PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2nd Job

DevilsTonic
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:27 PM
So I'm a single mom, and I have my son every other week. After going through my finances the last couple of days it's become apparent that I need to get a 2nd job.

The issue is that since I have my son every other week, I can't really go to a job on the weeks that I have him. So I'm wondering what types of jobs I can do from home via the interwebs, etc aside from Telemarketing.

Got any ideas?

SaShWhO
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
me too!

DevilsTonic
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
me too!You're a single mom?

gtn
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM
You're a single mutha?

Fix't!

asp_125
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
Lots of doctors and dentists need help with billing. Then again, you're IT right? Maybe consulting on the side?

DevilsTonic
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Lots of doctors and dentists need help with billing. Then again, you're IT right? Maybe consulting on the side?Yes I'm an Exchange Admin that dabbles in web development. I suppose I could do consulting..

My web development skills are ok, but not professional grade by any means.

~Barn~
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM
I hear the phrases single-mom and second-job, and immediately I'm all..... "I have tickets to get in free!!"

sugarrey
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Your better off than me, im looking for a first job.

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
"I have tickets to get in free!!"

Followed by "Do you have to be 21?"

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Leah, get with Terri. She posts up contract stuff all the time.

TFOGGuys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Because SOMEONE had to go there:
http://www.reallyrude.com/pics/artwork/1003-470.jpg

Tylar
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:59 AM
So I'm a single mom, and I have my son every other week. After going through my finances the last couple of days it's become apparent that I need to get a 2nd job.

The issue is that since I have my son every other week, I can't really go to a job on the weeks that I have him. So I'm wondering what types of jobs I can do from home via the interwebs, etc aside from Telemarketing.

Got any ideas?

We're going to a BDay party where the mother does home-based receptionist work a few hours a week, couple hundred bucks a month. If you want details, PM me and I'll get them this afternoon.

D3ADM4N
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 01:53 PM
home depot is hiring right now and they are very fliexible with schedules. you can do early morning shifts every other week or late afternoon shifts every other week to coincide with your other job. most people that work there are part-timers anyway. or even 90 day temps, its extra skrill on the side!

DevilsTonic
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Because SOMEONE had to go there:
http://www.reallyrude.com/pics/artwork/1003-470.jpgI'm not THAT kind of single mom, Jim...but thanks for your support regardless.

We're going to a BDay party where the mother does home-based receptionist work a few hours a week, couple hundred bucks a month. If you want details, PM me and I'll get them this afternoon.Thank you sir. PM Sent.

home depot is hiring right now and they are very fliexible with schedules. you can do early morning shifts every other week or late afternoon shifts every other week to coincide with your other job. most people that work there are part-timers anyway. or even 90 day temps, its extra skrill on the side!That's good to know, but Home Depot and Lowes are like my kryptonite. I could spend hours there and a billion dollars. The flexible schedules is a must, because I have my son every other week, I'm not willing to give up any of my time with him for another job.