PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when you advertise your route...

DavidofColorado
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 03:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941iQiYCuJQ&feature=related
The cops are out but they are patroling TN.

The ending is the best part.

thatmofo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 07:03 AM
We talked about this before our ride on Sunday. It's safest to PM routes.

Sully
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 07:31 AM
This road has always been patrolled, especially during the weekend... it's not like it's an advertised route, it's a very popular road. www.dealsgap.com (http://www.dealsgap.com) www.tailofthedragon.com (http://www.tailofthedragon.com)

But as most would agree, don't publish or advertise your route on a public forum :no:

dirkterrell
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 07:52 AM
This road has always been patrolled,

I'm so glad I got to ride it for a few years when I was in college before it turned into the attraction that it has become. But there are a lot of roads in western NC that are just as much fun to ride...

Dirk

Sully
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I'm so glad I got to ride it for a few years when I was in college before it turned into the attraction that it has become. But there are a lot of roads in western NC that are just as much fun to ride...

Dirk

Same here.. but I was so slow, I think I was at or under the speed limit ! :turtle: :lol: :spit:..... mmmmm the Cherahola Skyway... :hump:

Captain Obvious
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
They have been dialing up the patroling in the last couple of years though. Used to be able to go during the week and not have much traffic nor cops, but people have been going up there and overdoing it.

Can't say I blame the cops, frankly, there are multiple roads that are more fun and even a bit safer to ride fast on.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
They have been dialing up the patroling in the last couple of years though. Used to be able to go during the week and not have much traffic nor cops, but people have been going up there and overdoing it.

Can't say I blame the cops, frankly, there are multiple roads that are more fun and even a bit safer to ride fast on.

I can blame the cops. :321:

kawasakirob
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Pesky risk takers. It is a double yellow damnit! can't you see there are 2 lines?

CaneZach
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
As Sully said, it's a MAJOR riding destination. If you're unfamiliar with the Dragon, it's a mecca for a lot of riders, although I will also agree with Sully and go to Cherehola and others who have said there are a bunch of other roads in the area that are just as good, but not as popular.

I know some will disagree with me (Nick, I'm looking your way), but the increase in police patrolling the area rests largely on the riders. You have an 11-mile stretch of road that had four crashes in one day. When you start crashing, you bring unwanted attention on yourself and when the LEO's who investigate those crashes get called to the same area repeatedly, they will start to patrol those same areas. What's the saying? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.wandco.com/wp-content/uploads/cop.jpg
Crazy Two Wheelin punks. This is a road for travel.

GixXxeR
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Huh?

Ricky
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Interesting stuff at the end of that video. How exactly is speeding 6 times safer than driving the posted speed limit? Or did they mean that speeding to pass is six times safer than passing at the posted speed limit?

DavidofColorado
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Interesting stuff at the end of that video. How exactly is speeding 6 times safer than driving the posted speed limit? Or did they mean that speeding to pass is six times safer than passing at the posted speed limit?
I think he meant speeding six times the posted speed limit is safer. Depending on traffic I would agree.

kevplus2
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM

unsupported (or weakly supported) rhetoric at best.

FZRguy
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:42 PM
But there are a lot of roads in western NC that are just as much fun to ride...Dirk

I couldn't agree more.