PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like your nekkid bike?

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM
So, I'm thinking about what kind of bike I would get if I were to get a liter bike. I still want a nekkid bike...a standard suits me just fine. I figure I'd talk about why I like my Z750 and why I don't like it and maybe those of you who have nekkid bikes can do the same so I can get an idea of a possible upgrade.

Here's why I like my 750:

enough power to pass on a steep grade (with ease...without freaking me out that I'll become an oncoming vehicle's hood ornament)
comfortable enough to ride 500+ miles in a day
good on gas mileage at ~48mpg
ease of maintenance -- I don't do everything on my bike, but I change the oil, flush coolant (for track days), remove and replace the minor plastics it has
it's a unique bike

Here's why I don't like my 750:

the inherent vibration loosens header bolts -- and because of the vibration, the minor cracked engine mount it sustained last Fall turned out to be major a couple of weeks ago
it's a unique bike

I'm thinking about saving up the $$$ to purchase a new/used bike like maybe next year. So, let me know what it is you like and don't like about your standard/nekkids.

asp_125
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
... if I were to get a liter bike. :pointlaugh:

Ahh that test ride has gotten under your skin. :D Ok to your questions, based off impressions from my old SV.

First the pros,
- comfortable ergos for the long ass rides you like to do
- easy access to the guts for maintenance
- not "another crotch rocket"
- no fairing wind noise
- semi usable mirrors

Cons,
- Wind blast
- fewer places to mount farkle or hide wiring
- exposed mechanical bits more prone to damage (though I think you'll have frame sliders pretty quickly)

Choices?
KZ-1000
Ducati Monsters (the larger displacement ones, M800, M900, S2R, S4R...)
MV Agusta Brutale (shyyeeeeeaaahhh you and me both)
Bandit 1200
FZ-1 (like Daniels)
ZRX-1200
Aprilia Shiver
others?

kawasakirob
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I loved my Superhawk. Sounded incredible and was a wheelie monster. You can find them extremely cheap 2500-3. The only negative I had about it was that it would only get 100 mi to the tank. Less in the city and only slightly more(130) on the highway if I took it really easy) No reserve. You cold find some Monster's I'm sure for pretty cheap. Naked bikes look awesome. Bandits, Z1000's ZRX1100/1200 are all fairly cheap. Older FZ1's, I would be interested to hear about what you are considering.

kawasakirob
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
TL1000S are also extremely cheap. And the Vtwin's always feels good between the legs.
You could get a VERY nice Superhawk 996 or TLS for 2500-3. Both are Twins. Both do not get great mileage, but the grin factor is worth it.

asp_125
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
But TLs and VTRs aren't really "standards", nice though they are.

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I've just begun my hunt, but here's what I have because of friends who have these:

SV1000
Z1000 - still has that inherent vibration, but I did a lil test ride on a friend's and liked it bunches. The test wasn't fast enough to feel the vibration, tho...so, it's still on the list
FZ1

So far.

Oh and the MV....shyeeaaah...riiiiight! Thanks for making me drool a lil, Jeff.

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:01 PM

I might consider the TL...it's just that I like the nekkid and I do like my standard...I could stray a lil with the right bike.

rforsythe
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Agreed that liter bike mileage isn't as good, but that isn't really the point. If you want 75mpg buy a Zuma. When I got my VStrom I was between the 650 and the 1000, and someone else put it best: The 650 will get you there, and has enough power. The 1000 just fucks off. My old superhawk was insane fun too.

I give much respect to SV650's and other <1000 bikes, but there is just some serious grin factor with them.

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I dunno about the other <1000 bikes. I know I like the power my 750 gives me and like I said, it hasn't failed me.

Other <1000 Euro naked bikes would include (and I'd have to give 'em all a test ride to throw them out, or make them contenders):

Aprilia Mana 850 (http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2009/aprilia/mana/05/index.html)
BMW F800R (http://www.thebikergene.com/naked-bikes/bmw-goes-fully-naked-with-2009-f800r/)

Welp, at least I have time to think this through and do some test rides.:)

Give me more info guys...

longrider
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM
One more to consider - Aprilia Tuono

Unlike the other standards it is a pure sportbike at heart, just no plastic or clip-ons. The only negative is price, '03s (the first year) are still getting 6 - 7k in good condition.

salsashark
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM
My Speedie and why I like it...

