PDA

View Full Version : Legal advice section?

BeoBe
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I have noticed lately that their is alot of question about legal advice such as traffic violations, assualt, domestic, everything really.. I personally think these are rather important questions, and questions that i myself usually have pretty good knowledge as to answer them or i have the resources to find the answer rather quickly.

But the problem that i have noticed is they are normally posted in the general discussion section which tends to be a section where alot of post whore nonsense gets posted and it gets drown out rather quickly and i dont think ever gets the respect of answer that it should have.

I know that i am rambling here but i think maybe possibly if it isn't too much for the forums itself it would be good to have a legal advice/questions sections for those that are in need of this.. I know we are a motorcycle club but a vehicle club none the less and with the wide variety and ages of members i think this might tend to be very helpful.

Maybe even a test run on the section to see how it ends up.. i dont think it would get massivly flooded as general discussion or pics/vids section but yea should be helpful.

Just my $0.02 and trying to look out for some current/future members.

Thanks for reading if anything,
Bob

just for shits and giggles im gonna toss up a poll and see what it gets, if it gets it or not id like to see the response of the active members to see if maybe this is something i want to try on my other vehicle forums..

BeoBe
Mon Jun 29th, 2009, 11:38 PM
this may also be helpful for something as simple as referring a good local attourney or anything else really. I know if anything i would love to check in on this section to find out what a great lawyer is in the area.

Dietrich_R1
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I'm sure there's a few attorneys that would love to sponsor the CSC

Bueller
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Maybe a Dear Rybo forum. ;)

BeoBe
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
so is there anyone that actually read these that have to do with decision making on the forums or is it a "we've read it, and we will decide"? I guess it would just be nice to know that my ideas are at least acknowledged.

dapper
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I have noticed lately that their is alot of question about legal advice such as traffic violations, assault, domestic, everything really.. I personally think these are rather important questions, and questions that i myself usually have pretty good knowledge as to answer them or i have the resources to find the answer rather quickly.
I have egged on multiple people with "aggravated assault feels pretty good".
All laugh...none act-out on their feelings.

:(

Dizzy D
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Patience. The owner of the site is running R2SL and will not be back for a few days.

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Patience. The owner of the site is running R2SL and will not be back for a few days.

Im good i just didn't want to see it shrugged off.. Id like to know how it goes to see if i should keep coming up with ideas ;)

Spiderman
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
so is there anyone that actually read these that have to do with decision making on the forums or is it a "we've read it, and we will decide"? How is one option different from the other? :dunno:

I guess it would just be nice to know that my ideas are at least acknowledged.Ahhh, ok... I'll give you that. :up:

I've often thought there should be a lot of other sections, but realistically speaking, they fall into General Discussion. Legal Advice may have some merit, and will be considered. In the meantime, you can check out the page I set up way back when on the original site, called "Breakin' The Law (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/../misc/breakinthelaw.html)". 8)

rforsythe
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I will give this some more thought, but really I don't know that we have the volume of these threads necessary to justify a whole new forum, especially given the metric ton of them we've already accumulated over the years.

BeoBe
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
How is one option different from the other? :dunno:

It didn't quite come out how i wanted it to lol

And point taken on the not enough posted, but i think possibly more people would post their questions regarding tickets etc if they seen a specific spot to put them. I dunno i just thought of it because of some threads that i have responded to and lets face it, this year their has been alot of accidents that could possibly use some legal advice.