PDA

View Full Version : a shop that tunes pcIII for elevation

michaelawsome
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM
just wondering if there is a recomended shop that can tune a pc 3 for the elevation?

swademaster
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Talk to Bart at Faster.

leadbedr
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
im going to supertune.

http://www.supertunemotorsports.com/thecustomerpage.htm

peteremsley
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Do SuperTune have a Dyno?

konichd
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Aaron Clark is back up and running from what I hear? :dunno: That would be my first, second, and probably third stop before I would go anywhere else. :)

swademaster
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Do SuperTune have a Dyno?

I haven't been in there for a while, but last time I was, there wan't a dyno.

Aaron Clark is back up and running from what I hear? :dunno: That would be my first, second, and probably third stop before I would go anywhere else. :)

I hadn't heard that Clarkie was back. He would also do a good job of tuning your bike with a PC 3.

brennahm
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
OTD Cyclesports! Seriously, Eddie's very good at what he does.

303-399-5370

pannetron
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hmmm, PC3's all work on fuel injected bikes, whose computers already adjust for altitude -- and air temperature, water temperature, etc. In a way, PowerCommanders augment the stock computer, they don't replace it. Can you squeeze out another HP or two, probably. Is it worth it? For you to decide.

rybo
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 09:35 PM
to get in touch with Clarkie,

clarkie49@hotmail.com

rybo
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, PC3's all work on fuel injected bikes, whose computers already adjust for altitude -- and air temperature, water temperature, etc. In a way, PowerCommanders augment the stock computer, they don't replace it. Can you squeeze out another HP or two, probably. Is it worth it? For you to decide.

The range of adjustment that the stock computer has is pretty limited. FI systems on most bike are what's called "feed forward" systems, which means that it takes air pressure and temp and assumes that it's right on the back end. The power commander + a dyno gives the tuner the chance to adjust ina wider range and measure the exhaust gasses to make sure the tuning and adjustment is going correctly.

chubster2003
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Epic Motorsports up in Longmont does custom tuning for Power Commanders...

they are sending their unit to Dynojet to get Re-Calibrated and certified...so i would think that going to them soon wouldnt be a bad idea... also, its the cheapest by far from anyone around... $210

go HERE (http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/TuningCenters/Default.aspx?State=Colorado) for a list of approved dynojet tuning centers...

Epic Motorsports is listed as Moto Garage LLC... same address, different name...

im getting mine tuned there here in a few weeks... just got to call and finalize the appointment.

From what they said you need to be able to drop the bike off, because it takes upwards of 2-3 hrs for a good tune on a sport bike... otherwise it is going to be a long boring wait...

Hope this helps bud

Clinton

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Epic Motorsports is listed as Moto Garage LLC... same address, different name...

MotoGarage is Clarkie - http://www.moto-garage.com/ Epic has the dyno now but Clarkie still does the tuning on it.

lovinCO
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Bart at Faster tuned both of our bikes and they are fast! :)

303-825-0975

EPICMOTOSPORTS
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Epic Motosports acquired the dyno while Aaron was away recovering from his accident. Now that Aaron is back in town he does still preform Dyno Tuning for us.

If you would like to schedule an appointment for your custom power commander map please call us at 303-485-1858. Remember to request Clarkie to do your tuning if you would like him to do your map.

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Last I read, $175 CSC special @ Epic.

Bueller
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Clarkie is hands down the best tunner in town! IMO
He just doesn't stop until it is perfect.
Glad to see him back!

Bashed
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:23 AM

A tuner here in Colorado got 10% more power out of my bike.
For a 150 total. Quite a bit more than a HP or two. Mostly added in the midrange and top where I use it. You do the math, it does work, and the tuners mentioned know what they are doing, or they wouldn't still be doing it.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Its like a cake Michael...there is a high altitude recipe...just get some more flour! Sorry, girl thing that I couldn't help sliding in and threadjacking!

The_Jackel
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
If your in the springs we can take care of you, we just recently upgraded our dyno as well. All of our tunes are guranteed, No matter what! We also guarantee the best tune available.

As some one above stated before, the stock ECU can only correct so much. If you still don't believe it is worth to re-tune the bike at altitude I will be more than happy to prove how beneficial it is.

Tipys
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
If your in the springs we can take care of you, we just recently upgraded our dyno as well. All of our tunes are guranteed, No matter what! We also guarantee the best tune available.

As some one above stated before, the stock ECU can only correct so much. If you still don't believe it is worth to re-tune the bike at altitude I will be more than happy to prove how beneficial it is.

So what would you do if I can find someone that can get it tuned even better?

The_Jackel
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I will give you a cookie. No seriously, we have never had a bike that we couldn't tune close to perfect, meaning we know at that elevation with that bikes setup the map/maps are as efficient as possible. Sure there are some minor complications sometimes, after a tune a customer might run into an issue in a certain set of condiitons, in which we will happily fix/re-tune. I dont care if its 3 days or 3 months.

Tipys
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I will give you a cookie. No seriously, we have never had a bike that we couldn't tune close to perfect, meaning we know at that elevation with that bikes setup the map/maps are as efficient as possible. Sure there are some minor complications sometimes, after a tune a customer might run into an issue in a certain set of condiitons, in which we will happily fix/re-tune. I dont care if its 3 days or 3 months.

So you won't put money on it that someone else could pull even more power out of it

brennahm
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Never heard anything bad about Jackal or TFOG. But Eddie at OTD know what he's doing. Seriously, it may just be more convenient than the Springs...

The_Jackel
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
So you won't put money on it that someone else could pull even more power out of it

Any good tuner will tell you this is a pretty stupid question/argument. There is always going to be room left in a tune to make a little more power. "Lean is mean" Is a old saying that is very true, you can lean a motor out to make the most power but it is not safe. Which is why anyone could grab any bike off the street and lean it out for a couple runs on the dyno and make more power.