PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads?

Vance
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Hey all,
Need some advice on what kind of brake pads I should get for my ride.
I've heard a lot of mumbling about EBC (?) or something like that as being far superior to OEM pads... so... if that is the case, what do I need to know about them, and more importantly, where can I find the best price on them??? (remember - I have a Triumph - so availability is an issue too).

I know Erico said they have pads, but if there is a less expensive source (after shipping and all) I'd love to know about since we all love to save as much money as we can when we do our repairs and maintenance.

yakuza
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure if the Tfog guys will stock the pads for your Triumph, but I believe they are the EBC trackside distributor for this area and should be able to order them. Plus they are some great all-around guys. :up:

TFOG Wheelsports
16010 W.5th Ave, Unit 10
Golden, CO 80401
Phone: 303-216-2400

BladeRider
Sat Jul 12th, 2003, 10:20 PM
I bet they have them. I contacted them last week with some questions and found out they stock a set for my Falco. :)

jeaven
Sun Jul 13th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Scott or Jim at TFOG (or Kate, Scott's assistant while he has a broken leg for the summer), If they don't have in stock, they can get they real quick... I haven't trusted anyone else except those guys so far for anything I don't do myself...

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 14th, 2003, 06:37 AM
I agree. Ive shopped around and done the homework on EBC. If TFOG can get them......buy them there!!!!

Got a chance to talk to Scott at SCR last week. Good guy and seems friendly to all. Im sure he will be glad to help.

MountainRC
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:18 PM
Hey Vance don't forget your favorite parts people, you know the one who got your stand for you. They have what you need.

Ripper
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:09 PM
When you do the pads, flush out the old fluid and replace it with Motul 5.1(brake fluid) That stuff is gold, it will almost feel like you put on S/S brake lines

dgoldan
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 05:41 PM
When you do the pads, flush out the old fluid and replace it with Motul 5.1(brake fluid) That stuff is gold, it will almost feel like you put on S/S brake lines

Who carries this? Is this a DOT 5, silicone fluid?

Dan

yakuza
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:15 PM
No, 5.1 isn't silicon based, but the 5 is. I think I had some Silcolene racing brake fluid that's 5.1, but it was super expensive.

Anonymous
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:55 PM
Here's a good writeup on the differences of brake fluid, etc.
http://www.belray.com/consumer/Q&A%20pages/q&abf.html

dgoldan
Wed Jul 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
Thanks Ralph. Good reference site.

Dan

Ripper
Wed Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:47 PM
You can get the Motul 5.1 @ performance cycle, or pretty much any bike shop, It 8 to 10 bucks a bottle, 1 bottle is more than enough to do the front and rear.