous
Thu Jul 10th, 2003, 02:57 PM
What a load of BS! Sucks you have to go back... What are you having done anyway? Just curious.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
BlueDevil wrote:

Im terrified that these dip wads cant get an appointment right how are they qualified to be working on my bike?

You have a valid point here! My feelings about this bunch are well documented through out this site. Hope you can live out the rest of your "deal" with them.

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 06:27 AM
8K service. Thats all I will have done there due to my Serv Contract I got at a steeeeeell of a price. Otherwise I dont buy aything, nor will I ever have serv done there again. Back in 00 I had them put some flushies on cause I didnt have the tools to drill out the fairing. They slid the dremel down the side of my brand new 00 R1 at the time and then finished and left it that way. They said if I want to take it myself to Boulder they would paint it. (Had the bike like 2 weeks) I said hell no U bought me a new side fairing. I had to fight for a week or so but sure enough I got a new fairing. Never did get those damn flushies on that bike. Traded it anyway for the 02. Stupid me went there again. Bought the 02 cause they got it in 2 weeks everyone else in town was 4 weeks+.
Trust me lesson learned the hard way.

Buddy of mine got an oil change there. He started it up and it was loud as well. Looked in the window and OUCH!! No oil! Not a drop!

NZ Darren
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Damm! An oil change with no oil, lucky he didn't ride anywhere on it!!! That has to be one of the worst things I have heard done!! How stupid are those people? :321:

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah there is tons more. haha

When I was there on my fairing ordeal they had a guy in front of me picking up a bike. He was complaining cause they forgot all the bolts on one side when putting the fairing back on. It was all hangin there wobblin. haha

I was chattin with a sales guy there once and he told me he was moving some bikes around a while back and tipped a Warrior over against another bike and dropped 3 new bikes on the ground & into a desk. Ahh to buy a new bike that has already been dropped and repaired huh? uggg

Scares the heck out of me.

Vance
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 08:27 AM
BlueDevil (and apparently the plethora of others who have had bad experiences with these guys)...

Have you considered lodging your experiences into a filing with the BBB (Better Business Bureau)??? Maybe giving good old Mr. Tom Martino and his consumer advocate attack dogs a call? Sounds like these guys need a good old fashioned bitch-slap up 'side of the head. :slap:

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 08:52 AM
U know I considered that. I used the BBB with my home builder and had great success. If they screw up for any reason today Ill log a complaint with the BBB and see what happens.

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Ok update time.

Phone rings 245pm ish (dropped it off at 11am)

"Uhh this is X from CO Powersports, Did U leave your key with us?"

"Yes I left it at check in with X"

"Oh well its turned up missing, Ill look around for it."

Oh my GOD U all how can this be so bad? How can a comp be this horrible? I hope they find it cause I dont have another one. If that happens I cant tell how bad Im gonna reem some A$$. Manager up to owner will have to medicate their A$$ when Im done kickin it!!!

Im starting to fear for my life when I get back on that bike. These people are working on my baby. OMG!!!!
Anyone out there know enough about bikes to look over the things that get done in a service to make sure its done right? I dont want to die!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Ill try to stay brief.

I had no call back so I assumed they got my key and did the work. I went in at 530pm as they told me to do. Just for kicks I walked back to wear I parked it to see if it was moved at all. Low and behold its in the same exact spot and the gas tank assembly is gone!!! :o

Strorming in there trying to keep my head about me. The guy (N***) tells me "Oh we have a lock smith workin on it." We never found it so we had to rekey it. " (Got to keep the same keys but new ones)
While this guy is working on my keys, N**** is playing MR apologetic and trying to ask what he can do to keep my biz. He swears he will keep someone overtime to finish it tonight by 9pm. I said U close at 6pm? He said I know Ill get it done.

My reply: Do U think I want some guy U just gave 3 hrs of OT on his Friday night, to work on my bike? I dont want work done in a hurry!!!

He says Ill get K***** our R1 tech to do it.
**Funny thing is I remembered that name from my last ordeal. Oh yeah I remember him, the one that slid a dremel down the side of my 2 week old bike when installin my flushies. NO WAY!!!!!!

