PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to all of my amazing friends!!

Sweetie Pie
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 11:55 AM
So I had a problem with my bike yesterday and needed someone to pick me & the bike up in Walsenburg. I was with Timmay, GixxerCarrie, Matty, and Becky on this ride and they did a great job of taking care of me while working on the bike on the shoulder of I25 South (the boys worked on the bike while the girls helped me through my meltdown). I wanted the group to be able to continue on our planned ride, so I started calling around trying to find someone to come and get me. I called my husband, no answer! I called my big brother Jeff (Sortarican), no answer! That’s when I started to cry. :cry: I called my little brother Gene (Supa77), no answer! Timmay was about ready to cancel the trip, ride all the way home to get his truck and come back to pick up my bike, when Gene called me back. Gene was ready to come get me, but he had no ramp for his truck. While Gene was trying to find a ramp, Jeff called me back. Then I think Jeff called everyone in the CSC that has a truck and/or a trailer. When my husband got my message and called me back, Gene & Jeff already had the rescue plan in place.

We locked the bike to a road sign on the frontage road by the highway and I rode on the back of Matty’s bike into downtown Walsenburg where we met Timmay’s dad for lunch. In the couple of hours that we hung out in Walsenburg waiting for Dana, Gene, and Jeff to arrive, I got text messages and phone calls from so many friends just wanting to make sure I was okay. I had multiple offers from friends who were busy at the moment, but offered to pick me up later in the day if I needed them to. And the friends I was with refused to ride on until I was safely on my way home with the bike. I am very thankful to have so many good friends to take care of me. Thank you very much and I love you guys!:bow:

Devaclis
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Post up pics of your new hot rod, Pie :)

mtnairlover
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm glad you were able to get out of your pickle the way you did and that you discovered the awesomeness that is this wonderful group of people. Sorry I dropped the ball on my end. I've got lots of numbers in my phone, but the one number that Jeff had asked for, I did not have....neither did anyone else in the group I was with.

konichd
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Piesy is on a KAWI! HOT DAMN! ;)

Snowman
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Sounds like the CSC Emergency Broadcast Network did its job…
Well done.

We now return you to your regular posting…

McVaaahhh
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I got a call from Jeff as well.

Glad you made out ok! :cheers:

Horsman
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Glad you are ok Pie!!! :) truly amazing friends.... :) I never got a call.

PMing my #, Don't give it to Dana, I don't want him texting me "in his lab" photos. LOL.. JK

konichd
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I just read the Pie's sig :(

Sweetie Pie
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I just read the Pie's sig :(

I am a Suzuki addict, no Kawis here!!

Supa77
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'm glad you are ok Pie! Hopefully the bike is an easy fix. Really glad you called and that I was able to help! If you need anything else just shoot me a call. :)

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Glad you're ok Pie! The people are the reason I love the CSC so much! It's a family thing!

Shea
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Glad you're ok Pie! The people are the reason I love the CSC so much! It's a family thing!

So you're sleeping with your sister?

Glad you're ok Pie :)

MetaLord 9
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
So you're sleeping with your sister?

Glad you're ok Pie :)
Dunno. I was adopted, so technically I could be.

You should try dating with that kind of pressure on you.

"Hi! I'm Chris, have you ever been to or born in South Carolina?"

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Great talking to you Pie. Glad you were close to civilization too. Hope lunch was good with Timmah's dad. I immediately mixed another Sailor Jerry's Cubalibra and focused on the motogp as I knew you were in good hands :D

sprtbkbabe
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Glad ya made it home woman (too bad I was so far away on the bicycle) :up:

...Luckily now I have Sortarican's mobile number for future drunk dialin, tho!

Sean
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
The people are the reason I love the CSC so much! It's a family thing!:imwithstupid: The CSC is happy to make jokes at the persons expense, the entire time that they are going out of their way to help another member. :hump: (or is that just because it's me?)

Glad ya made it home safe.