Pros:
1. Comfortable seating position
2. Enough power that you don't need to be riding all day at 6K on the tach
3. 3-cylinder engine... some of that v-twin grunt, some of that I-4 high end and smoothness
4. Unique - you just don't see them everywhere and I'm fine with that
5. Short WB - begs for hooliganism!

Cons:
1. As mentioned already, long rides will tire you out more w/o a windscreen. Takes a bit more stamina to log serious miles.
2. Lack of dealer support - there are 2 Triumph dealers in Denver & I'm not a fan of one of them so it really limits my options... Thank God for Supertune Motorsports
3. ummm.... ok... all I really have is 2. I love my speed triple.

It's not the fastest bike out there, it's not the most well behaved, but what it does is put a smile on my face every time I ride it and isn't that what really matters?

Humbucker
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Cathy,

I just bought an 08 GSXR 750. I have to sell my 2003 Silver SV 1000S. :(
Just in case you want to get a look at it? This bike is a great all rounder 90 degree twin.Just over 16K.Valves checked and new Pirellis Stradas and a few extras, no mods.

dirkterrell
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I've always liked the looks of the 1984 1000 Interceptor. Semi-naked so it showed off the V4 engine nicely. Very comfortable and 1000cc of smooth V4 torque is something you just have to experience to appreciate. Honda is clearly undertaking a resurgence of the V4 powerplant so maybe we'll see a modern version of this.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/cal/hondanut/pic1.jpg

http://pickbbs.com/vf1000f.jpg

Dirk

1badb0y
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I had a nekkid SV650 for 4 years and now have a nekkid SV1000. The 650 wins for pure fun. At 375 lbs dry, you can toss it around like a dirt bike but still run serious pavement speeds in corners. It did lack top end, though, and was not much fun on the highway (80+ mph).
The 1000 has greater power, great in corners and fine on the highway but the additional 40 lbs takes away from the pure fun factor.
Wind on the standards is a nuisance.
One thing no one has mentioned is ease of serviceability on the nekkids. Everything is accessible without removing any plastic to get to it.

Tipys
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM
All I can add is riding Nakkid FTW

Captain Obvious
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
TLS is naked.
Bandit 1200s
Z1000
Tuono

Drift
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I dunno about the other <1000 bikes. I know I like the power my 750 gives me and like I said, it hasn't failed me.

Other <1000 Euro naked bikes would include (and I'd have to give 'em all a test ride to throw them out, or make them contenders):

Aprilia Mana 850 (http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2009/aprilia/mana/05/index.html)
BMW F800R (http://www.thebikergene.com/naked-bikes/bmw-goes-fully-naked-with-2009-f800r/)

Welp, at least I have time to think this through and do some test rides.:)

Give me more info guys...

Looking just at those two...I would buy the BMW F800R

mtnairlover
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I'll add this to my 750:

I'm not afraid to throw around a bike. Been doing that to the 750 and it weighs in at a hefty 425#s dry. Great on the highway and twisting canyons. I maintained average speeds between 85 and 95mph on a trip to Durango and back over a weekend in the summer of '07 with a bunch of other nut-balls. Oh and wind? Yeah, um...did I mention my bike is also (semi) nekkid right now? Stamina? Try me:hump: (sorry, lack of some things makes me a tad nutty)

As for the other comments:

Tuono? :drool:

Humbucker? If you still have that SV in a year...I may test ride it. I'm not ready yet. I've got to move and get settled and deal with the aftermath of moving as well. But, talking about this now, helps me to get focused on saving.

I love the fact that my 750 does not have a whole lotta plastics.

The Speed Triple is another on my list. I was curious about the shop thing...that's a bit disheartening. But, the triple is a good bike.

Drift
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 08:32 PM
If you wanted to go Italian...I would look at the Aprilia Shiver 750 GT...

FZRguy
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Speed Triple with the optional fly screen gets my vote. You can test ride one at Foothills.

Matty
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Speed Triple with the optional fly screen gets my vote. You can test ride one at Foothills.
:imwithstupid:

asp_125
Wed Jun 24th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Oh yeah.. Speed Triple and Tuono.

