PDA

View Full Version : Chicane announces 6/26 @ PMP $100

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Come join us @ PMP on Friday, June 26th :up:
http://chicanetrackdays.com/register.html

MRA racers who attend this trackday will have their camping fee included as part of the trackday.

We will be running in 2 30 minute sessions

There are 3 Never Ever spots available. These go VERY FAST so don't hesitate if you're interested in getting out for your first trackday

More details from Rybo to follow... :D

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yay! Hopefully I can get work off. Most likely yes :yay:

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I'm in :up:

SaShWhO
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I will try to get the day off and ride for once rather than work.

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:38 AM
:yay: :bananna: :headbang:

Matrix
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Decesions Decesions...haha Probably in.

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Should we all plan on going down the night before and rough it?

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm game for camping at the State park again :up:

green_zx7r
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Out of curiosity, are there any advance riding classes being held on this one?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Yusuke

Foolds
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:45 AM
SOB, I can't get that day off others are already out of the office! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Yusuke
Scott will have to post up details later but I believe Vanmar will be doing rider training

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Should we all plan on going down the night before and rough it?

Me and Joe are talking about just heading down early in the morning the day of instead of camping. If he changes his mind, however, I'm down to camp out with you guys.

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Me and Joe are talking about just heading down early in the morning the day of instead of camping. If he changes his mind, however, I'm down to camp out with you guys.

Yeah, just let us know. I think we are definitely going to camp out :D

More fun that way!

Sean
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yusuke,
I know Mark Schellinger (sp) is always at Scott's trackdays. You might want to get a hold of him and see if he'll be doing lessons. :dunno:

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I know Mark Schellinger (sp) is always at Scott's trackdays. You might want to get a hold of him and see if he'll be doing lessons. :dunno:
Sean, see my post above ;)

green_zx7r
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks Jon and Sean.

Don't know if I can take that day off yet, but I'll definitely do my best since I had to miss the HPR Chicane Track Day with Jakub...

Dizzy D
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Just a heads up to the campers:
That weekend the 26, 27, and 28 is the National Street Rod car show at the fairgrounds. The whole town is being invaded by hot rods and making hotel reservations impossible to get. (Including for the MRA races that weekend.)
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=8851
This does include the camping at Pueblo Lake and the state parks in the area. I know this because my parents will be down there camping with a small army of hot rod friends.

If you plan on camping you may want to make reservations, or call and see if any camp spots will be available.

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks Jon and Sean.

Don't know if I can take that day off yet, but I'll definitely do my best since I had to miss the HPR Chicane Track Day with Jakub...
DOOOO EEEET :up:

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Just a heads up to the campers:
That weekend the 26, 27, and 28 is the National Street Rod car show at the fairgrounds. The whole town is being invaded by hot rods and making hotel reservations impossible to get. (Including for the MRA races that weekend.)
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=8851
This does include the camping at Pueblo Lake and the state parks in the area. I know this because my parents will be down there camping with a small army of hot rod friends.

If you plan on camping you may want to make reservations, or call and see if any camp spots will be available.

Good to know...I will call and see if we can get a spot reserved.

Thanks for the warning :up:

racedk6
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Jon so the camping thing for the MRA riders... does that mean we can camp at the track Thrusday night... or Friday night?

Also who goes in what sessions considering that it is right before the races and all the MRA peeps are gonna be down there?

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 01:23 PM
95% sure it's Friday night for MRA...

Probably will be run as the last PMP day

Beginner/Intermediate in 1 session
Racers in another

that is unless we get 100 signups for the day, then we'll break into 3 sessions..

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Also, I will be looking for someone to give me some pointers that day if anyone is up for it.

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
don't crash....

:lol:

SaShWhO
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Also, I will be looking for someone to give me some pointers that day if anyone is up for it.
here's a pointer.
try negotiating turn one at or around 60-70mph rather than 100:idea:

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I looked at the Pueblo Lake State park website and it seems to me that there will plenty of availability for a camp site, but I think I want to reserve one anyways...but I need to know who for sure will be roughin' it with us!

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM
don't crash....

here's a pointer.
try negotiating turn one at or around 60-70mph rather than 100:idea:

http://faroutshirts.com/images/DieInAFire-Preview.png

:D :D

mforza
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 04:11 PM
By the way, what rider from WSBK is going to be there this time? Ben Spies? :D:D

Gramps
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Wish I could be there. I have to work that day.