He says ok leave it here and Ill have it done by 1030am. I replied Ill think it over.

Ok well if there is anything I can do to make it up to you let me know.
(MMMMMM A nice new Edwards rep ARAI for free sounds like it should do) :D

Anyway, He finished my bike and gave me my keys. I loaded up in my truck and got the hell out of there. I will never go there again. Now I have to pray to GOD Boulder store is better. Otherwise I have a service contract that isnt worh sh*t. Oh and yes I will have to take more time off work to take it out there. Bastids!!!!

For those of U who followed the story........Yes I left again !!!!! No service done yet! A what should be routine 8K service to them made them out to be the biggest idiots I have ever met.

Boy do I feel like an jerk. Sure wish I could take back my 26K+ I have given them in the past few years in bikes and parts!!! And whoa the 04 R1 was due out soon. Damn!!! Who else in town should I give my 10K to? haha

Thanks for listening. I hope U hear my warnings and pleas not to go there.

*PS there is more but Ill let it be with the short versions.

:x

Anonymous
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Wow. I mean one mistake, ok I can understand that. But, ... Wow.

I dunno what all you were having done at your 8k, but if it's just an oil change, new plugs, and retorque everything/check everything, you can do that yourself with a torque wrench.

I took my superchicken in for it's 600mi service after I bought it, but otherwise I've done everything on it myself. Looks great, runs great, and I know a lot more about it this way. :up:

BlueDevil
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 09:44 PM
I have the service manual and a couple buddies want to put together a wrench session. So we are going to handle it. Got the head bearings done already, just oil, filter changes, etc I can handle. I just feel bad doing stuff I paid to have done with the serv contract. Im trying through the BBB to get the money back for the serv contract that has no value to me. :321: haha

Vance
Fri Jul 11th, 2003, 10:52 PM
I have the service manual and a couple buddies want to put together a wrench session. So we are going to handle it. Got the head bearings done already, just oil, filter changes, etc I can handle. I just feel bad doing stuff I paid to have done with the serv contract. Im trying through the BBB to get the money back for the serv contract that has no value to me. :321: haha

Screw the BBB on this one --- I would advise you call Tom Martino's show (send him an e-mail accounting your entire history with them) and get his attack dogs on them. The BBB isn't known as a consumer advocate group, just a consumer information resource.

NineTwoFour
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 12:35 PM
All I can say is....

I am SOOOO glad I went out of town to get my R6. I almost bought from CO Powersports because they were the closest; after reading your ordeal, I don't think I will so much as buy a set of earplugs from them. (as if they even stocked something that functional)

:guns: CO Powersports

dgoldan
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Don't get your hopes up with the CO Powersports Boulder either, at least not the northern one at 55th/Pearl. Here are my experiences.

New tire mount on the R1 - Same deal as Dion. Called ahead. Dropped off the tires the day before that I got from DMT. I get there as they open. On the way down there my oil light flickered on and then off, so I asked them to check the oil while it was in. I pace and sit and look back at the service area several times to see that the bike hasn't moved during the first hour. 3 hours later I finally have tires mounted. They give me a $10 discount and apologize for the extended wait.

I pay and get ready to ride off, when I decide to ask the tech about the oil light. He says, "Yeah, it was low". So, I ask, "what oil did you put in?". Oh, I didn't ask them to put any in, or apparently even tell me if it was low. Just checked it, saw it was low and said nothing. So then he asks, "Did you want me to put some in?" Duh! Please! He says he didn't add any because he thought that maybe I was going to take it home and change the oil. HUH?? WTF?

New tires and tighten the steering head bearings on my wife's Seca II - call days ahead of time to schedule it as before. Nothing on the schedule, we open at 9:00, we'll get you in first thing. I get there just before 9:00. The steering seems loose to me and shimmys a little at 50 mph. I ask the opinion of the service manager. He agrees - they need to be tightened. Guess what? They don't start working at 9:00 on Fridays - it's "clean the shop day" before any other work gets started. Same deal. I pace around the parts area, sales area, and 45 minutes later, the bike hasn't even been moved into the shop. They finally get it in there and I poke my head in two or three times to see if there is any progress being made. Finally, I'm told rather sternly to "wait up front, please!". I comply and talk to the service manager when he comes up. I explain my frustration with the time delay and both he and the service writer apologize profusely for the scheduling misunderstanding. Then he says that their spin balancer has been going out for a few weeks now and they had to run the wheels up the road to CO Powersports Boulder East.