... more:
Triumph Tiger
Triumph Bonneville Thruxton
Ducati GT1000 or the 1000S if you prefer modern day cafe racer.

daemon
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:39 AM
poor poor cathy.
i knew what would happen when she took off.

the vibes are less on the 2nd gen Z1000's BTW. if you can find one.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Kawaskai_Z1000_action_4.jpg

daemon
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:41 AM
also ...... i like mine for it's torque,flickability and sexiness.....

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 07:40 AM
poor poor cathy.
i knew what would happen when she took off.

the vibes are less on the 2nd gen Z1000's BTW. if you can find one.

lol...yeah, now that would be the thing, huh? Well, like I said, I've got some time to decide and to save up.

King Nothing
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Naked bikes suxorz!

Matty
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
or.... you could do what i did. Get a GSXR 1ooo and turn it into a nekkid bike.

Bueller
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:56 AM
cause it's cute

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
cause it's cute

:lol:

Yeah, and you know I would totally go for it if it were cute (said in my most valliest of Valley Girls voice).

Devaclis
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Duh, because it's nekkid.

whodis
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
after having 3 gsxr's, i just bought a 2003 sv1000 and love it. riding is much more comfortable and the torque is awesome, plus it sounds pretty good stock. looking to upgrade pipes though.

drevinci
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
You know, I'm not a fan of Ducati's but they seem to look really nice when they are naked.

asp_125
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM
... and if you win the lottery...

Ducati Streetfighter.

TheStig
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I heart my speed triple! I have only ridden nakeds so I dont know any better. I just dont think I could deal with the supersport position around town, plus Im not racing anyone haha. I think the newer gen z1000 are cool as well (minus the stupid exhaust).

MTLHD
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I love my 2nd gen Z1K!!! Like Daemon said, it's sexy, has great tourque, is comfortable and it's not a "me too" bike (which you already know from having the Z750). They refined the 2nd gen from the 1st gen by reducing the vibration (different engine mounting positions), gave it better brakes, and tweeked the engine a bit for more low-mid range power. You could always import the 2009 Z1K with the two-tone paint. :hump:

The only real complaint I have about it is that you can't go to a motorcycle shop and expect to have parts/accessories for it on the shelf. There is a bit of wind that you have to deal with because the lack of a windscreen....but that is expected with some nekkid bikes. As said before, as long as it puts a smile on your face I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bikes already listed.

chanke4252
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I like nakeds because not everyone has one and it's harder to peg someone riding one as any particular type of rider usually. Plus, you don't have all of the fairings to fix if in the unfortunate event that you go down, and things are all very easy to get to that might be covered on a fully faired bike. Plus, I just think they look cool, in a simple, rugged, straightforward kind of way.

Wind blast can get annoying, but it's also kind of nice to be able to basically not have to hold your torso up or support your weight by your hands if you have a more forward seating position. Still, nothing that a small windshield can't address.

I only have an SV, but it's a fun, light bike, and is plenty as long as you don't crave any crazy triple digit speeds, but it's easy to toss around and is a good all arounder. I'd personally much rather ride a little slower on a significantly more fun back road (imo) than unsafely fast on a straight highway or something, so the SV fits my wants perfectly. I see a number of them so they're not exactly an uncommon bike as far as nakeds go, but that doesn't exactly matter to me.

FZ1Guy
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I have own a 2007 FZ1 and have riden the Bandit 1200. Both are wonderful naked bikes and ride very nice.

The Bandit is a much more easy to ride bike than the FZ1, smoother and more steady power band. The bandit is much heavier then the FZ1, but still not bad.

The FZ1, has a great riding position, TONS of power, nice and light to flick through the corners. The engine is much like the R1, so the powerband and shifting take some getting used to.

Bandit=Nice smooth handling bike, easy to ride and love
FZ1=Sportier bike, great handling, LOTS of power,will love it when you get used to the peaky engine.

Best luck finding what you want...

Oh, btw... I think the FZ1 is one of the best looking naked (standard) bikes around. :hump:

jbnwc
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:10 PM
FZ1's are the best of all the nekkid bikes I've ridden. My wife has an SV1000, but I don't like it because it vibrates too much and the stock seat is the most god-awful seat I've ever ridden on. Other than that it's a good one but still not as good as an FZ1.

chad23
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I have only owned full fairing and partial fairing bikes. So i have no idea what to like about them.

that goes for almost any bike now a days. most shops dont stock much, they all order what ever you need, low overhead.

