PDA

View Full Version : Why the lecture?

200sr20
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
So I got myself a performance award Sunday up on 119. The sheriff was going north and I was headed south when he "clocked" me. Apparently I was doing 63 and not 45:shocked:. So he had to flip a bitch in a full sized Dodge Ram and catch me, by the time he got going in the same direction I was headed I was down the road. When he finally got behinde me and pulled me over it was over a mile past where he clocked me. I pulled off the road and turned the bike off, he jumped out of his truck and started frantically ordering me off the bike as I'm doing just that. Then he starts in on me, yelling the whole time. "do you think the people that live along here want thier kids playing outside with you flying by?". I wanted to answer by asking if he lets his kids play on the highway? I knowI don't!! The lecture continued with the same lack of intelligence for several minutes and included a threat of arrest and calling in a roadblock because I was "running" from him. After that he asked for my info and wrote me a ticket.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

All I ask is either lecture me and give me a warning, or give me a ticket and leave me the fuck alone. A ticket is plenty of lecture on its own!!

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Agreed Lecture or ticket not both. I have only ever gotten a ticket never a lecture.

And if your getting a lecture and your getting a ticket no point in being so nice anymore.

sugarrey
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
Damn kids! I did run from the cops about 15 years ago. I was revoked with no M endorsement. He pulled me over, as soon as he was halfway between me and his car I started it up and took off. As he chased me, I ducked down a private road and flew about 30 miles an hour into a corn field (corn was about 8' high (near wisconsin border). Anyways, 2 days later an officer showed up at the house with a warrant and handed 7 tickets to my moms to give to me at a later date. Needles to say I was a dumb f'in bitch for doing it, and obviously learned my lesson.

I didn't even get a lecture from the judge, just a might nice fine.

I'm with you. Give me a ticket and STFU

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM
Wait until he is finished then pull out your ear plugs and say "Sorry, sir. could you please repeat that?"

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Must have been a Gilpin County sheriff.

suzinpink
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
Wait until he is finished then pull out your ear plugs and say "Sorry, sir. could you please repeat that?"

:hump:Love it!!! Gotta remember that one!

I agree... 135mph on 470, BIG lecture... no ticket:) Even SP smokeys wanna head home after thier shift!

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
:hump:Love it!!! Gotta remember that one!

I agree... 135mph on 470, BIG lecture... no ticket:) Even SP smokeys wanna head home after thier shift!

Yea, until you ask if you can have "proof of the warning". :lol: Best story evar.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
He was trying to talk around the loudness of your mohawk.

edj
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Must have been a Gilpin County sheriff.

Sounds like Deputy J. R. Kimmel? The 'kids' in gilpin county are all running from the sheriffs on their dirt bikes before they grow up to become sheriff.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds like Deputy J. R. Kimmel? The 'kids' in gilpin county are all running from the sheriffs on their dirt bikes before they grow up to become sheriff.

One of these clowns:

Gilpin County Office of the Sheriff
Bruce W. Hartman, Sheriff
2960 Dory Hill Road, Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Admin (303) 582-1060
Emergency 911, Non-Emergency (303) 582-5500

Patrol Division
Map & Directions to the Gilpin County Justice Center (http://www.co.gilpin.co.us/Directions/JCMap.htm)

Administrators
Undersheriff Jon Bayne jbayne@co.gilpin.co.us
Captain Tonia Kapke kapke@co.gilpin.co.us
Lieutenant Tom Ihme tihme@co.gilpin.co.us

Staff
Investigator Bob Enney benney@co.gilpin.co.us
Sergeant Christian Martin cmartin@co.gilpin.co.us
Sergeant Joel Anderle janderle@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Brian Repp brepp@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Lee Ramsey lramsey@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Stace Williams swilliams@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Patric Stanton pstanton@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Jeff Collins jcollins@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Brian Encke bencke@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Jeremy Kimmel jkimmel@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy William Lukela wlukela@co.gilpin.co.us (wlukela@co.gilpin.co.us)
Deputy Brian Florez bflorez@co.gilplin.co.us

Keepitgreen
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
You should just contest it and request a trial by jury..
Close to the day of hearing, postpone it just to be a dick..
As soon as you say you want a trial, the DA will call you and try to plea out of court..
Might be less of a ticket if you go that route..

Hell, I did that in TX and it took about a year to get to court.. It was funny as the deputy was pissed he had to testify. I did my research and was my own council. I had him on the stand and drilled him and even made a motion to dismiss the case on something..
Jury sided with me.. Waahoo..

Matty
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
i got the same ticket with the exact same speed by probably the same guy in his truck last year.

BeoBe
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
i feel ya on the whole thing.. but i have to defend both ends.

On a positive note, maybe the cop was just tired of hearing of all the motorcycle deaths so he thought a good preaching would help? maybe he didn't get laid, hell whoknows.. its like a judge.. catch him on a bad day and its you who has to pay.. its fucked up but what can you do

fullgrownbear
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
i feel ya on the whole thing.. but i have to defend both ends.

On a positive note, maybe the cop was just tired of hearing of all the motorcycle deaths so he thought a good preaching would help? maybe he didn't get laid, hell whoknows.. its like a judge.. catch him on a bad day and its you who has to pay.. its fucked up but what can you do

Complain. A formal Complaint, written and signed, alleging the exact violation if his policy and procedure.

In this case, unnecessary rudeness, having his cake and eating it too. You are 100% correct about the old, either a lecture or a ticket. Not both.

200sr20
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
One of these clowns:

Gilpin County Office of the Sheriff
Bruce W. Hartman, Sheriff
2960 Dory Hill Road, Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Admin (303) 582-1060
Emergency 911, Non-Emergency (303) 582-5500

Patrol Division
Map & Directions to the Gilpin County Justice Center (http://www.co.gilpin.co.us/Directions/JCMap.htm)

Administrators
Undersheriff Jon Bayne jbayne@co.gilpin.co.us
Captain Tonia Kapke kapke@co.gilpin.co.us
Lieutenant Tom Ihme tihme@co.gilpin.co.us

Staff
Investigator Bob Enney benney@co.gilpin.co.us
Sergeant Christian Martin cmartin@co.gilpin.co.us
Sergeant Joel Anderle janderle@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Brian Repp brepp@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Lee Ramsey lramsey@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Stace Williams swilliams@co.gilpin.co.us
:doublefinger::doublefinger::doublefinger:Deputy Patric Stanton pstanton@co.gilpin.co.us:doublefinger::doublefinge r::doublefinger:
Deputy Jeff Collins jcollins@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Brian Encke bencke@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy Jeremy Kimmel jkimmel@co.gilpin.co.us
Deputy William Lukela wlukela@co.gilpin.co.us (wlukela@co.gilpin.co.us)

Deputy Brian Florez bflorez@co.gilplin.co.us

I have no idea who it was.........;)

Complain. A formal Complaint, written and signed, alleging the exact violation if his policy and procedure.

In this case, unnecessary rudeness, having his cake and eating it too. You are 100% correct about the old, either a lecture or a ticket. Not both.

I'll use your advise for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks

konichd
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Office Enke is no longer up there? :( I liked that guy, was always nice to see his face pulling me over....oh well :cry:

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Office Enke is no longer up there? :( I liked that guy, was always nice to see his face pulling me over....oh well :cry:

Deputy Brian Encke bencke@co.gilpin.co.us Shoot him an email and see if you guys can't do lunch or something :)