2 1/2 hours later the bike is done. Steering seems as loose as ever to me. I ask the service tech about it. He says it's fine and quotes an 18 in/lbs torque setting for the lower nut. Hmmm, my manual (which unfortunately I don't have in front of me at the moment) says something considerably higher (like 328 in/lbs), but I don't find this out until I get home. Nothing appears that they ever did anything with the steering head bearings except charge me an additional $37.50. No evidence that anything was touched. Wouldn't have even had them look at it if it wasn't recommended by the service manager.

Things weren't much better when they were Boulder Yamaha. They had my WaveRunner and FZR600 for WEEKS at a time, trying to solve warranty problems, ordered wrong pistons and rings, etc.

My experiences have been less than successful with CO Powersports Boulder as well as Dion's at Denver. When I was looking for a used bike, they didn't even come out in the lot to greet me. I walked around for a minute or two, got in my car and left. When I said something about it to the CO Powersports Boulder East shop, they said they had heard several complaints about the sales staff at the other store. The guys at the Boulder East store have been very helpful, both in sales and parts, but that's the limited experience I have with them.

Maybe it's just inherent in most shops. Looks like it's time to start taking things to TFOG.

Dan

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Dan thanks for the words on Boulder. COme to think of it it took 2.5 hrs for them to put a mast link clip on a chain for a friend of mine once. I better just screw it. Ill do it myself. The onlky way to know everything that happens is if I do it myself. It scares the life out of me to know that there isnt better dealers out there than this.

Excel is not bad but they have guessed in the past on issues ans I had to pay for parts that were not needed to fix the prob. I guess there are to many punk kids working part time summer jobs at these places and I had to learn the hard way. (No offense intended to anyone who might work at a dealer and know what they are doing. I have just not met U yet. :( )

Got the ser manual and Il pick up my supplies this week. Thanks all for your contributions and listening to my stories.

Anonymous
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 09:34 AM
No actually Excel IS bad. Try vickery, people seem to really like them. Or even give Coyote a call, they're a brand new yamaha shop and based on posts here, seem to be a pretty good bunch of folks.

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Vickery is REALLY far from me but I did buy an R6 in 99 from them and was happy with the serv I received. Worth a try in the future. Im just upset I bought a serv contract and cant use it!!!!!!

Anonymous
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Is it a Yamaha extended service thing, or a CPS deal? If it's Yamaha you might be able to convince them the shop you bought it from is useless and to let you go somewhere else.

Give Coyote a shot, they're not too far from Thornton (58th/I-25).

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Nah its the CO Powersports serv plan. Ive been in Coyote just worried cause they R new. No track record yet U know? Plus I heard they took a lot of CO Powersports emplyees..... AHHHH Lets hope it was the good ones.

Anonymous
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 10:39 AM
From what was said about Coyote, it seems the people that went there did so because they were tired of other shops treating customers like crap and wanted to create an environment where that was not prevalent. They are new, however so far they have taken an active role in this forum (John has anyway), and when one of our members had an issue it was taken care of quickly and openly. Just based on that, I'd say that even if they don't do it perfect, they would likely correct it to your satisfaction in a timely fashion... They are new though, you are right. It's your call, but if it were me I'd probably trust my bike with them enough to at least give it a shot. Jmetz had a problem with them, but they earned a second chance in my book in the way it was handled.

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Yes I read that post on his issue. I agree with the resolution also. I talk to Dirran there quite a bit and he seems like a good guy also. I will look into that.

Thanks
D

JohnS
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Come down and talk to Darrin or myself and we can introduce you to everyone in the service dept. You can make up your own mind from there.

