PDA

View Full Version : need Blackberry and Google Calendar help!!

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
M'kay...so I'm using a Crackberry Storm and Google Calendars. To date, I've not had any issues with syncing them. Now I'm getting duplicate entries and I'm tired of seeing it...how can I fix this w/out having to go in and delete each individual entry on the handheld?

More importantly though... syncing multiple calendars. When I go into the Google Sync program on the BB, I click on options and scroll down to where I should be able to choose to sync more than just my default calendar. Problem is, my choices are "default" and "none". The other two calendars I have under "others" will not show up. I'm hearing this is a common problem with the new Crackberry OS (installed a few weeks ago) but nobody has bothered to post up how they've gotten around it. HELP!!!

Devaclis
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Wipe your BB and start over. Are you connected to a BES too? If so, you will need to have it reactivated.

Google it, there are LOTS of people having this problem right now.

TheStig
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Im running the new OS on my storm with no issues. Are you running a lot of apps? Check your memory (Options>Application Memory (free space)).

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:22 AM
What is a BES? And I'm assuming by wipe you are referring to a reset to factory defaults? Not sure how to do that either....

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Im running the new OS on my storm with no issues. Are you running a lot of apps? Check your memory (Options>Application Memory (free space)).
My memory has jumped up considerably since running the new OS - usually high 20's to low 30's and I have Quick Pull set to run every morning so memory is not an issue. The sync is my only problem...can't sync non-default calendars. It is not a critical issue, just something that would be nice to be able to do! =)

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
What is a BES? And I'm assuming by wipe you are referring to a reset to factory defaults? Not sure how to do that either....

BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server

How to reset your device:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_reset_my_BlackBerry%3F

Devaclis
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server. Are you getting emails from your work? On Exchange (Outlook)?

Also, to wipe, do the following:

To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps. This option is available with
BlackBerry Device Software 3.8 and later.

In the device Options, click Security.
If you are using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1, click Security Options > General Security.
Click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld.
Click Continue.
Type “blackberry”. All the data on the BlackBerry device is erased.

On some new versions of blackberry software the menu navigation is slightly different.

Go to Options
Select Security Options.
Select General Settings
Click the Menu key
Select Wipe Handheld
Click Continue
Type “blackberry”. All the data on the BlackBerry device is erased.

Once it is wiped, hard-reset the handheld and perform Blackberry Wireless Activation again.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Nope, my BB has nothing to do with work. I have it set up to get my personal (comcast) emails and personal Google stuff - that's all. I'm downloading the desktop mgr first (disc is at home and never loaded it onto this new laptop) so I can run a back up prior to doing any wipes.