PDA

View Full Version : Installing new Undertail w/ integrated

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Long story short - Pueblo crash tore up the existing (at the time) undertail I had under there. I just got my replacement today, however the instructions are less than specific. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to finding exactly which wires are running lights, turn signals, brake lights, etc with the use of a multimeter (or any other acceptable method)?

Thanks in advance.

eg bter
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
http://pdftown.com/Honda-CBR929RR-Service-Manual.html

might help

sugarrey
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
If you want an extra hand, let me know Z.

Sean
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
You got the beer, I've got the hammer and duct tape! :up:

sugarrey
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
He's got the duct tape over there at his crib. I know, I used it last weekend!

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Wayne, I have the service manual. The electrical diagram in the back leaves a little to be desired for an wiring newbie. I went out and grabbed a connection light so that should be able to tell what is recieving power when. I should be able to piece everything together from there. I couldn't find the box-type 2pin quick disconnects (like those that came stock to the turn signals) ANYWHERE, so I decided I will try with an 8-bar junction box.

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Lesson learned: After 45 minutes of WTF!?, I discovered that the rear brake switch was stuck in the "on" position, most likely from the Pueblo crash.

Edit: That wasn't too bad at all. Had to resolder a few connections and repair the subharness wrap with a copious amount of e-tape. Need to get some heatshrink wrap for that at some point in time.

willb003
Tue Jun 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Who needs brake lights?