John

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks I will. I met Will a time or 2 when I was in before. U were just open and still setting up. Ill make it a point to get in there soon.

rocktboy
Mon Jul 21st, 2003, 10:52 AM
I have similarily bad experiences at the co powersports service dept at the 104th. I found out from a recent oil change that they recommended a regular yamalube for my R1 instead of the semi-synthetic blend that yamaha recommends :x

Also I once called in to make an appointment and I SPECIFICALLY asked if they can do a fork alignment while I wait. They said sure and I made the appointment and rode down there. And of course when I dropped off my bike they told me yeah it will be ready some time next week! I am like WTF :x :x :x

......2 1/2 hours later the bike is done. Steering seems as loose as ever to me. I ask the service tech about it. He says it's fine and quotes an 18 in/lbs torque setting for the lower nut.......

this coming from a service rep is just SCARY!!! 18in/lbs? that's applying 1 lb of force from an 18inch lever arm, that's less than finger tight! using your pinkys!!!

big_E
Wed Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Following is a letter I just sent to CPS yesterday. Sorry, it's long, and I even left out a few other details that illustrate their overall competence (or lack thereof). Usually if I complain I ask for something specific to redress the situation, but in this case I really don't even want to deal with them again. I'll update this thread with their response, if any.

[text of letter sent 7/22/03 follows:]
Dear Colorado Powersports,

I am writing to inform you that I will not be bringing my motorcycle to any of your service locations in the future, and why I have arrived at that conclusion. In May of 2003, I purchased a new 2001 SV650S from Co. Powersports in Castle Rock. The pickup of the bike was delayed one day because the salesperson said the ignition key was lost at the warehouse, and a new one would have to be express shipped from Suzuki America.

I am happy with the bike, and nothing serious has malfunctioned in any way in its first 1200 miles. However, several weeks ago I noticed oil around the right fork dust seal. Rightfully assuming I had blown a seal, I made an appointment with Powersports Denver (on 104th Ave.) to have the fork seal replaced and the 600-mi. service completed. During this initial phone call I was told that they may not have the seal, which would mean they’d have to order it.

I brought the bike in as scheduled on Tuesday, July 15. At some point during that day (either when I dropped the bike off or when I called to check on its status), I was told that the fork seal definitely wasn’t in stock, and I’d have to bring the bike in at another time after the part arrived. When I came to pick up the bike on the afternoon of the 15th, I was told that the part had been “found,” so they were ready to replace it after all. However, I didn’t have any ride home at that point, so I arranged to bring the motorcycle in again the morning of the 16th to complete the fork seal repair. (I should add that Nick, from the service counter, called my home and cell phone shortly after I left to pick up the bike to tell me that they had indeed found the fork seal part. Unfortunately, I was unable to receive his call.)

I picked the bike up the afternoon of July 17 and began to ride home. Immediately, I noticed that the front brake felt soft. I thought it must have been due to a cable adjustment, but when I got to the next traffic signal I looked at the lever assembly and saw that the two bolts that hold it to the handlebar were completely loosened. The entire lever assembly was moving back and forth whenever the lever was squeezed. I turned around, drove right back into the service area, and a technician came out and tightened it. I figured this was a minor glitch and I didn’t want to make trouble for any of the service people.

However, there are a couple other issues that I have discovered and thought about since last week that only added to my discomfort regarding leaving my bike in your hands again:

1) I specifically asked that my clutch cable be adjusted when I first dropped off the bike, because it seemed that the barrel adjuster at the handlebar end was already at the end of its limit (the free play was within specs, but any further adjustment would have required working on the clutch end of the cable). When I received the bike back the first time, the locking nut on the barrel adjuster was completely loose and hanging in the middle of the threads. I addressed this issue again when I dropped off the bike the second time, and it appeared to be corrected.

2) I had also mentioned, in my first phone call, that I thought the chain needed adjustment. I had measured the slack according to the owner’s manual, and it was at the outside limit of manufacturer’s recommendation. That is, like the clutch cable, it was barely within spec, but obviously at the end of the range that Suzuki deems safe. I was assured that chain cleaning, lube, and adjustment was included in the 600-mi. service, but when I checked again two days ago, it was clear that the axle bolts hadn’t been touched nor the chain slack adjusted. Now the slack is clearly greater than specification, and I have no rear stand with which to adjust it myself.

