PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya'll going to R2SL...

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
(Ralph told me I can post this in this section, so no yelling at me! =)

I just got word that I'm being released from work early for the holiday (most likely Thur afternoon). I rode the bike out to work and seeing as how I'm already more than halfway to SLC, this would be a great opportunity to get out to Miller! However, the logistics aren't in my favor. Soooo.....

Is there anybody that has an extra spot in an RV or hotel room that I can steal? Even if I could split costs and just pay you back after my payday later in the week. Also wondering if anybody has extra space in their trailer to haul my bike back and give me a ride home?

I'd really love to be able to ride, but I don't have the appropriate gear and such. At this point I'm hoping I can go and either volunteer or simply cheer on all of the participating CSC'ers!

Sean
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Yes, you should come out! It's so much fun and a great cause!!!!!

(Sorry, I can't actually help. Just instigating! :twisted:)

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:42 AM
LOL...thanks for the HELP there Sean!!! And damn you Ralph for EVER putting the thought in my mind!!! LOL I've wanted to go since I heard about it, but never anticipated actually getting released from duty early!

Sean
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Yup, they got me on board last year, only one week before the event. :shocked:

Maybe try posting here too. :dunno:
http://www.racing2savelives.org/forums/

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Looks like I might be able to get the hotel part covered, but would REALLY love to be able to catch a ride home with someone...

Sean, will post on the site, thanks!

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Sean raised a great point in a PM to me. Flights from SLC to DEN on Monday the 6th are a whopping $55 on Frontier. So I would only need a way to get the bike back to the Denver area.

Ah...gotta love the last minute scramble and begging, eh? lol

Dizzy D
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 12:41 PM
BTW - When you get there, a lot of gear will be available for loan. Either from other participants but from Miller and Utah Sportbike rental......

Gear should not be a problem.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I saw that on Utah Sportbike rentals site... so now to scrounge up session fees! lol

Dizzy D
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Volunteer part of the day and your sessions are free.

Work two sessions get one free. (One session is three hours more than enough time on that track. It is so big it will wear you out quick).

BTW - if you are volunteering or not, you need to go online and register as a participant NOW. If you do not, you pay $25 late fee at the track. (Even volunteers have to pay the late registration fee)

Ralph leaves in the morning to drive the trailer/truck out to Miller. He will be shutting down online registration VERY SOON. Which means you will be a late registration.

Save yourself some money if you are counting pennies.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Ralph has an email out to see if there is any way for me to get in as a volunteer right now. So if I end up volunteering, I'd have to register the same as if I were running a session? If I end up not able to pay, is that ok?

Dizzy D
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yes. You can resister for them all if you like, or just one session a day. You can always go back and add/delete sessions when you get to the track at registration. A ton of people switch the sessions around the day of.

Yes, if you register and can not make it out, it does not mess anything up.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cool beans, just sent ya a PM with some more questions!!

Sully
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Jess - you will probably also have to drain your coolant, unless you have water wetter in it already :) The rest of the bike prep is easy to do as well.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Yuppers! Ralph told me he would help me with all of the bike tech stuff there if I do any of the sessions. Thanks chica!

Sully
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM
:up:

rforsythe
Tue Jun 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Yuppers! Ralph told me he would help me with all of the bike tech stuff there if I do any of the sessions. Thanks chica!

Well, I'll guide you. If you need help wrenching on it we will find someone else, I will not have the time to flush a bike.

Scer
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
So last minute decision but I will be driving out to R2SL tomorrow (Thurs). If anyone wants to join just let me know.

join on joinas

Sean
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 09:19 AM
So last minute decision but I will be driving out to R2SL tomorrow (Thurs). If anyone wants to join just let me know.

join on joinas:rock: Hell yeah! See you out there!

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Well, I'll guide you. If you need help wrenching on it we will find someone else, I will not have the time to flush a bike.
LOL...fair is fair! I'll take all the guidance I can get.
I've called every dang bike shop in CO and the SLC area looking for frame sliders... this is what I get for procrastinating! Waiting on my last hope to call me back about ordering them and picking up in SLC on Saturday. lol

And I'll be seeing you tomorrow night Scer!! woo-hoo!