PDA

View Full Version : Dark Red Unmarked Taurus/Mercury Popping Speeders on 470W of 25

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I've seen him/her out there a couple times & today they pulled someone over two cars ahead of me. It's either a Ford Taurus or a Lincoln Mercury. It's maroon in color and I've seen it usually between I-25 and University exits on C-470 Westbound, often between the Quebec & Colorado overpasses. They've got a spotlight on the front left of the car. Ride safe out there, especially if you take the 25 S to 470 W sweeper at any kind of a fun speed!

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 07:30 AM
He also hangs out on I-25 right past the Lincoln Exit. Been one of his customers...hehe but got off with a warning.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Carrie, your avatar...it's priceless! :lol:

SaShWhO
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
He also hangs out on I-25 right past the Lincoln Exit. Been one of his customers...hehe but got off with a warning.

so he "got off" in other words.

Devaclis
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
he also hangs out at gay bars, cock fights, childrens recitals, and the planned parenthood looking for chicks. He is indeed, an asshole.

GregsGSXR
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:37 PM
There's 2 of them... it will either be that one or the silver one.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
he also hangs out at gay bars, cock fights, childrens recitals, and the planned parenthood looking for chicks. He is indeed, an asshole.

So Dana you're basically telling us that you're also hanging out at those places?

Riverdog
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Were coming up on the back end of the month, so it now time for them to step it up to make that quota. They were heavy this morning on C-470 westbound between Qubec and University. There were two cruisers running cars down when I went by. I will be taking it easy going home. Not that I will be going anywhere in a hurry given the traffic.
Take it easy

I've seen him/her out there a couple times & today they pulled someone over two cars ahead of me. It's either a Ford Taurus or a Lincoln Mercury. It's maroon in color and I've seen it usually between I-25 and University exits on C-470 Westbound, often between the Quebec & Colorado overpasses. They've got a spotlight on the front left of the car. Ride safe out there, especially if you take the 25 S to 470 W sweeper at any kind of a fun speed!

Troy.N
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
fucking leo's.

tcullenm3
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Midget Hellion
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:58 AM

What times?

Midget Hellion
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM

Was it a city, county or state? Were you on the bike?

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
I've seen him out there between 6:30 & 8AM

Sully
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Did anyone else happen to notice the cop on the yellow/orange Kawi sportbike at the off ramp at C470 and Morrison this weekend ? He was parked behind the utility box on the southeast corner... wearing zero gear but I did see him pull over another guy on a bike.. :think: :wtf:

BHeth
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Cops should be required to wear full leathers and a full face at all times. They should be setting the example for young riders. And sweating their asses off while they camp out on the side of the highway.

mforza
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Just to add more. I noticed that they using also unmarked silver Nisan (Altima?). So watch out:)

sugarrey
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
absolutely no gear huh....thats bullshit. I wouldn't of even pulled over unless he had lights on it. Otherwise I would've guess it was just another squid trying to race.

Did he have lights?

Midget Hellion
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Cops should be required to wear full leathers and a full face at all times. They should be setting the example for young riders. And sweating their asses off while they camp out on the side of the highway.

I'm thinking that a cop in full gear would definitely prevent them from doing their job. It was also pose a much larger risk than not wearing gear. It would be pretty hard to defend yourself against someone with a gun if you were in a full face helmet and had gloves on. Not to mention trying to wear your gun belt, badge, etc on top of leathers. I don't think it would be very practical.

Valguard
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Since this is on the topic of police around the area, how do cops treat lane splitting? (I'm new to CO) Like, those silly lights you guys have on the ramps to I-25, when they get backed up does anyone just jet to the front? Do cops give you grief for that?

Wintermute
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
No lane splitting.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=CO

MetaLord 9
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, it's illegal everywhere except for california.

Midget Hellion
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Since this is on the topic of police around the area, how do cops treat lane splitting? (I'm new to CO) Like, those silly lights you guys have on the ramps to I-25, when they get backed up does anyone just jet to the front? Do cops give you grief for that?

I would not recommend jumping to the front, it is not legal and I am sure it would cause someone to road rage. You can ,however, use the HOV lanes and ramps when you are on your bike...

InlineSIX24
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
.. It's either a Ford Taurus or a Lincoln Mercury ..

Could it have been a Impala and what county would that be? Still Douglas? My neighbor was just given a maroon Impala a bit ago, but he is usually pretty cool to riders since he is one.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I've found a lot of police officers that are bikers do tend to be a little more understanding when it comes to pulling over bikers.

I dunno about the county, but I'm wondering how much of 470 is in their jurisdiction since I rarely see them past the Colorado overpass or University

Midget Hellion
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I know that C-470 is covered by Douglas, Lone Tree and State. Both Lone Tree and State have a red and a silver that cruise that area.