Now, should I make another appointment to have my chain adjusted, or spend $150 on a stand so I know it’s done right? It seems that if I spend $250 (I declined the oil change or it would have been $270) on a service package that requires virtually zero parts (aside from chain, fittings, and cable lube, not that I have any evidence that these components were actually serviced), my bike should receive at least a couple hours’ attention from an expert, qualified technician. Was that the case? It’s hard for me to imagine.

There were some positive aspects to my experience: my fork seal was covered under warranty, with no questions asked; the service manager (?), Nick, was very helpful and cooperative—I would be happy to work with him at any time. Actually, I’ve never had a single problem with any Powersports employee, from sales to service to reception, they have all been friendly and professional. (Oh, I forgot, I have been unable to register my vehicle in Jefferson County because of an error made by your titling department.)

My main issue is that I don’t trust what the service technicians claim to do, or their competence in performing the tasks that they do accomplish. Therefore, I won’t be bringing my motorcycle to any Colorado Powersports in the future for maintenance or repairs, or recommending you to any of my fellow riders. If you are truly interested in ideas to help repair your service reputation with myself and others, I would be happy to provide further input. If not, I won’t waste any further time or energy trying to help.

surfinspacegirl
Wed Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:13 PM
CO Powersports on 104th is the closest bike shop to my office, so I thought I'd give them a try a while back. The results were the same on each of three times I attempted to give them some of my hard-earned cash.

Call the shop. Someone picks up, I get transferred to parts, and then I'm on hold long enough to hear their incredibly annoying jingle in its entirety at least 6 times before someone picks up and say "Oh, parts never picked up, huh?" before putting me back on hold.

Eventually some kid picks up the phone and I tell him what I need. He puts me on hold. Then comes back and asks me for what bike & what year & what was I looking for again, 3 times, putting me on hold inbetween each reaffirmation :x even though I told him that up front.

Every time it's the same story; nothing's in stock, it'll take a week to arrive and everything's more expensive than elsewhere (except for Fay Myers, who are consistently the most expensive shop in town, even with a racer discount - but that's another story).

The two times I actually ventured in there, I dealt with some kid who obvisouly didn't give a sh*t about whether I got the right parts or not, and one guy who was actually very helpful & knowledgeable, but again didn't have anything in stock. And I'm not talking specialized Zook parts here, I'm talking basic stuff like a chain breaking tool or dielectric grease or sliders.

Totally, utterly, useless, in my book. I'd rather drive the miles to Performance, TK or GPMS than deal with them again.

Anonymous
Wed Jul 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM
Ironically Fay had some decent prices on tie downs when I went in there, $29.95 for the CanyonDancer and like $12 for a set of 2 of those cam-buckle pull straps with the coated hooks. Their kneesliders were more expensive but I didn't have time to get to performance, so I got them anyway - won't be doing that again. They were just more convenient in location.

See I just need to open my own shop up so I can always get the stuff I need... :up: hmmm....... :idea: :D

GixxStunna
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah I think I have all of you guys beat. Yall can tell me what little shit eaters they are. I purchased a 03 GSXR 600 from them back in June. I understood everything in the deal and she went over the paperwork well... Or so I thought. She starts telling me that with every new bike there is this coverage that CO requires which is called GAP insurance $500 also this new extra theft protection which makes bikes almost impossible to steal $300 that was my own fault there. Then she goes on and on how every dealer charges a shipping and set-up fee which is true $1000. Now I stunt bikes and I have never bought a new bike from a dealer and she starts telling me about the extra service contract being that I tear my bikes up $1300. Ok so im all excited and signing everything she tells me 11k + for the bike. I figured with my credit that was price after the loan not a bad deal in my mind. So I drive it to work with all my paperwork and get bored at work and decide to actually read the crap. 11k is what I paid for the bike and 14k is what I will pay at the end of the loan. So im just flamin pissed off and call Joe right away and tell him im bringing this bike back. His clever ass says well "we cant do that" So I said fine then drop all these extra charges I got on here that I dont want, again " yea we cant do that either". I finally call my lawyer and says everything they did was legal but it was typical of a dealership and tells me "should have called me before dumbass thats why you pay me". So I call Joe back and tell him listen fucker I dont want this bike im going to drop it off on your lot with the keys in it. I knew I had no grounds or any legal matter to win this so I waited to see what the offer was and all he said he could do was make my first payment for me. So I took it in the ass from CO Pwrsports at no fault but my own. On top of all this remember when I said I stunt my bike? Yeah that means I got the crusty plastics to prove it so now its no longer worth what stock was. Im a dumb fuck. Wanna buy a bike anyone? :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 03:08 PM
11k is what I paid for the bike and 14k is what I will pay at the end of the loan. So im just flamin pissed off

