PDA

View Full Version : no headlights or nuetral light

metalninja
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
My headlights quit working yesterday and my nuetral light quit working today. I don't have 500 bucks to take it to a shop. I could pay something if someone who has knolledge about tis sort of thing can help me. 92 GSX-R600.:banghead:

willb003
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Did you try checking fuses that might be blown?

Zach929rr
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
^^^

metalninja
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
i checked the fuses for the hi beam and low beam. there is no power going to them. my rear lights only come on when i push my brake lever down. normally. the headlights and tail lights stay on when the bike is running. right. I am just not an electrician.

rybo
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I would start by replacing the suspect fuses anyways. Sometimes you can't tell if they are good or bad by looking at them. Replace them with the exact same size and type. If that fails then I would look at all the plugs in the system and make sure they were connected and in good condition. The best way i've found to do this is to start at one end and work your way to the other. In your case I would start at the headlights and trace the wires that go to them back through the harness, unplugging, inspecting and re connecting every plug you find along the way. You should eventually end up at the battery. Do the same with the tail light.

Finally, there may be something wrong with your ignition switch that is preventing the lights from coming on. Check the wires and plug at that location as well.

Best of luck. If you can't find it I do some work out of my garage. I'm not fast, but my work is good and pretty cheap.

S

willb003
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 02:04 PM
ummm, do you have a shop manual for it alot of times they have a section for troubleshooting, if not you could find one and download it in pdf format,

sugarrey
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have probably saved my $2000 just in the last month by have a service manual. dont buy or own a bike WITHOUT one.

metalninja
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Hey rybo. Iwould like to get ahold of you if possible. I have look at everything. Can we set up a time or something. I don't usually work on fridays, saturdays, or sunday's.

rybo
Sat Jun 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
PM Sent