PDA

View Full Version : To CSC members who care

sugarrey
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that has posted help while I go thru thru my 10 year slump with my 99 R1!. I have had a few issues and I really couldn't of got thru unless you guys were there to help (or sometimes point out how much of a dumbass I am). Overheating, popping out of gear, HID installation, turn signal installation, bodywork and so forth.

At first I was giving up easily and was going to let someone else figure it out, but you guys gave me the confidence to dig in, and offered support or just supervised me as I did it myself.....

Wanted to single out a few gentlemen that really have been there for me, DAVID OF COLORADO and BHeth for helping me get thru my latest service issues.

Met up with DAVID OF COLORADO today and we finally fixed my "popping out of gear issue" he had the tools, the know how and the compassion to "give a shit" even when my unemployed ass had nothing to offer him. That was just great of you DAVID....Thanks so much for taking time. Kudos

BHeth has always been there with advice and helping me thru the manual and giving advice that has pointed me in the right direction. Thanks BHeth for that, I owe you a few.

I am available for you guys anytime, labor, help with your bikes or whatever (except sexual favors)!!!

Thanks to the forum to getting all of us crazy bastages together in one place so we can enjoy our sport together.

It's what the forum is all about right!!! Hells Yeah!

Below are a few pics of the problem, why my R1 would slip out of gear...First pic, look on the bottom near the gasket.....What is that thing lying there?

Second pic, the culprit. David rebent the broken spring just like the original so the bike shifts like new again...I am going to order the OEM spring, but in the meantime she's just like new.

Cars-R-Coffins
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Glad to hear it's finally working.

brennahm
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Congrats!

Horsman
Tue Jun 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
We Care, We Share, We Bare (only on the Noob Rides). LOL

DavidofColorado
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Your welcome. Tag for comments. I'm not here.

Slo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Good to see your bike is working again. Yeah, we all bicker and argue on here, but when it comes down to it, most everyone is willing to help each other out.

SaShWhO
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
:cry:
touching.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Glad you've finally got 'er running mang! It may have sucked hard getting through all that, but remember, even at the worst point of all of this, your biggest problem in life was still "aw, I've gotta go work on my bike!"

:cheers:

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I really am starting to enjoy working on it. This morning I went out and re-did the HID wiring since I wasnt happy with my previous job and put a new set of integrated lights on the back...Im really feeling it. If I had the cash, I would go buy some tools so I could really get jiggy wit it.

My puppy like to hang out when I work on the bike.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Nice work der. Barry call you back yet?

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah he got back to me about an hour ago...and DAMN you for not fixing my bike when I called....heheh. Probably gonna goto the bodyshop tomorrow.

Thanks again bro.

BHeth
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
:up:

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
ahhh, that avatar never gets old :piss:

InlineSIX24
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
The HID is nice. Turned out to be more work on mine than I thought between the bulb not fitting right and having to add a switch but definitely worth it.

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I had a pair of PIAA yellows in there, which ABSOLUTELY SUCKED as far as visibility but were different. Got these for DDM for $107 delivered, H4 high and low beam HID and they are absolutely sick, beautiful connections are high class materials. Thought the price was a mistake because I was previously looking at ones over $300 for a hi/lo dual headlight but they are perfect!!! I just ran the wires like a fricken chicken-monkey the first time so I wanted to redo it, got nothing but time.

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I love em....These are 10k from DDM. $107 to my door hi/lo

InlineSIX24
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking about doing the car also. Was it DDMtuning.com that you used? There was two different sites w/ DDM in it that do the kits.

sugarrey
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:27 AM
goto apexcone.com