PDA

View Full Version : FYI Boulder canyon "revenue drive"

asp_125
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
This from a friend on another forum:

"On my ride to work this morning, there were 4 - count them 4 police set up. One on the north side of town (Nederland police) and then three state troopers in the canyon (just below the dam, Hurricane Hill, below the narrows and falls). Every single one had someone pulled over.

While your town may be different, it feels like the 4th weekend is starting a week early and these protectors of the road are out there to keep us safe."

64BonnieLass
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm sure they are starting early. I have seen an increase in police on my route all week.

Good times, good times. :) Be safe and "revenue drive" free.

denver_whitest185
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM
i saw 4 cops this morning at 5:30 am on my way home from work (10 minute commute). they probably have to fill their quota's still, and its going to be a nice weekend finally.

Graybird
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
With the start of 24-hr gaming... I will be staying out of Blackhawk/Central City area. I'm sure they will be thick up there!

green_zx7r
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Also watch out on Foothills Pkwy in Boulder between 36 and Arapahoe...
That strip was riddled with cops this AM both directions. They were issuing tickets left and right, like give away free t-shirts at an event...

Sean
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I've been seeing more and more around here. I've even gotten nailed by a state trooper on Boulder Canyon. With Johnny Law and all of the traffic, it's one of the first roads I avoid. Riding the canyons is less and less tempting :(

asp_125
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Just the beginning I think... summer crackdown.

OUTLAWD
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
track days are becoming more and more appealing...

chad23
Fri Jun 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM
track days are becoming more and more appealing...
I am with you there