PDA

View Full Version : 2 Northglen Motorcops involved in Hit & Run.

Matty
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM
NORTHGLENN - Two motorcycle officers with the Northglenn Police Department were hit by a pickup truck (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=118378&catid=339#) after the driver reportedly ran a red light

The accident happened around 7 a.m. on 120th Avenue at Interstate 25.

Northglenn police say the officers were in the turn lane for the I-25 onramp when the construction truck (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=118378&catid=339#) allegedly ran the red light and hit the officers. Police say the driver fled the scene but was found and arrested a few blocks away from the accident scene.

One of the officers was taken to a nearby hospital but the condition of the officer was not immediately known. The other officer was not injured, according to police. Their names have not been released.

The officers were heading to the interstate to conduct traffic enforcement.

Mister BOYD
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I heard about this on the radio on my way in. Hopefully the injured officer is okay. Scary but not surprizing. Glad they caught the bastard who ran!

mtnairlover
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Was driving in with my carpool buddy almost right after the accident had happened...no ambulance had arrived yet (~6:45). I couldn't see much as we approached the top of the intersection, but there were a lot of police cars. As we went by, I realized it was 2 police bikes and I saw one officer tending to the injured officer. Traffic was just beginning to get routed on the eastbound side of 120th just west of the Conoco.

Sad to hear, but I hope the injured officer will be ok and I'm glad they caught the idiot who tried to run.

WidowmakerDutch
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
NORTHGLENN - Two motorcycle officers with the Northglenn Police Department were hit by a pickup truck (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=118378&catid=339#) after the driver reportedly ran a red light

The accident happened around 7 a.m. on 120th Avenue at Interstate 25.

Northglenn police say the officers were in the turn lane for the I-25 onramp when the construction truck (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=118378&catid=339#) allegedly ran the red light and hit the officers. Police say the driver fled the scene but was found and arrested a few blocks away from the accident scene.

One of the officers was taken to a nearby hospital but the condition of the officer was not immediately known. The other officer was not injured, according to police. Their names have not been released.

The officers were heading to the interstate to conduct traffic enforcement.

I drove by it this morning and that police bike was trashed. There were about 12 cop cars surrounding the truck.

Best wishes to him. Even if he would give me a ticket.

Tylar
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Not good, no matter their profession. They're still someone's mom, dad, daughter or son.

Tipys
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Damn

BeoBe
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
that fleeing the scene of an accident will do nice in court, specially since it was an officer that he hit... stupid fuckin moron i hope they just give him the death penalty so that we dont have to waste money on him

MetaLord 9
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure any & all leniency went out the window when the victims became two police officers

Sean
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure any & all leniency went out the window when the victims became two police officersOr when the guy ran. :banghead: Hope he gets what is coming to him.

Raptor
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he just made the top 5 (if not top 3) list of guys not to be in the Colorado justice system.

Ricky
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I saw the aftermath this morning, as I get off of I25 at 120th, and the left turn lane was completely closed... had to go east and make a u-turn. The bike looked pretty gruesome, and I guess one of em is in the hospital. Though I only saw one bike down, not 2.

pannetron
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Send the hit and run phuctard to the nearest soylent green processing plant -- TODAY!

willb003
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:15 PM
The bad thing is that the moto cops never where any gear, everytime I see them they are in uniform short sleeves.

Ricky
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I always wave at them, and they never wave back. Assholes.

Horsman
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hope the Cop is ok... The Hit&Runner is definitely going to the "House of Pain"!!!!

gtn
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:22 PM
The bad thing is that the moto cops never where any gear, everytime I see them they are in uniform short sleeves.

That has always bugged me. In the pics I've seen of motor cops in Europe they're fully geared up. Including full-face helmet.

I hope the injured office has a speedy and full recovery. I'm sure the hit and run driver will be given an opportunity to think about his/her actions for a long time.

SumoWeezle
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:29 PM

thats strange. I always wave at the Northglenn and Thornton cops and they always wave back at me. Ive even had them come up and ride abreast with me after stopping with me at a light. I'm sure that got some strange looks from other people seeing me next to a cop zippin down the road... :D

Ricky
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
thats strange. I always wave at the Northglenn and Thornton cops and they always wave back at me. Ive even had them come up and ride abreast with me after stopping with me at a light. I'm sure that got some strange looks from other people seeing me next to a cop zippin down the road... :D

Yeah man, I don't get it. They never wave back at me, not Northglenn, not Thornton, not Westminster. Maybe it happened one time.

gtn
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah man, I don't get it. They never wave back at me, not Northglenn, not Thornton, not Westminster. Maybe it happened one time.

It's the graphic man.

kawasakirob
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
That's to bad, hope he recovers quickly

Xtremjeepn
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Most times I think they are just surprised you waved. 90% of the time they wave bak at me.

That has always bugged me. In the pics I've seen of motor cops in Europe they're fully geared up. Including full-face helmet.

Kind of a tricky gig really, and depends on department.

Things to consider.

-up to 10 hours a day are spend on the bike. Getting on and off all day long. So some gear that we like, would simply not be practical.

-Need GREAT visability and the ability to talk to people. Both of which make the full face helmet less practical.

-Need gear you could "fight in" if you get into a confrontation.

-They do wear boots, vests, gloves, and pants with some abrasion resistance, most also have leather jackets, you just don't see them much since the cop is already overheating with the vest on.

-Need FAST access to duty belt. Also the duty belt itself becomes a problem in an accident. (falling on your radio, baton, gun and cuffs at 60 mph can make it that much worse).

Canuck
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I think its funny that they were on the way for some "Traffic Enforcement".
Glad they caught the 'Runner' and the cops will be ok.

Still hate LEO's.

willb003
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Most times I think they are just surprised you waved. 90% of the time they wave bak at me.

Kind of a tricky gig really, and depends on department.

Things to consider.

-up to 10 hours a day are spend on the bike. Getting on and off all day long. So some gear that we like, would simply not be practical.

-Need GREAT visability and the ability to talk to people. Both of which make the full face helmet less practical.

-Need gear you could "fight in" if you get into a confrontation.

-They do wear boots, vests, gloves, and pants with some abrasion resistance, most also have leather jackets, you just don't see them much since the cop is already overheating with the vest on.

-Need FAST access to duty belt. Also the duty belt itself becomes a problem in an accident. (falling on your radio, baton, gun and cuffs at 60 mph can make it that much worse).

I have never seen them in a vest or anything. they could get a flip up full face helmet, and they could wear a mesh jacket.

MikeG
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I've seen the Westy PD out with bright neon green vests. I wish citizens on motorcycles who get plowed by a vehicle could get the same treatment (although we have no police radio readily available) nonetheless, I hope for a speedy recovery for the injured.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM

suprisingly one of the motorcycle cops waved at me yesterday on the I-25 frontage road as I passed him....doing 90!!!!!
Was trying to get to 120th before everyone left from Conoco

Xtremjeepn
Thu Jun 25th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I have never seen them in a vest or anything. they could get a flip up full face helmet, and they could wear a mesh jacket.

Their bullet proof vests, not traffic vests.

FINALLY MORE DEAD COPS.:devil2:

I hope the kid runs you over next. We don't need people like you.