PDA

View Full Version : Lookin in Golden/Denver Area

BeoBe
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Lookin for work in the golden area, have already put in a few applications but wanted to know if their are any other good places to be applying at.. any help is appreciated as always

ok i opened up my options here to see what i can find, been tearin up google and what not so lets see what we can do.. leaning more towards customer support/tech support unless anyone knows of a company looking for a non cert. welder. But pretty much anything that doesn't need a degree

BeoBe
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
bump

Tipys
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Have you tried Criagslist?

64BonnieLass
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Bobby, in addition to networking, check the main job boards Monster, Dice, Careerbuilder (maybe you already have).

And also check out www.indeed.com (http://www.indeed.com). It's a job posting aggregator of sorts, but you can type in a key word and see what it pulls up for you.

Also, when applying for positions that you feel suited for, try to get a phone number that you can call to follow up. Taking some initiative can pay off given the amount of resumes that everyone is being flooded with.

:)

BeoBe
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:05 PM
yea i hear ya bonnie.. Yea i have been doing everything i can online including monster and a few others.. Just wanted to post up on here and see if anyone knows of a company that is hiring right now so i have a little more narrowed down focus

sugarrey
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I hit craigs on a daily basis. And even though alot of the jobs have local numbers they are bullshit. Its sad, cause I love CL but 75% of the jobs I apply for are bullshit. Make $2000 a week from home, offices in Ireland and so forth. Sad.

BeoBe
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 03:46 PM
ya thats what i kept running into was seeing alot of work from home bullshit..

sugarrey
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I wanna get out of the house.....DAMN!

sugarrey
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I applied here, and got turned down...

Riverdog
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I would suggest hitting up the healthcare field. Google the larger networks like Centura and Healthone and go to their job postings. All you have to do is get in the door and things open up quick, if you are the right person. Look for non-clinical positions like medical records or supply chain / material handlers. Once you get in you can move around. It may not be exactly what you were looking for but healthcare tends to be somewhat recession resistant, as peolple get sick in good and bad times.
Just a suggestion

Lookin for work in the golden area, have already put in a few applications but wanted to know if their are any other good places to be applying at.. any help is appreciated as always

ok i opened up my options here to see what i can find, been tearin up google and what not so lets see what we can do.. leaning more towards customer support/tech support unless anyone knows of a company looking for a non cert. welder. But pretty much anything that doesn't need a degree