PDA

View Full Version : If things were different..

Mister BOYD
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 04:53 PM
.. what would you consider fair punishment for those who wrong others. Think of the thieves out there (hmm.. lots of bikes being stolen), the people who have intentionally used someone in a relationship/dating (causing them to become more screwed up in the head than before), Chronic Liars, Vandals, etcetera. Hanging a person at the gallows (other than racial hate) and stoning a person are good examples of societal punishments by death that were exercised in the past before giant industrial prisons came about. In India, I believe they still cut hands off. Seems it's too easy to hide behind laws these days. People don't seem to learn from their lessons via prison and are likely to go back when/if released.

kawasakirob
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
It's all about a G thang

mtnairlover
Mon Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
"If things were different..."

We live in the USA where there are laws for a reason...but, I'll dream with ya for just a bit...

First, I think it's part of Islam (not all believe this way, though) that they cut off the right hand. To go further, do you know why it's the right hand? It's because the left hand is meant only for wiping the ass. No one ever uses the left for anything else. So, if you don't have a right hand, not only are you a thief, but...

I like symbolism...it's kind of like Karma. Instead of physical/painful punishment for a lot of things...lying, betraying, treating people badly as in relationships...how about make them all spend the rest of their lives with their dastardly deed tattooed to their foreheads? It would warn off other people they might try to deal with, and if someone is dumb enough to want to deal with them, then whatever happens to the victim is their own damn fault...accept in the cases of people who cannot read, the blind and children. hmmm...I don't like the idea of these groups being left out. Maybe in these special cases the punishment could include time in the stocks in a public area, as well as the tattoo.