PDA

View Full Version : New Salt Lake track opening this summer

Anonymous
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
This thing gives me wood.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/diagram.cfm

4.5 miles, something like 22 turns. 200ft elevation change (I'm told), world class facilities including garages and the whole nine. :drool:

Oh, it's opening in late summer.

I forsee a trip to Utah!

Anonymous
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Also, here's another one going in near Phoenix. No details yet.

Dysco
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM
memo to me: read all text. YAY for new tracks!

Dysco
Fri Feb 25th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Nice supermoto track!

~Barn~
Sat Feb 26th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Hell yeah! That track looks naughty! :rock:

Mista Black
Sat Feb 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM
4.5 Miles!!! Holy Shite!!! And I never thought I'd fall in love again...

rocktboy
Mon Feb 28th, 2005, 12:22 PM
not to spoil a good thing but chances are on casual track days and test and tune days the track will be split into 2 courses. Each course will be somewhat like 2nd creek with all 2nd and 3rd gear turns......let hope i am wrong on that.

i don't quite understand the track developers in this country...."The road course will be designed to meet all appropriate safety and operational standards as would be required by any North American sanctioning body."
As we all know those "north american safety standards" aren't very high. If you are investing to build a new track why not make it a true world class FIA certified facility so you can attract the likes of formula 1 and motogp?

Anonymous
Mon Feb 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
not to spoil a good thing but chances are on casual track days and test and tune days the track will be split into 2 courses. Each course will be somewhat like 2nd creek with all 2nd and 3rd gear turns......let hope i am wrong on that.

What would the point of that be?

i don't quite understand the track developers in this country...."The road course will be designed to meet all appropriate safety and operational standards as would be required by any North American sanctioning body."
As we all know those "north american safety standards" aren't very high. If you are investing to build a new track why not make it a true world class FIA certified facility so you can attract the likes of formula 1 and motogp?

The only reason this track won't take a GP or F1 race is because of the paddock design, from what I'm told. Has nothing to do with safety.

friscokidd
Mon Feb 28th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I agree with ralph, i think im seeing a roadtrip to phoenix and utah 8)

Feathered upstart!
Mon Feb 28th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I see $300+ per day

Lel
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I see $300+ per day

its what it takes in order to ride better facilities. This $45 for us to get track time is phenominal. Pahrump (spring mtn motorsports park) was 385 for two days and I would (and will) pay that again in a heart beat to ride a 'real' track.