You're going to sh!t a brick when you see how mortgages work :x

NineTwoFour
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 08:50 PM
LoL

I almost choked when I found out how much interest I will pay over the life of my Mortgage. It pains me SOOO much to write the mortgage check each month, knowing I am only paying down the balance a few hundred dollars. :x

I was being really good sending in extra money each month; until I just HAD to buy a new R6. :roll:

IQ
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 09:44 PM
I've worked in the finance industry for years. They tried to pull that shit with me too. I laughed, called the finance manager a fuckin jackoff and walked right out of the office and bought my bike from Fay Myers.

A lot of people bash Fay but they were honest about the bike they were selling me, fair with the price and didn't try to bullshit me during financing with dealer add-on's.

BTW, gap insurance isn't mandatory...it pays the deficiency balance on your bike if you crash it and the insurance payoff doesn't cover what you owe.

Another thing...(here's the REALLY fucked up part)...you've got a simple interest loan. It means you pay interest daily. Meaning, if youre late on a payment...you just added more money to the end of your loan. If you were a few days late on 5 or 6 payments over the term of your loan, you could end up paying quite a lot more for that bike than you planned.

Better luck next time brotha!

JohnS
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I use to work in finance as well. If I had it to do over again I would have purchased the GAP. BTW it costed you $300, Sate law does not allow dealerships to sell it for more than that. 500 is what you paid for theft. Gap is very usefull but only if you use it. It's useless if you put down enough money so that your paying for what the bike is actually worth or you got a screamin good deal. finance dept.'s shouldn't describe these items as mandatory only as options and should fully explain each one and how it works but then again maybe thats why I never made much money in finance :oops:

As far as taking the bike back thats why when your buying anything you need to sit down and clear your head and ask questions and think about what the costs are. You may have very well thought at the time that everything was a good idea and it still could be. If your bikes ever stolen you'll get money from theft protection and gap will basically pay off your bike and give you a nice down payment for a new bike. If you ever wreck your bike, instead of being forced to make payments on something you don't have, anything you owe over what the blue book value is paid for in full up to $5000. As far as Service plans go take that bike there every week and change the oil and follow all you routine services. You paid for it you might as well use it. Dealerships hope you won't use it that way the contract is pure profit. Have you had your 1000 mile service, 3000 mile, 5000 mile etc...?

I'm not trying to pitch you on anything I'm just trying to show you what you paid for. Most of the time as long as your monthly payment and interest are good then your fully protected. Now if you bought credit protection thats another story.... :321:

GixxStunna
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 06:56 PM
will theft protection still work if I only have Liability? And yes I use all my services.

JohnS
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 10:48 PM
I can't remember if suzuki does it or not but I know as far as Yamaha is concerned if you are financing through them via HRSI you do not need full coverage or even proof to take the bike from the dealer if your total with tax is under $10,000. Local banks and all credit unions require proof of insurance regardless of the amount.

Good question though, there is a maxium limit theft will pay out but with the combination of theft and gap will probably cover the bike. your paperwork should tell you. The real question to me is how much did you pay for the bike? No need to answer but if you paid MSRP plus tax no worries but I know you have an extra $800 right off the bat with your coverage no big deal though if someone steals your bike you'll get paid. Granted it won't be fixed overnight (possibly months) :roll: It will get handled though. I suggest getting full coverage.

Nothing you can do about it now anyways just enjoy your bike :)

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Nothing you can do about it now anyways just enjoy your bike :)

You could ride it through their store front window. I don't think it would solve anything, though :lol:

yakuza
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Like that Discount Tire commercial, where the old lady throws the tire through the window? :lol:

JohnS
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 06:54 AM
:o :lol: