PDA

View Full Version : Things that bring you Happiness/joy/good feelings

buzzardman36
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
There's a lot of negative threads out there so I thought I would throw this out.

For me, I get very happy when my 11yr old son calls me 3 hrs ahead of his regularly scheduled phone call Just to tell me he loves me and misses me while he is gone for the summer visiting his mother (a.k.a. the devil ).

It always suprises me as to how sensitive and compasionate he is for an 11 yr old boy.

Sorry about this,,,, I'm still emotional from the Pixar thread.:)

sugarrey
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
What makes me happy is having a job that I love. It seems as though (big time for me) if I have a job I really enjoy and am making good money that my life is just so awesome. Alot of people aren't like that, but it really is a life changing thing for me...Unfortunately I havent had a job like this in about 10 years....

Good thread topic.... +1

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Things that make me happy: contributing to negative threads and scrutinizing poor judgement by people in the real world using scarcasm and wit on the internet. And big words. I like using big words. :D

JOKING OF COURSE!
(although I do like using big words...it's a compensation thing, leavemealone! )

Things that make me happy, joyful, etc.: Interacting with all you fools. Srsly & for vurrry relz yo. You kids are some of the best people on the planet (see Mike's thread if you don't believe me! ) and y'all make me feel very blessed to have you guys as friends & support. Wouldn't be nearly as happy in life if I hadn't found the CSC, so flame on if ya will, but here's to ya mang! :cheers:

64BonnieLass
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Kind people, who give of themselves, just because they want to. :)

And dogs. Lots and lots and lots of dogs. :)

Mister BOYD
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
What makes me happy is having a job that I love. It seems as though (big time for me) if I have a job I really enjoy and am making good money that my life is just so awesome. Alot of people aren't like that, but it really is a life changing thing for me...Unfortunately I havent had a job like this in about 10 years....

Good thread topic.... +1

+1.
- A good job that I love (without the stress of mass layoffs)
- My two boxer dogs. The best friends I'll ever have
- Riding, when my bike isn't leaving me stranded for a couple of hours
- Successful dating/relationships. Dating is a joke for the most part.
- A beer after a hard day or at the end of down times with my closest friends.
- Monster Energy Drink. Addicted.. absolutely.
- Going to the Movies.
- Camping, hiking, jeeping.
:up:

dirkterrell
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Getting emails like this that distract me from the management and IT crap I increasingly have to deal with:

Hi Dirk,

Sorry to bother you, but I could use some advice. I have what I think is a fair solution for VZ Cep, but a lot of things do not fit with other data.

VZ Cep: EA, period 1.183 d, Sp. Typ: G0 (Cannon, 1934) and F2-5 (Lacy 1992, 1996)

My best solution (#558 ) is with T1 = 5940 K (G0 on the MS) -- but the system could be evolved, with the evolutionary track for a 1.4 Mo star almost horizontal at the MS. T2 then = 5104 K (K0 on MS). Lacy doesn't think that the secondary could be as late as G0, so I suppose that this solution is not valid. The luminosity ratio (0.3318, based on the Mbol) agrees nicely with the ratio of the broadening function humps in V-space, though.

If I then go to model #221, with T1 = 6881 K (F3 on the MS), I get T2 = 5766 K (G2-3 -- better), with marginally poorer fit. HOWEVER, the luminosities are still screwy: From WD, Lum 1 = 4.33 (3.81 on the MS) and Lum 2 = 1.42 (0.93-1.06 on the MS). Perhaps the secondary is evolved, since the evolutionary track for a 1 Mo star goes straight up. (I am assuming solar abundance, Z = 0.030.) BTW, the luminosity ratio is still OK at 0.3281 (within error bars).

But if star 2 is evolved, perhaps T1 should be a bit lower, for the reasons mentioned above?

BTW, I am using convective envelopes with LD = 2. Radiative gives a poorer fit, whereas, there is little to choose between LD=2 and LD=3.

Am I on the right track (no pun intended)?

I can send you the .dci file if you like.

Maybe solution #221 is not so bad after all.

Bob

I am happiest when I am doing science during the day. Love, riding, relaxing, playing with the dogs and cat, surprising people I care about with things they want or need but can't get themselves. Those are the things that make me happy.

Dirk

UglykidJoe
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I am happiest when....
1. I am spending time with my wife, she is my best friend.
2. Playing video games with my kids
3. Riding the Motorcycle
4. Photography
5. Looking at Dana's friday picture funnies
6. I am messing with the dogs, I have 4 and I can get them all hyped up, it's pretty funny.