Have fun

:)

racedk6
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Is there a half day price??

mbohn
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Is there a half day price??

For you, $65.

although I don't really see how to sign up for it.

Kitten
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I'll be there for sure. Can't wait for another great day with Chicane!

racedk6
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
For you, $65.

although I don't really see how to sign up for it.

Mark you get your bike fixed?

Kitten
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Wish I could be there. I have to work that day.

Have fun

:)

Work is so over rated...:D

Aracheon
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I'm requesting that Friday off. :)

bodhizafa
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Probably can't get that day off, but I'm gonna try.

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I'll be there for sure. Can't wait for another great day with Chicane!

You should come down with us and camp :up:

Kitten
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know if I can...When are you guys leaving to go down to camp?

rforsythe
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I'm requesting that Friday off. :)

I'm not even requesting, I'm just not going to show up. :D

Kitten
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:12 PM

I like the way you think.

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Sounds like somewhere between 5-6pm the day before is the magic time.

Aracheon
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM

:lol: :lol:

Kitten
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Sounds like somewhere between 5-6pm the day before is the magic time.

I might be able to swing that.

rybo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
More details:

1/2 day price is on site only: Show up. If you want to ride the morning session pay full price for the day and if you leave at lunch I'll give you some of your money back. If you want to ride the afternoon session show up at lunch time and we'll get you on the track in the afternoon!

Advanced instruction will be available on this day through Vanmar Racing with Mark Schellinger. Please see the registration page for more info about these very special 1/2 day sessions of private instruction and video analysis.

Camping: Camping is for Friday night into Saturday if you want to stay for the race weekend. There is no additional charge for camping on Friday night.

Sessions: Jon got it right above. If we see more than 70 riders I will break it down further to assure that groups are properly separated. If under 70 show up we will leave it at 2 sessions per hour.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

nattynoo
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:34 PM

I work until 5:30, so we will leave right after that...about 6pm...that is if we can get all our shit together on time :lol:

JPrider
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Damn, decisions, decisions! HPR (Open Lapping Day) 22 Jun or PMP 26 Jun. Of course I rather do Chicane track days. Willl need to check and see which day they will give me off.

Player 2
Thu Jun 18th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I wish I could do both next week but I'm liking the thought of camping @ the lake in Pueblo and riding the next day w/Chicane!

HPR is so much fun though...

Tipys
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I hate you all.

I am a maybe

mbohn
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Mark you get your bike fixed?Yessir!

Sean
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Damn, decisions, decisions! HPR (Open Lapping Day) 22 Jun or PMP 26 Jun.
Let me help you. :twisted:

1. It's cheaper. :up:
2. A ton of fun people to hang out with, ride with and pit with. :up:
3. Organization. Riders meeting, tech inspection and not a free for all. With everybody on the same page, it's a lot safer. :up:

I like HPR too, but I like structured track days even better. :hump:

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
You comin out Sean?

Sean
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
You comin out Sean?
It doesn't look good right now...but I'm working on it. I'm taking off two days the following week to go out to R2SL....but I'm trying.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Come to Bike Night at Bostons Pizza on Wednesday June 24th for the chance to win a free track day at this event courtesy of Chicane Track Days.

http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32802

rybo
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Schedule for the day:

6:00 Gate Opens
6:30 Registration and Tech Open
7:30 All Rider Meeting
8:00 Track Hot - Advanced
8:30 Beginner / Intermediate
Continues until lunch at 11:00
11:40 - All Rider Meeting
12:00 Track Hot Advanced
12:30 Beginner / Intermediate
continues till track cold at 4:00

4:00 Track Cold

From there the Friday Night Drag crew will be setting up.

MRA members who wish to camp the night at the track are welcome to do so.

racedk6
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Schedule for the day:

6:00 Gate Opens
6:30 Registration and Tech Open
7:30 All Rider Meeting
8:00 Track Hot - Advanced
8:30 Beginner / Intermediate
Continues until lunch at 11:00
11:40 - All Rider Meeting
12:00 Track Hot Advanced
12:30 Beginner / Intermediate
continues till track cold at 4:00

4:00 Track Cold

From there the Friday Night Drag crew will be setting up.

