PDA

View Full Version : Is There an Unwritten Gym Code?

thatmofo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Here's the scenario. You work out at the gym a lot and you see a lady that you think is attractive. Is there a "proper" time to approach her during her workout? Or is it uncalled to interrupt her workout routine just because you want to see if she's available for lunch?

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
A firm, open-palmed slapped on the ass will let her know you appreciate her slim figure and attractive physique. After which, give her your best "Magnum" look and leave your number on the back of your egg-white business card, which has embossed letters naturally.

Gchi
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
you ask if she likes camping...

TurboGizzmo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
In the showers?

Nick_Ninja
I hope Ralph doesn't turn this into a "Special Thread". :321:

Tipys
There is a few unwritten gym codes but I dont know any for this. I would just try bumping into her and start a conversation. Also a good quote ''All is fare in love and war''

TurboGizzmo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
or run after real fast when she is heading for her car.....?

thatmofo
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I hope Ralph doesn't turn this into a "Special Thread". :321:

Who is Ralph?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Who is Ralph?

He's the dude that monitors the harbor. :D

Think
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:19 AM
There is a few unwritten gym codes but I dont know any for this. I would just try bumping into her and start a conversation. Also a good quote ''All is fare in love and war''
Ah man, you were doing so well.

willb003
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:24 AM
A firm, open-palmed slapped on the ass will let her know you appreciate her slim figure and attractive physique. After which, give her your best "Magnum" look and leave your number on the back of your egg-white business card, which has embossed letters naturally.

Well you want to give a condom with the business card so she knows immediately that you are a stand up guy.

brennahm
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Just wait IN the car, that way you have time to talk!

Seriously, there is no "appropriate" time. She'll either blow you off or talk to you. Nothing you do will change that.

JohnEffinK
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Here is just my thoughts:

You wait until she is on the bench doing presses. You walk up to spot her and hang your junk over her face.

Ask her to lunch. If she is impressed with your junk just mere inches from her face, she will say yes and you know you are good to go...:hump:

Seriously if interested just ask her. Set up something low stress for the first get together. Lunch or a cup of coffee or something - no need going big dog if your not sure you are even compatable.

But what do I know - my track record is unknown....

Now GTFOML.

John

UglykidJoe
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Here is just my thoughts:

You wait until she is on the bench doing presses. You walk up to spot her and hang your junk over her face.

Ask her to lunch. If she is impressed with your junk just mere inches from her face, she will say yes and you know you are good to go...:hump:

John

LMAO, awesome!

MetaLord 9
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Walk up to her, club her over the head with a weight & drag her off to the showers. What's lunch? :dunno:

Devaclis
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:15 AM
You could start by sniffing her stationary bicycle seat and then move on to small talk about jock itch remedies or how Jenna Jamisons vagioplasty is coming along.

Spiderman
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Well you want to give a condom with the business card so she knows immediately that you are a stand up guy.
Make sure you staple the condom to the business card...

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:31 AM
:lol:

It's way too early in the morning for me to be reading this crap...omg that is some funny stuff.

(damn, I hang out with way too many guys)

MetaLord 9
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Jump on the tread mill behind her and proceed to chase her on the treadmill. Afterwards, reminder her that since she was simulating running, you were simulating chasing her to maximize her workout. Be naked when you do this

Then mount her to display dominance.

Shea
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Jump on the tread mill behind her and proceed to chase her on the treadmill. Afterwards, reminder her that since she was simulating running, you were simulating chasing her to maximize her workout. Be naked when you do this

Then mount her to display dominance.

Jebus Chris that was funny. Coffee through the nose funny.

~Barn~
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
If she goes there on the regular and you go there on the regular, don't say a word, until there is a pretty well-established serious of "caught your eyes" that happen.

If you and she both are noticing one another here-n-there, and realize that you're both gym "locals", it will make the introduction infinitely more smooth. And plus, over the course of a few weeks, you can have a couple acknowledging smiles to one another, maybe even a couple passing "hello's". After that is all well and good, you will undoubtedly have a chance for a very natural conversation, and take it from there.

However, if you are from-out-of-left-field-guy, you're going to have the odds against you, in a big way. G'luck!

Mister BOYD
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Here's the scenario. You work out at the gym a lot and you see a lady that you think is attractive. Is there a "proper" time to approach her during her workout? Or is it uncalled to interrupt her workout routine just because you want to see if she's available for lunch?