Devaclis
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
My Pie

~Barn~
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm happiest when my family is content. In a nutshell, that's about it.

dapper
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Receiving a nice blow job. (She is unable to speak with a penis in her mouth!) :D

Waking up without someone bitching.

When I cherish people fully.

Unconditional moments.

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Receiving a nice blow job. (She is unable to speak with a penis in her mouth!) :D

Waking up without someone bitching.

When I cherish people fully.

Unconditional moments.
When you put it that way, I'm amazed that one & two have ever lead to three & four on your list... :shocked:

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Things that bring you Happiness...
a warm gun. (bang bang shoot shoot)

Sorry, couldn't resist a perfectly good Beatles setup!

dapper
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:29 PM
When you put it that way, I'm amazed that one & two have ever lead to three & four on your list... :shocked:
There is not any order to the list or a list. That would be conditional...duh :)

I do appreciate your lazer-like approach toward what you do.

:)

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I do appreciate your lazer-like approach toward what you do.

:)
You mean waste my day being a professional asshole on the internet? :D

rforsythe
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
These days, stuff like this...

Shea
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Makes me happy every time...

Shea
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
My amazing friends
The smell of rain
Seeing the sunrise/sunset when I am out in nature
The little bunny that greets me practically every morning when I leave for work or evening when I come home.
Dragging a knee
The smell of race gas
My niece's smile/laugh/general disposition
Unconditional love (of all types)
Great music
Getting dirty working on some sort of machine
Good food (especially if there are friends involved)
Great conversations
Laughter (unless it's Horseman's :))

...a few of my favorite things

Snowman
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
A Samoa between two Do-si-dos wrapped in an Oatmeal Cream Pie. :yumyum:

Coverd in bacon and deep fried, of course...

0BEER:30
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
All three of these dudes...........(one of them is the shiny 2 wheeler!)

MetaLord 9
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 02:45 PM
A Samoa between two Do-si-dos wrapped in an Oatmeal Cream Pie. :yumyum:

Coverd in bacon and deep fried, of course...
I mean this in the straightest way possible: Randall, you just gave me wood. :drool:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
A thought that a garbage truck could one day run over my wife!!!! :shocked:

mtnairlover
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Ok, so I'll say this now...I read the first post, but didn't read all the others.

What makes me happy?

For the past several months, I've been looking for a home to buy. I'm a single Mom with 3 kids. My oldest, my son, graduated last year. My middle child, my oldest daughter, graduated at the end of May. She's a baby as far as graduating seniors is concerned. She's still 17...but the way she's grown, responsibility-wise, emotionally, as a human...she makes me smile. And yeah, I'm a proud parent, so what I say about my kids is tainted by that...but then, when a stranger tells you how amazing your kids are, or their adult co-workers (both the oldest work at grocery stores) tell you what a joy they are to work with, then you know you've done something right. And my daughter made it to this point all during a very hectic time for me. As is tradition at her high school graduation, the seniors give their inspirations a gift to open during the graduation. The one she gave me was a verse she wrote to thank me for being there for her through all the struggles, along with some photos of her throughout her life...so watching my kids grow into the people they are now makes me that much more happy.

Oh and yeah...I've got one more...she's 11. Does she have big shoes to fill? Um maybe, but then again, her brother and sister helped to shape who she is today...omg, what have I done???...lol

Ok, so back to reading the rest of this thread.

Oh and happy early Papa's Day to all you amazing fathers.:)

buzzardman36
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 10:14 PM
That's fantastic. It's so scary to think what our kids are going to turn into. I've raised my son since he turned three and now he's 11. Just starting into the pre-teen stuff and working hard to keep his wana a be independent atitude in check. I think if I just keep doing this stuff, and stay in his life/activities and involved, hopefully he will turn out good. LOL

But congradulations on yours.:yay:

Troy.N
Fri Jun 19th, 2009, 10:49 PM
That's fantastic. It's so scary to think what our kids are going to turn into. I've raised my son since he turned three and now he's 11. Just starting into the pre-teen stuff and working hard to keep his wana a be independent atitude in check. I think if I just keep doing this stuff, and stay in his life/activities and involved, hopefully he will turn out good. LOL

But congradulations on yours.:yay:

:violin:

mtnairlover
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I think if I just keep doing this stuff, and stay in his life/activities and involved, hopefully he will turn out good. LOL

My thoughts...always play a part in your child's life. Even in divorce, parents can play a complete and positive role. Kids do notice that and even if they don't say it too much, they do appreciate it.