MRA members who wish to camp the night at the track are welcome to do so.

Glad you posted that I thought lunch was at noon!:drink:

Player 2
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM
1 or 2 Never Ever spots still left surprisingly. I doubt they'll last thru the weekend so if you're on the fence about coming to your first trackday, I'd get on it now ;) :up:

Sean
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Doesn't look like I can make it! :cry:
Have fun and be safe!!!!

Player 2
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:10 AM
Doesn't look like I can make it! :cry:
Have fun and be safe!!!!
weak sauce

Sean
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:28 AM
weak sauce
Bite me. I had to take to many days off to volunteer for R2SL.

drago52
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
I think I can get the Friday off, but I've got a few questions about this before I pull the trigger. I've been to IMI several times, but have never been to another track. Should I try to get in the "Never, ever" group? If so, what time should I show up for this group? I feel like I take good lines on the track and am comfortable in a group, so maybe I should just be in the beginner/intermediate group.

Also, IMI doesn't require much in terms of rider gear or bike preparation, but if I'm going to this track, are there specific things I need to change on my bike?

I've got a full two-piece (zipped together) leather suit, leather/plastic boots, shorty leather gloves and longer wrist protected leather gloves, helmet, and have a spine protector in the mail that should arrive on Thursday. Is that equipment list adequate?

My motorcycle is a well maintained 2002 Honda VFR 800 with pretty new tires (Mich. Pilot Road 2s w +/- 2,000 miles) and sliders.

rybo
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
Ryan,

You should take a class with one of my instructors, and if there is a never ever spot available you should grab it. It's the cheapest way to get on the track!

Your equipment is totally suitable, here is the list of personal items and bike prep info from my website.

You can find more info at www.chicanetrackdays.com/how.html

Bike Requirements:

Chicane Trackdays does a light technical inspection of EVERY bike that goes out on the track. This includes our instructors and employees bikes as well as every participant bike. We do this because even the most skilled mechanic can miss something that could become a safety hazard. Here are the main points our inspector will be looking for:

The bike should be of sporting design - Cruisers / Large Touring bikes really aren't suited to the types of events we run.

Bike should be in good mechanical condition - no leaks (including fork seals) and put together in a workman like fashion

All coolant is to be drained and replaced with straight water or water with water wetter

Tires should have at least 50% tread remaining

Brake pads should have at least 50% lining remaining

All lights disconnected and taped over

Mirrors removed (advanced group) or folded back and taped over (beginner / intermediate groups)

Attire Requirements:

Full coverage riding gear is required:

Textile 2 PC suits that zip together all the way around at the waist will be permitted in the beginner group only.

Intermediate and advanced groups require all leather one or two piece suits that zip together all the way around

All riders are required to wear a back protector

A full face helmet made in the last 5 years

Motorcycle specific boots that extend above the ankles

Motorcycle specific gloves that have hard (plastic or fiber) armor over the knuckles and extend beyond the wrist.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think I can get the Friday off, but I've got a few questions about this before I pull the trigger. I've been to IMI several times, but have never been to another track. Should I try to get in the "Never, ever" group? If so, what time should I show up for this group? I feel like I take good lines on the track and am comfortable in a group, so maybe I should just be in the beginner/intermediate group.

Also, IMI doesn't require much in terms of rider gear or bike preparation, but if I'm going to this track, are there specific things I need to change on my bike?

I've got a full two-piece (zipped together) leather suit, leather/plastic boots, shorty leather gloves and longer wrist protected leather gloves, helmet, and have a spine protector in the mail that should arrive on Thursday. Is that equipment list adequate?

My motorcycle is a well maintained 2002 Honda VFR 800 with pretty new tires (Mich. Pilot Road 2s w +/- 2,000 miles) and sliders.

you're gear is okay except you will need to use the gloves that go over your wrists. you will need to disconnect and tape off your lights and turn signals. use blue painter tape for this. you will need to remove your mirrors. you will need to drain the antifreeze out of your radiator and flush it then relace with distilled water.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
damn, scott ninja'd me!

motolitho
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
BTW, the bike prep and Tech Inspection are not just for you and your bike. It's for the riders who don't want to have a "moment" in your oil/coolant/broken glass/stray nut or bolt on the track. Avoid being "that guy" and take the time go through EVERYTHING before showing up to ride.

racedk6
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
BTW, the bike prep and Tech Inspection are not just for you and your bike. It's for the riders who don't want to have a "moment" in your oil/coolant/broken glass/stray nut or bolt on the track. Avoid being "that guy" and take the time go through EVERYTHING before showing up to ride.

Exactly, so I encourage everybody that attends these trackdays to let the guy doing tech know of anybody they see that has not been through it.

drago52
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM

If I wanted to be "that guy", I wouldn't have asked the question.

eklew
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Exactly, so I encourage everybody that attends these trackdays to let the guy doing tech know of anybody they see that has not been through it.

Thanks Grubby!!!!!:)

rforsythe
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM

Unfortunately "that guy" has shown up to ride a few times and made a mess of things, so folks try to make sure everyone knows what to expect. Thanks for thinking about it ahead of time! I'm sure you will enjoy your day on Friday.

drago52
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately "that guy" has shown up to ride a few times and made a mess of things, so folks try to make sure everyone knows what to expect. Thanks for thinking about it ahead of time! I'm sure you will enjoy your day on Friday.

yep, I totally understand. I just figure "that guy" who shows up late with only jeans and a t-shirt and gets all huffy and puffy with the inspectors for not letting him on the track probably isn't taking the time to do the research and talk to the appropriate parties. "That guy" may always show up, but it definitely won't be me this Friday. :) Can't wait to get out there.

rybo
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:33 PM
yep, I totally understand. I just figure "that guy" who shows up late with only jeans and a t-shirt and gets all huffy and puffy with the inspectors for not letting him on the track probably isn't taking the time to do the research and talk to the appropriate parties. "That guy" may always show up, but it definitely won't be me this Friday. :) Can't wait to get out there.

Thank you for understanding! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Scott

Tipys
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Wait your saying I can't ride my Gixxer on the track if I show up in shorts, flip flops, and backwards cap on? Thats just plain absurd.

cdbouncer
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
bah...registration starts at 6:30??? :cry: somebody should bring me extra coffee!!!!!

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM
bah...registration starts at 6:30??? :cry: somebody should bring me extra coffee!!!!!

just show up naked I am sure that will wake you up.

cdbouncer
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
:shocked:

eklew
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:30 AM
:shocked:

Yeah, that was just weird. TECH opens at 6:30 as well!!!!!!!:alien:

lovinCO
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Glad you posted that I thought lunch was at noon!:drink:

Steve are you going all day? We're probably going to ride the afternoon sessions since we can't seem to get to the track before 10am anyway. :)

VOID
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM
That might just wake everyone up...

racedk6
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Steve are you going all day? We're probably going to ride the afternoon sessions since we can't seem to get to the track before 10am anyway. :)

LOL Im just like you guys, I always plan on riding the full day but typically show up one session before lunch. So this time I decided to just get there at lunch!

motolitho
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Dude, I am sorry if I had offended you. It took me at least 20 hours to get my bike ready for the track (mainly because I also mounted some race bodywork as well), only to show up to the track day and see some guys get away with some things (HPR on a non-Chicane day). I am new to this whole thing as well- and am SUPER paranoid of other riders mechanical skill in addition to their riding skills. :shocked:

JPrider
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I was planning on going for half day, but just found out that I'm missing motor mount bolt. Was told not even try and ride on track. Damn it!:banghead::banghead:

Let me help you. :twisted:

1. It's cheaper. :up:
2. A ton of fun people to hang out with, ride with and pit with. :up:
3. Organization. Riders meeting, tech inspection and not a free for all. With everybody on the same page, it's a lot safer. :up:

I like HPR too, but I like structured track days even better. :hump:

Autom8ed
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I'd like to try a Chicane track day if I can find a trailer in time. Can anyone recommend a local place that sells trailers for cheap.. used also works. Thanks.

rforsythe
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I was planning on going for half day, but just found out that I'm missing motor mount bolt. Was told not even try and ride on track. Damn it!:banghead::banghead:

Can't get a new bolt?

JPrider
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I had to special order the bolt. Checked various bolts at home depot and they wouldn't fit, therefore I had to special order the bolt.

Can't get a new bolt?

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I'd like to try a Chicane track day if I can find a trailer in time. Can anyone recommend a local place that sells trailers for cheap.. used also works. Thanks.

Use a Uhaul for now? Or find someone with an open spot.

rybo
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I had to special order the bolt. Checked various bolts at home depot and they wouldn't fit, therefore I had to special order the bolt.

JP - Call my friends at Fastenal and see if they can get the bolt for you.

P: (303)666-1049

Ask for Jo (female) or dan and let them know I sent you.

JPrider
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I will call first thing tomorrow morning...thanks Scott!:up:

JP - Call my friends at Fastenal and see if they can get the bolt for you.

P: (303)666-1049

Ask for Jo (female) or dan and let them know I sent you.

Player 2
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Man it's gonna be a great day!!!! We're heading down tomorrow evening to camp at the State Park if anyone wants to come join us... :up: :cheers:

See everyone bright and early...

rforsythe
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Also, HD is usually not a good source for bike-ish bolts, especially anything Japanese or Italian (which just defined about 99.8% of the bikes on the track). Try Rybo's place, also see if you can find it at an Ace Hardware; most of them have a very liberal section of obscure and weird bolts.

eklew
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
JP, you can also try AAA metric supply. They are off of Santa Fe and I-25 area. Bet they will have that bolt. You better go on Friday fool!!!!!

rybo
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Just so everyone knows, we will be running the FULL course at Pueblo on Friday

<------(thinks he's funny)

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
^^^^But I like using Jeff's shortcut from 2 to 7

*KEN*
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Actually, I did think that was funny!

rforsythe
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
^^^^But I like using Jeff's shortcut from 2 to 7

BTW anyone I catch using that shortcut for anything but a bonafide mechanical emergency gets to push my truck around the track for a lap in their boxers. It's gonna be 96 degrees. I'll let you guys sort that out.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:27 PM
^^ Will you provide wet-naps for sweaty balls?

rforsythe
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:27 PM
No, but Tipys will cuddle with you after.

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
No, but Tipys will cuddle with you after.

Aw damn sounds like fun. Too bad I will be stuck at work all day friday.

Zach929rr
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Heyyyyy..... I'm always down for a cuddle with down syndrome.

Bueller
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Just so everyone knows, we will be running the FULL course at Pueblo on Friday

<------(thinks he's funny)

There can be only one!

http://journeyamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/napoleon.jpg

jgixxer1
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
What is the screen name to the tire guy that is there on trackdays? I need to PM him.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
What is the screen name to the tire guy that is there on trackdays? I need to PM him.

Vanmar doesnt frequent this forum very often. You can call them at 303-322-3221

Matrix
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Weather looks good tomorrow! Which is promising since it blows right now here in Denver. Loading in the rain sucks. :down:

Kitten
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Weather looks good tomorrow! Which is promising since it blows right now here in Denver. Loading in the rain sucks. :down:

Just got done myself! It sucked, but well worth it! See ya in the morning.

Player 2
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 05:19 AM
See you suckas in an hour!!!

drago52
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I didn't get my spine protector in time for the track day today. stuck at the office now. booo...

Desmodromico
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
You should have headed down, I could almost guarantee Scott or someone would have had one you could use.

I am stuck in office as well, but race tomorrow! :up:

Sean
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I didn't get my spine protector in time for the track day today. stuck at the office now. booo...Or posted up. I'm in Boulder and could have met you last night to borrow mine. :banghead:

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
That was an awesome day, minus the afternoon gustiness.

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I.... don't think I could "blow you".

Tipys
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Blow me. Kidding. Glad you guys had an awesome day. I wanna gooooo soooooo baaaaddddd:cry:

I wanted to go so bad too. But work and pending my donation to Fremont Country.

rybo
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Thank you to everyone who made it out to ride today. We had an exceptional day at Pueblo with only some minor weather glitches. Best of all I didn't need to take the "recovery vehicle" out at all today.

Seeing people on the track, having fun is one of the greatest rewards for me.

If you haven't joined us for a trackday yet, you should. You will meet an exceptional group of people dedicated to safe, fun, exciting trackdays.