IMO.. most women that are in the GYM exercising aren't feeling particularly attractive at the moment and during their work out might not be the best time to approach. A lot of women I know that have had this happen to them tell me that they're there for the workout and don't really care for a guy picking up on them. If you really want to talk to this girl.. pace your work out to match hers as best as possible and bump into her on the way out, after she's had a minute to "clean up" in the locker room. If your any good at approaching and she's interested.. it shouldn't be a quick hi/bye and convo should come easily. OR.. don't count on a number or lunch to come from the first time you talk. The next time you see her in the GYM after the ice has broken, will open it up for convo during the work out and maybe a number. Leave her with something to remember you by, like a wink or do something (purposefully) goofy so that she remembers you the next time she sees you until you do get that number. That kind of thing works for me anyway.

dirkterrell
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Just take some cues from these guys:

http://evilmonito.com/2008/12/28/bizarre-birds-of-paradise/

http://evilmonito.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/18slen6502.jpg

Dirk

Mister BOYD
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just take some cues from these guys:

http://evilmonito.com/2008/12/28/bizarre-birds-of-paradise/

http://evilmonito.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/18slen6502.jpg

Dirk

LOL.. I've been trying to perfect that dance! Unfortunately I either "mount" the log in a fall (thus damaging my fatherhood) or I look too freaky and the chickedy flies away! :( HAHAH

~Barn~
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
That bird must work out!

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
You could wipe the sweat off her vajayjay.

TheStig
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
That bird rocks. Looks like a giant goofy smiley face!

Having a sister who talks about this all the time, I think they gym is a bad place to pick up chicks. Unless she is one of those girls who wears BEBE sport stuff with her ass hanging out that runs on the treadmill for 3 seconds. She might be there to pick up doods. hhaha

Tipys
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:24 PM
That bird rocks. Looks like a giant goofy smiley face!

Having a sister who talks about this all the time, I think they gym is a bad place to pick up chicks. Unless she is one of those girls who wears BEBE sport stuff with her ass hanging out that runs on the treadmill for 3 seconds. She might be there to pick up doods. hhaha

Yes I know a movie quote but it has a lot of truth to it.

"Basic Principles - no matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom."

Extra cool points if you can figure out where that quote came from. I do know where its from. do you?

thatmofo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
IMO.. most women that are in the GYM exercising aren't feeling particularly attractive at the moment and during their work out might not be the best time to approach. A lot of women I know that have had this happen to them tell me that they're there for the workout and don't really care for a guy picking up on them...

This is what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that has heard this.

Gchi
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Yes I know a movie quote but it has a lot of truth to it.

"Basic Principles - no matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom."

Extra cool points if you can figure out where that quote came from. I do know where its from. do you?

Hitch?

internet is my friend.

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Will Smith is gaaaaaaayyy. :slappers:

Tipys
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:50 PM
^^^But he has never broke rule #1

Hi11Zone
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:11 AM
ur kidding me right

willb003
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:01 AM
^^^But he has never broke rule #1

HA HA

Mister BOYD
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM
This is what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that has heard this.

Excellent. Glad I could confirm. Tryin hitting her up at the end! Good luck buddy!

Devaclis
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM
In the words of the great lyricist, Alfred Yankovic:

I know that you
Don't know me very well
We've barely met
But I can surely tell
No one will ever
Love you like I do

I like to feel
The warm spot on your chair
Sometimes I drool
And usually I stare
My precious one
I saved that gum
That you threw in the garbage

You're the one I dream about
But the only question with me now
Is "Do I creep you out?"
Everytime I shake your hand now
Wanna stick your fingers in my mouth
Do I creep you out?

Call you every night and hang up
Gonna carve your name in my leg
In my leg, oh-oh!

Somethin' I should ask about
Can I sniff the pit-stains on your blouse?
And do I creep you,
Do I creep you out?
(Your restraining order's out)
(Still the only question with me now)
Oh the only question
(Is "Do I creep you out?")
Is "Do I creep you out?"
Know exactly where you live now
Follow you from work right to your house
Well, do I creep you out?
Do I creep you out?

(cheering crowd)

zetaetatheta
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM
What's a gym?

Twisted-Throttle
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Just talk to her. If she is interested you should be able to tell. Its worth a shot.

How do you get anywhere if you are scare to go outside?

jimwallace
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
i have to say that most people who attend the gym on a regular basis are there for the workout, however if you approach in a "friendly" manner as opposed to a "prospective" manner then you will get farther. Also DONT approach while she is doing cardio......that tends to irritate people. Its hard to get in a zone for cardio and once you do if you get interrupted it is very aggrevating.

Mental
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
What's a gym?
Its a place for peaple who aren't/weren't in the Navy to go so they don't look like they were/are in the Navy

Devaclis
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/071219wizardhat.jpg

TFOGGuys
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
I'm still gonna go with the tearing of leaves, throwing dung, and beating my chest....

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060219/060219_CinGorilla_vmed.widec.jpg

Shea
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
I'm still gonna go with the tearing of leaves, throwing dung, and beating my chest....

60% of the time, it works every time.