PDA

View Full Version : New steed for the stable

noskills
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Posting to eleviate myself of the large purchase jitters. Hate committing to larger purchases but new shit is so... well so shinny! Aside from a couple of blemishes from a tip over the ride is pretty clean with only 1000 mile. Picking up the bike tomorrow. This was my first choice for a 2 up. What do you think?

The bike currently has a lowered suspension that I want to reverse. Anyone know what will be needed to reverse the lowered suspension? Is it just a link in the rear or does it involve a spring mod in the front?

64BonnieLass
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know anything about suspension, but I can say....

Good for you and Congrats. :)

BHeth
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Looks great! Does it have the low seat as well? Looks thin for a Beemer.

King Nothing
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
looks great. do want.

rybo
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
There are a couple of different ways that the suspension could have been lowered. A spacer could have been installed in the rear shock, or the links could have been changed.

Reversing the rear is a matter of changing one of those pieces back to "normal"

usually people lower the front just by sliding the triple clamps down the tubes. Easy to reverse.

Congrats on the new ride!

S

noskills
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks all, I'm quite excited!

Does it have the low seat as well? Looks thin for a Beemer.

Yes. Not the best but not bad. I think with both the suspension and seat it sits just above 30 inches. I would like the suspension higher for the clearance since it will be a 2 up ride.

Yes its pretty thin. Gotta love those twins + only 460 # wet. :up:

usually people lower the front just by sliding the triple clamps down the tubes. Easy to reverse.

Hey Scott,
I hope that is the extent of the of the lowering. Here is a pic of the tripple tree. If it is just dropped via tube it doesn't look like it would go very far. I'm guessing that it's only dropped in the rear since the market for dropped bikes arn't that concerned with turn in performance.

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/C/F/-/-/BMW_F800_Guages.jpg

vtr100fguy
Sun Jun 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
nice ride enjoy :)