PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating

chubster2003
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
anybody know of a good, reasonably priced, powder coater in the firestone (highway 52 and I-25) thanks guys Clinton

Sean
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM
McVahhh will post up in a minute. He's your man. :up:

chubster2003
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:21 AM
wow, now thats called service 8)

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
:D
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20887

Unfortunately we're on a temporary hiatus from powdercoating due to some things going down at the shop. I'm hoping to get back to it soon, but realistically it will be the end of the summer of fall before we can start coating again. As long as you're not in a big hurry I can hook you up.

--Brian

leadbedr
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
If i were to get my wheels done, would i need to bring them to you ready to go?
or can you take them off the bike at your shop?
Not looking any time soon, but want to start planning the winter project.

sugarrey
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:01 PM
denver bumper and a small harley shop done west of colfax and sheridan I believe....dont know the name, but they have "powdercoating" on their signage outside, north side.

chubster2003
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
roger brian, not really looking for RIGHT NOW, but it would of been nice ;)

let me know when your up and running again :)

there is a shop right down the road that does powder coating, and they wanted $150 to do some case covers, i just laughed and walked away. they said because they had to clean them and make sure they didnt get any on the inside..... re-donk-ulous

there is one more just north of me, and if i get bored i may go see how much they wanna rape me...

Skinbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
There is a body shop in Longmont that can do it. Also, spec wheels in Commerce City does an awesome job and wont charge an arm and leg. Tell them Erin sent you.

chubster2003
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
well i will have to check them out, thanks Erin

brennahm
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
A guy I work with had a quad frame and subframe powdercoated by Road Runner Fabrication here in Denver. They did an awesome job and it was cheap.

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
If i were to get my wheels done, would i need to bring them to you ready to go?
or can you take them off the bike at your shop?
Not looking any time soon, but want to start planning the winter project.

Depends on how much you want to pay. :D

If you were to bring me your bike as is, I would have to take the wheels off and then take them somewhere to have the tires and bearings removed and then put back on. I'd have to pass all that cost on to you, plus my own time and inconvenience. :mrt:

Best thing is to just bring me the wheels all ready to go and save yourself some cash. :up:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
( Brian- I woulda had ya PC mine, if ya had time :( )

Woody's is $125/Mag wheel www.woodyswheelworks.com (http://www.woodyswheelworks.com) 303-936-0232

McVaaahhh
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
( Brian- I woulda had ya PC mine, if ya had time :( )

Woody's is $125/Mag wheel www.woodyswheelworks.com (http://www.woodyswheelworks.com) 303-936-0232

I'll have time, just not at the moment. I'm hoping this fall and this winter we can get some regular work going. :up:

UnoMOTO
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
A guy I work with had a quad frame and subframe powdercoated by Road Runner Fabrication here in Denver. They did an awesome job and it was cheap.

X2 on those guys. The have done a few things for me and I was very happy with the results.

kevplus2
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM
There is a body shop in Longmont that can do it.

rocky mountain. just picked up a swingarm from there tonight. they did a really nice job and the price was decent (although higher than i have seen others charge).

there is a minimum charge of $100 plus $25 for supplies though. so make sure to take in a few items if they are small to make it worth it. as an example, my swingarm was $125 and i could've included a couple small items and still paid the same price. they can also have the part prepped for you. i took mine down to steves alignment and had it media blasted for $25, but i think rocky mountain would've charged about the same.

they arent really up on m/c parts though. make sure you explain the areas you dont want coated (bearing surfaces/threads./etc). they have a decent range of colors but i just needed gloss black

Ceez
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Mile High Polishing also does powder coat at a competitive price...let them know Cesar sent ya

http://www.milehighpolishing.com/powder-coating/4528218922

Skinbabe
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
rocky mountain. just picked up a swingarm from there tonight. they did a really nice job and the price was decent (although higher than i have seen others charge).

Yep, thats the one!