PDA

View Full Version : Collision on new trail @ Rampart

Doron&Katie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:04 AM
Yesterday riding the new trail, went head on with another rider about 3 miles in from the parking lot. He was at fault and apologized profusely. I rode the rest of the trail to bar trail then home with broken toe and got 4 stitches in ER. Minor plastic damage but pissed I may miss a pistol shooting course at the end of the month and of course no riding for a bit.

~Barn~
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Damn Doron. It seems like I'm always hearing horror stories about how sketchy things are, out there at Rampart.

Hope you heal up in time to do your course.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
That sucks! :( At least the guy wasn't a complete dick & yelling at you...Heal up mang! You can still shoot w/a broken toe! :guns:

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:34 AM
So far, since I have been riding Rampart, the only person I have seen out there who has NO idea what they are doing, is me.

And Horsman.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:35 AM
And Horsman.
You mean the tree, right?

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:45 AM
No, the tree knew what it was doing :)

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:48 AM
No, the tree knew what it was doing :)
I guess that's true since it rode him pretty hard! :lol:

Bueller
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Damn dude that sucks, I was wondering how bad that trail would be. Parking lot and bar trail are both places I donn't like too much. Although I really enjoyed riding that in the morning before anyone was out, I have not been back on it since. Go to the south end or Rampart and avoid the knuckleheads (mostly).

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM
Doron -- that sucks man. :down: Heal up quick.

Doron&Katie
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:59 AM
As I replay this incident in my head I realize this could have been a lot worse than it was. I consider myself very lucky to have only broken a toe. I think my left Sidi gave its life in my protection so time for some new dogs. Have a great 4th of July everyone! Doron

FA-Q
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
cant say how many times i been in close calls with idiots up in divide like the group of 4 wheelers without ohv stickers from tx riding the whole width of the road

Buddau
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
The 2 times I ate it at Rampart were my fault and did not involve any other rider. A broken thumb and a broken arm. Infact other riders (strangers) came to help me.
I did avoid the crouds by riding the less traveled trails and rode during the "off" hours.

RUMotarded
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I've only heard of the craziness at Rampart, and very few good things. I'm itching to get out and do some trail riding, but beginning to wonder if Rampart is worth the trip!

GregsGSXR
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, Rampart sucks! I would stay away... and I would tell everyone I know to stay away too. Especially on Sundays! (I like to go on Sundays)

Devaclis
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Everyone stay away. I hear there are HUGE spiders there, and republicans, and gun owners, and stunters.

Stay the hell away.

Bueller
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Everyone stay away. I hear there are HUGE spiders there, and republicans, and gun owners, and stunters.

Stay the hell away.
And grouchy old Fuckers!
Get out of my godam forrest!

dirkterrell
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
And grouchy old Fuckers!
Get out of my godam forrest!

:spit:

We're planning to join you grouchy old fuckers next year. Maybe sooner...

Dirk

Bueller
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Sweeyt! Fall riding rocks!

Pandora-11
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Stay the hell away.

You're putting Republicans in a category with spiders and stunters? hummmm:)I think not.

Sortarican
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Yo Dirk, as a fellow FOG that decided to get back into trail riding, prepare for a rude awakening.
We don't heal up as quickly as when we were kids.
I used to ride without gear, bite it hard, and I'd be up and riding the next weekend.
This year I've only taken a couple minor tumbles and I can still feel each one a month later.
That being said, it's even more fun than I remember and worth every moment of pain.
(Except maybe for the busted rib, that one is taking way too long to heal up.)

As for the new trail at Rampart, (if it's the one I'm thinking of) when we rode it right after it opened
there were chunks of trees missing and plastic littered around from the collisions.
It's a litlte tight, not surprised there's headers happening on it.
Hope you heal up quickly Deron.

Horsman
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
So far, since I have been riding Rampart, the only person I have seen out there who has NO idea what they are doing, is me.

And Horsman.
HEY!!!! I have an Idea of what I am doing - I'm just not doing it!!!! :banghead:

I guess that's true since it rode him pretty hard! :lol:

Laugh it up fuzzball!!!!

there were chunks of trees missing and PIE DRZ plastic littered around from the collisions.
- FIXED

Bueller
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Not the same one Jeff but just like it, with 3 times the traffic. I only ride that one late evening or no later than 7:00 am

All the new trail will be a shortlived luxury, it will be old trail soon enough.

Just gotta stop fallin' down so hard.

Sortarican
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Just gotta stop fallin' down so hard.

Ohhhhh.......now ya tell me.:banghead:

I liked the new one we were on, but it's narrow on the hillside sections for sure.
If it had the kind of traffic you're talking about I wouldn't ride it past 7am either.

dirkterrell
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Yo Dirk, as a fellow FOG that decided to get back into trail riding, prepare for a rude awakening.

Yeah, I discovered that coming back into roadracing after 20 years. :( I'll definitely ease back into it. The last time I did any real dirt riding, Roger De Coster was the man in motocross. :crazy:

Dirk

Sortarican
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
.... The last time I did any real dirt riding, Roger De Coster was the man in motocross. :crazy:

I hear ya. My last dirtbike was '74 DT400.
The new suspension technology is amazing by comparison, and the motors are twice what they were in the 70's.
Oh yeah, and trust me, get electic start. Kicking over a bike on the side of a moutain is a pain.
I'm brobaby gonna turn my klx650 I bought into either a dualsport or tard and get a smaller dirtbike (probably a WR) this winter for next years trail riding.

Devaclis
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I am slow and almost old. I eased back into it after NEVER riding dirt :)

Although, Sunday I was riding like WANTED to get hurt.

FZRguy
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Speaking of Rampart....one more fall campout? After the poker run would be best (that's on 09/13). Sept 19/20? (work party on the 20th but prob not a big deal).

Bueller
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Speaking of Rampart....one more fall campout? After the poker run would be best (that's on 09/13). Sept 19/20? (work party on the 20th but prob not a big deal).
You started this last time and then didn't even show up :gay:

FZRguy
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I've had a busy summer. I'll show this time....I think.

Bueller
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Might have to get this going, my birthday is the 18th so maybe take that day off too :)

FZRguy
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Well, if that's the case I'll def be there, but not til Saturday.