The only real complaint I have about it is that you can't go to a motorcycle shop and expect to have parts/accessories for it on the shelf. There is a bit of wind that you have to deal with because the lack of a windscreen....but that is expected with some nekkid bikes. As said before, as long as it puts a smile on your face I don't think you could go wrong with any of the bikes already listed.

Badhabit
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1239619069.html

$9995 KTM Super Duke!

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM

http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/dealer/4673338/95262544_4thumb_550x410.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:viewPhotos();)http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/plcnad/6631574/95044440_2thumb_550x410.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:viewPhotos();)
The honda is 3500 and the Suzi is 4. Both have low miles (13-16000) and are monsters. You can find both of these for cheap. IF you want totally naked, just remove the farings and put some baja lights on them. these bikes are fun fun fun. Probably more fun to ride than the FZ and Z. A ton of cheap SV's out there as well. If you are interested, I have a bud selling a 03 Z1000 Orange with Tri oval yosh slip ons. LOW miles and in cherry condition. 4800. Man I would still have my superhawk if it didn't snap in half when it hit the guardrail.

Wintermute
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 05:10 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1239619069.html

$9995 KTM Super Duke!

Ha! I just about linked that earlier!

Seriously, give an Super Duke a try. Might seem expensive, but you get top-end Brembo radial monoblocs with braided lines, fully adjustable WP suspension, dry-sump 12k rpm v-twin and better handling than most faired sport bikes on the planet. All with comfy standard ergos.

Since Super Dukes didn't "take" here like the rest of the world, you can still get brand-new 08s for a steal. If you want one, better get it now, because they aren't importing them anymore, after only 3(?) years. Already a collector's item.

I've never heard of anybody who didn't fall in love with a Super Duke after riding it for a bit. Here's what a SD will do in capable hands on the track. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNaQsQgONI) Lack of fairings screws him on the long straights, but he's going to town in the corners. He needs to do something about the helium in his front tire, he just can't keep it down.

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Thats a cool vid

OUTLAWD
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:55 PM
My Speedie and why I like it...
<snip>
It's not the fastest bike out there, it's not the most well behaved, but what it does is put a smile on my face every time I ride it and isn't that what really matters?

Its called character... and why I will never part with my brit bike...

S3 FTMFW!!!

Bueller
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I have own a 2007 FZ1 and have riden the Bandit 1200. Both are wonderful naked bikes and ride very nice.

The Bandit is a much more easy to ride bike than the FZ1, smoother and more steady power band. The bandit is much heavier then the FZ1, but still not bad.

The FZ1, has a great riding position, TONS of power, nice and light to flick through the corners. The engine is much like the R1, so the powerband and shifting take some getting used to.

Bandit=Nice smooth handling bike, easy to ride and love
FZ1=Sportier bike, great handling, LOTS of power,will love it when you get used to the peaky engine.

Best luck finding what you want...

Oh, btw... I think the FZ1 is one of the best looking naked (standard) bikes around. :hump:

http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/dealer/4673338/95262544_4thumb_550x410.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:viewPhotos();)http://images.traderonline.com//img/5/plcnad/6631574/95044440_2thumb_550x410.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:viewPhotos();)
The honda is 3500 and the Suzi is 4. Both have low miles (13-16000) and are monsters. You can find both of these for cheap. IF you want totally naked, just remove the farings and put some baja lights on them. these bikes are fun fun fun. Probably more fun to ride than the FZ and Z. A ton of cheap SV's out there as well. If you are interested, I have a bud selling a 03 Z1000 Orange with Tri oval yosh slip ons. LOW miles and in cherry condition. 4800. Man I would still have my superhawk if it didn't snap in half when it hit the guardrail.
These are not naked bikes

pwrtrippin
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
+1 on the speedy, just did a 430mi ride with Modette last saturday and felt fine other than being soaked from the rain. And what a coincidence mine is for sale so I can get an adventure tourer. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32441

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I would look at a Buell. It has enough power, lots of tourque, air cooled, light, great handling, no chain to lube or adjust, no valve adjustments ever, looks cool and different, reasonably priced, sounds great, American made,........... I don't see a down side.

kawasakirob
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
These are not naked bikes
It's why I said you can just remove the fairings. I'm glad that you read everything before writing a response. How's the Gran Torino Parties?