Thanks to all who came today! I had a bunch of fun. (and even got to ride a couple of laps!)

s

Matrix
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:34 PM
:up:

Aracheon
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
:yes:

Zach929rr
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Loved the headlight covers Chris. :lol:

Aracheon
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Loved the headlight covers Chris. :lol:

What headlight covers? I put a couple cans of Go Fast into the gas tank, and that's what happened. :D

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs113.snc1/4832_95885439729_506744729_1847248_8357486_n.jpg

Sean
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
:pointlaugh:

nattynoo
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Great day Scott, thanks for putting this together! Had a blast :D

Kitten
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Super day! Chicane put on a great track day. Couldn't ask for anything better. Well organized, safe, good people and tons of fun!

Scer
Sat Jun 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I agree. Except for the port-a-potty almost making a not so nice spill by the entrance cause it was so windy, it was a fun time. Got to see a 19 second car make a pass on the drag strip too. Man, I wish my bike was that fast.

drag on draggas

Dysco
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I agree. Except for the port-a-potty almost making a not so nice spill by the entrance cause it was so windy, it was a fun time. Got to see a 19 second car make a pass on the drag strip too. Man, I wish my bike was that fast.

drag on draggas

19? Dang, I don't think I've ever been that fast...

Missed ya- I was chillin' on T1.

Scer
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I saw you walk by during your lunch but I was too far from you to yell like a groupie. I threw something at you but baseball was never a strong sport for me. Next time... you conerworking next track day?

throw on throwas

Redflash3
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Great time and great event Scott.....as always I had a blast. Keep doin what cha doin and I look forward to your next Chicane Trackday. Thank you to all the volunteers and cornerworks.

Hi11Zone
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Awsome time good job to everyone who raced. I had a blast corner workin even after cleaning up a few wrecks.. and dealing with the extreeme heat@!

SaShWhO
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Zach929rr
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 01:34 PM
LOL @ Honey.

SaShWhO
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
LOL @ Honey.

she's gonna kill me for posting that one so it was nice knowing y'all.

rforsythe
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM

:lol: Awesome...

She seems so nice too.

nattynoo
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM

No shit. Good luck man.

SaShWhO
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I posted a few rider pics in the pic forum for those interested.

jgixxer1
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 07:35 AM
A little off topic, but still has to do with trackdays.

I wish PMI would take some of those small bleachers on the North end of the drag strip and put them behind the fence on the straight between T7 and T8. It would make MRA, racecars, and trackdays more of a spectator sport. Theres's like 7 sets of those little bleachers and nobody sits in them. So I don't think it would be too much to ask to have 2 or 3 of them moved over there.

I did the 5280supermoto Round5 at PMI and we pitted on the straight between T7 and T8. You could see the whole race from there.

hcr25
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM

I wish PMI would take some of those small bleachers on the North end of the drag strip and put them behind the fence on the straight between T7 and T8. It would make MRA, racecars, and trackdays more of a spectator sport. Theres's like 7 sets of those little bleachers and nobody sits in them. So I don't think it would be too much to ask to have 2 or 3 of them moved over there.

I did the 5280supermoto Round5 at PMI and we pitted on the straight between T7 and T8. You could see the whole race from there.

In the past it has been almost impossible to get PMI to do anything to make the track better. Not because of the people working there on a daily basis but more on the city/ management or the lack of.
Heck Glenn Conser and I patched the hole in turn 5 on Friday night. We had asked several times when would it be fixed and it never was.

peteremsley
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 08:37 AM
... Heck Glenn Conser and I patched the hole in turn 5 on Friday night...

:applause:
And what a difference!
Thanks.

jgixxer1
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:08 AM

In the past it has been almost impossible to get PMI to do anything to make the track better. Not because of the people working there on a daily basis but more on the city/ management or the lack of.
Heck Glenn Conser and I patched the hole in turn 5 on Friday night. We had asked several times when would it be fixed and it never was.

Maybe we need to move the bleachers ourselves to then?...:dunno:

jgixxer1
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
That patched hole in T5 did make a huge difference. My CR5 didn't like hitting it. I'd get severe headshake when I did hit it.

honey
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Have you said your prayers yet?

rforsythe
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:56 AM
:spit: :lol:

Damn Sascha. Run!

Dysco
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
you conerworking next track day?
Depends on school. My ass belongs to CU for the next 2 years. :banghead:

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Depends on school. My ass belongs to CU for the next 2 years. :banghead:

Feel lucky. Mine belongs to them for the next eight -- then I retire :D GO BUFFS!