Bueller
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM
It's why I said you can just remove the fairings. I'm glad that you read everything before writing a response. How's the Gran Torino Parties?
Don't make a point of paying much attention to your posts, skip right over most of them lately.

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I'm going the same direction, Cathy. I'm thinking either a speed tripple. This is the special edition, 08 r 09, I believe and wayyyy out of my price range, but I'm thinking an 06 r 07 if I can afford it down the road:) Those years look very similar to this newer version. Is this the hottest dammm bike you've ever seen or what???

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200612/triumph-speed-triple-3_460x0w.jpg

Or a monster, probably S2-800 or 1000
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt37/larsson77/819.jpg

TheStig
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
That Speedy you have pictured is an 05-07, 08-09 have black forks and different wheels among other things. You can pick up an 06-07 for about $6800 or less depending on miles.

TheStig
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/retinaburn/Motorcycle/IMG_0051.jpg

Shes so sexy...the bike that is. Thats why I love her, its purely sexual.

Aracheon
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Because it's fun. :)

http://www.vastaction.com/vpost/gallery/Street%20Bike/ctd09pmp05/mw01_3520_ctd09pmi05.JPG

Sean
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:14 PM
ahhhh, the stormtroopers are invading. Now they have bikes to match their spiffy outfits too!!!!!!!!

whitebrad
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
here is the tuono... it is like an rsv... ohhh how sexy... and the thing is, the engineis easy to work on (v-twin) and for some reason they are cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-1000R-2007-APRILIA-TUONO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ hashZitem3ef801e001QQitemZ270448844801QQptZUSQ5fmo torcycles#ht_942wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-1000R-2007-APRILIA-TUONO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ hashZitem3ef801e001QQitemZ270448844801QQptZUSQ5fmo torcycles#ht_942wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-2007-APRILIA-TUONO-1000R-NEW-WARRANTY-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem4a9a7face1QQitemZ320419638497QQptZUSQ5f motorcycles#ht_637wt_976

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-2007-APRILIA-TUONO-1000R-NEW-WARRANTY-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem4a9a7fcdedQQitemZ320419646957QQptZUSQ5f motorcycles#ht_571wt_976

i mean, a 2007 for right around 5-6 k? an italian liter bike?

Aracheon
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
ahhhh, the stormtroopers are invading. Now they have bikes to match their spiffy outfits too!!!!!!!!

http://torontoist.com/attachments/toronto_marcl/stormtrooper1_10aug07.jpg

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
That Speedy you have pictured is an 05-07, 08-09 have black forks and different wheels among other things. You can pick up an 06-07 for about $6800 or less depending on miles.

ok, black forks, hugh? That sounds awesome, gonna check that out.

chanke4252
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
here is the tuono... it is like an rsv... ohhh how sexy... and the thing is, the engineis easy to work on (v-twin) and for some reason they are cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-2007-APRILIA-TUONO-1000R-NEW-WARRANTY-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem4a9a7face1QQitemZ320419638497QQptZUSQ5f motorcycles#ht_637wt_976

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aprilia-Tuono-2007-APRILIA-TUONO-1000R-NEW-WARRANTY-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem4a9a7fcdedQQitemZ320419646957QQptZUSQ5f motorcycles#ht_571wt_976

i mean, a 2007 for right around 5-6 k? an italian liter bike?

I always thought the tuono was an I4. I guess I never really looked at them because I thought they were horrendously ugly. The Shiver on the other hand is boner city.

whitebrad
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:22 AM
i thought most tuonos were ugly, just looking at the pictures, but getting on one and seeing it, well, it is almost exactly the same as an rsv, except for the fairings and the risers on the bars...

they have some interesting screens and stuff on them... but yeah, they are a twin...

i am wanting to see if they are going to make the next gen tuono a v-4 since the rsv went to it...

THAT would be something.. of course i won't buy one for a few years... have to wait til they get all the kinks out before any platform is a badmamajamma... hell, it took the r-1 forever to get it right!

Mel
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
because...umm...because?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/meltrowbridge/Vehicles/Track%20Days/P11113931.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg