PDA

View Full Version : Carries Gixxer RIP 6-30-09

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Well the part that everyones been keeping secret is that yesterday ended with me lowsiding through a the tunnel on Wolf Creek on a Mountain Dew bottle in the middle of the road. I was going a little too fast and and at a lean...and no way to take myself out of it once the slide started. :cry:

The Gixxer is totaled. Timmay, Matty, Becky(who all took such great care of me), and MastaP who came and got me from Salida after crashing right after The Ski Resort on Wolf Creek....10 minutes after our picture at the divide.

So..the end of carbonfiberlicious....I am truly lucky. If I would have hit the wall...surely I would be dead. I was going at least 50+ and given the front pics of the bike..you can see I would have high sided into the wall. We all discussed it, just one of those things.

I am so bummed...as you all know how much I loved that bike and will miss it dearly...but, am still here thankfully and will be looking for a new bike as soon as I heal up. Here are the pics....:(

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Bummer girl. Get better, get another, and get back on.

GixxerCarrie
Given all the smiles this trip gave me tearfully...I am getting through this...but my pride hurts. Looking in my garage and not seeing my bike is killing me.

~Barn~
Glad you aren't too worse for the wear, Carrie. Hope you're okay.

asp_125
OUCH! Are you ok? Bikes can be replaced, Gixxercarries can't.

That snowshed is jinxed I tell ya. It claimed one of our group too.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Damn woman! Thank goodness you are here to talk about it.

I'm glad you had such good people looking after you, too.

Now, no more crashing!!!!

(and I can say that, considering my track record...got the riding down, now need to figure out how not to crash =))

Bueller
Wow, that's too bad, hope you are ok

Mister BOYD
:( Good to hear your okay. Too bad bout your beautimous bike! Next person you see liter out of their window.. Punch 'em in the junk as revenge for that stupid shit!

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Bummer girl. Get better, get another, and get back on.

Thanks Jeff...I plan on it. Just gotta get those knees healed up...and can you all imagine 160 more miles with my knees bent looking like that on the back of Timmays bike...I had to SUCK IT UP.

salsashark
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Ouch! Glad you're ok... bikes can be replaced...

That tunnel is a death trap. It almost got me when K_N and I were down there. Went into the tunnel with a fogged visor, then I hit the uneven asphalt between lanes and the back end stepped out on me. Luckily I was a bit more fortunate than you and made it out unscathed/

McVaaahhh
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Damn Carrie that majorly sucks, cause I know how much you loved all those "carben" goodies. :D

I'm glad you made it through relatively unscathed and I can't wait to see the next carbon beauty. :cheers:

asp_125
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Wolf Creek sucks you in... with its wide sweepers and multi-lanes. Then they had to spoil it with that snow shed and the curves on the west side at the bottom; where there's this wicked expansion joint running right in the line of travel.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I debated on whether to thread this or not...I have so many friends that I knew cared and felt you all needed to know....Thanks all...its why I love you all so much.

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Carrie, ya wanna have some brews and talk about it? Or talk about horses, or just have beers? Glad you are ok chica.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Damn Carrie! Sorry about the bike but still REALLY glad you're ok!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
The upper snow shed has always been squirrelly.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
I just dont want all of you disappointed in me....And yes...BEERS WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

DevilsTonic
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Noooooo!!!!! Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear about this! If you need anything, let me know even if it means throwing you on the back of the R1, just so you don't go through withdrawl too much.

Heal up quick, sister. You'll be back on a better bike in no time!

Tipys
Damn Carrie that sucks glad your ok. But it looks like you still could have rode it home. I mean ya on 1 wheel but it could have made it.

willb003
Sorry to hear that.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:55 PM
Noooooo!!!!! Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear about this! If you need anything, let me know even if it means throwing you on the back of the R1, just so you don't go through withdrawl too much.

Heal up quick, sister. You'll be back on a better bike in no time!

I might end up having to take you up on that Leah...

Damn Carrie that sucks glad your ok. But it looks like you still could have rode it home. I mean ya on 1 wheel but it could have made it.

Ohh...Trevor..I wish. Front rim was totally cracked front sprockets snapped in half...forks bent....If there was a will or a way...that bike would be with me...just no point given the damage.

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Carrie, wanna come over to my place or meet out? How about Deweys?

ghostrider_9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:56 PM
I am very sorry to hear about the bike, but very glad to hear that you are relative ok. If you need anything, feel free to give us a call . . . <PM'd you my number>

SaShWhO
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
trip how the front rim seperated at the spokes:crazy:
glad you're ok girl.

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Ohh...Trevor..I wish. Front rim was totally cracked front sprockets snapped in half...forks bent....If there was a will or a way...that bike would be with me...just no point given the damage.

Sounds like 700 dollars and it would be rideable again.

leadbedr
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hope you heal up quick.

The first and only time I rode through that tunnel I think I was going to like 30mph and it was a little sketchy.

OUCH! Are you ok? Bikes can be replaced, Gixxercarries can't.

That snowshed is jinxed I tell ya. It claimed one of our group too.

Did I see you guys on the way down?
I had the blk/gold gsxr.

Ceez
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Wow Carrie, I am so glad you are alright. Let me know if you need anything at all. I am so glad that this wasnt worse...like people have said, the bike can be replaced but a Gixxer Carrie is one of a kind. Heal up quick mama and if you ever want to take my Caddy of a Gixxer out for a ride, you are more then welcome to.

Sortarican
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM
I just dont want all of you disappointed in me....And yes...BEERS WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

No shame in crashing.
We still ride with Timmy and that guy once lowsided a hot air balloon.

First off I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you are.
Tunnel topples can turn you into a pinball real quick.

Secondly, check what the buy-back on it would be from insurance.
Re-build it into a track bike and get out there on the LOR races.

And thirdly, that ride was cursed from the beginning.
Did you guys ride through an indian burial ground on your way outta town or what?

... But it looks like you still could have rode it home. I mean ya on 1 wheel but it could have made it.

Really, Matty could have wheelied it home from there.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Wow Carrie...so sorry to hear about it! Very glad that you are relatively (considering) unscathed!

asp_125
Hope you heal up quick.

The first and only time I rode through that tunnel I think I was going to like 30mph and it was a little sketchy.

Did I see you guys on the way down?
I had the blk/gold gsxr.

The Red Katana from Iowa? Yup that was us!

64BonnieLass
Awww sister, I'm sorry to hear it. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Were you riding in Jeans?

SumoWeezle
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Damn Carrie, im sorry to hear about the bike but I am very glad to hear that you are alright!! As always, let me know if you need anything! Heal up and then let's go shoppin!

asp_125
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM

Ain't that the natural position of a Gixxer?

And girl, you better come down to Boston's next wed so we can give you a big ol hug!

Ceez
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Secondly, check what the buy-back on it would be from insurance.
Re-build it into a track bike and get out there on the LOR races.

+1...once the insurance totals it out, buy back is usually really cheap. Track that thing!!

gtn
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Wow! Sorry about the spill. I bet that was a miserable ride back.

Heal fast!

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
Front Sprocket?

It looks like it's a couple pieces of plastic and a new front end. Rebuilding the front end won't be really cheap, but still completely do-able and maybe not even totalled. If the frame isn't scratched then forks & a new wheel will only probby run ya $2k-ish I think

Snowman
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Looks to me like all that carbon fiber held up rather nicely. You just didn’t have enough of it.
Well, you can make that a priority on your next bike.

This could have (or will have) happen to any of us. It doesn’t matter how experienced we are or how well any of us ride. We have lost several good riders, who did the right thing at the right time but still turned out bad.

Please don’t look on this as something you could have prevented. From the sounds of it, once you lost traction, you did the exact right thing to save your life.

I’m just glad you’re ok.

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Front Sprocket?

It looks like it's a couple pieces of plastic and a new front end. Rebuilding the front end won't be really cheap, but still completely do-able and maybe not even totalled. If the frame isn't scratched then forks & a new wheel will only probby run ya $2k-ish I think

You forget the power of Ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=07+gsxr+600+front+wheel&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=07+gsxr+600&_osacat=0

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=07+gsxr+600+forks&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=07+gsxr+600+front+wheel&_osacat=0

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Awww sister, I'm sorry to hear it. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Were you riding in Jeans?

One of the lessons...yes...Riding pants were in the Saddle Bag...:banghead:

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM
I got dibs on the front, left, topmost windshield mounting screw.

gtn
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM
Did you get those rashed areas cleaned out professionally? You don't want an infection on top of everything else.

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Sounds like 700 dollars and it would be rideable again.

Matty where are ya??

Snowman
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, good idea… Buy it back and consider it your new track bike…

eg bter
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
bummer Carrie :(

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM
Did you get those rashed areas cleaned out professionally? You don't want an infection on top of everything else.

No...but been having Timmay kill me with Hydrogen peroxide every couple hours...rebandage...rewash...Thinking of going to the Dr...to use the iron brush seriously makes want to stick needles in my eyes. I'm waiting it out...if it starts to look infected I'll go...but I'm taking really good care of it.

Thank you for your concern tho....:)

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
When you are ready, take some baths in epsom salt. It will help pull some of the toxins out.

It might hurt, but not as bad as a scrub brush. :shocked:

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Make a pair of pants out of SOS pads and when wearing them, run flights of stairs in an office building for a few minutes.

It fixes itself!!

Snowman
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:28 PM
Oooo… You haven’t experienced life until they take a wire brush to your open road rash. :up:

Timmay
No...but been having Timmay kill me with Hydrogen peroxide every couple hours...rebandage...rewash...Thinking of going to the Dr...to use the iron brush seriously makes want to stick needles in my eyes. I'm waiting it out...if it starts to look infected I'll go...but I'm taking really good care of it.

Thank you for your concern tho....:)

UMMMM Hydrogen Peroxide rocks!

Devaclis
lol, it turns white and looks like fizzy lifting drinks!

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Haha, ouch Dana. That's just mean. Hahaha Ouch!!!!

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
When you are ready, take some baths in epsom salt. It will help pull some of the toxins out.

It might hurt, but not as bad as a scrub brush. :shocked:

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing Teri....Maybe tomorrow. Serious the burn without doing anything right now makes me want to :scream1:.

Sortarican
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
... Rebuilding the front end won't be really cheap, but still completely do-able and maybe not even totalled....

Inverted forks, so she might be luck and just need new tubes which aren't very expensive at all.
That, a new front wheel, track plastics and Viola!...track bike.
(That's going on the hope that the major frame and motor components are reusable.)

asp_125
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah...I was thinking the same thing Teri....Maybe tomorrow. Serious the burn without doing anything right now makes me want to :scream1:.

.. and then there's the itching as it scabs over.....oh the itching... ;)

McVaaahhh
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
You could probably talk the ins. company into buying that thing back for $1500 and then throw down another $1000 or so and blam, track biznitch! :up:

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
Oooo… You haven’t experienced life until they take a wire brush to your open road rash. :up:

Randall...such an experience I want to do without...Thanks for the pep talk this morning too....good friends all over the place.

And Jeff...no itching please.....:drink:< I think I need some of this

kawasakirob
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
The rash on your knees has to be unpleasant. Amazing how a $1.38 mountain dew bottle can cause all that damage. Heal up soon. My buds got a bike for you to ride if you are interested.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Those owies don't look bad enough to go get debrided.

kawasakirob
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Udder cream works amazing for that stuff

asp_125
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Neosporin :up: ...you can hardly see my scar from my lowside.

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Udder cream works amazing for that stuff

Are you talking about Bag Balm?

Devaclis
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
I will apply it!!!!!

kawasakirob
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
http://a6.vox.com/6a0110167e693f860d0110181f72be860f-200pi
Stuff works awesome. It heals everything up quickly as well.

konichd
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
Some mighty puddy and an hour I'd have that thing showroom :)

Glad your OK Carrie, be thankful as it could have been much worse.

Canuck
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 04:58 PM
I will apply it!!!!!

Damn you Dana. Ninja'd again.
I'm glad you are OK Carrie :)

Supa77
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear about this! Glad you are ok. If you need anything let me know.

0BEER:30
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
There is one cool thing about this though....those jeans would cost you about $200.00 at Nordstroms! Rock the holey grunge jeans sista!

Seriously though.....So glad you're ok. I kinda got a bad feeling about that ride the moment Gene got the call about Piezie. So sorry for the loss of your baby and heal soon.

Repsol a095
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Carrie,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you heal up soon. Let me know if you want to be known as FJRCarrie because I have a great one for sale!!!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hey, glad to hear you are in good spirits too!!
I know you been down worst roads and always came out better then before.
Also, I am glad to hear you are shopping for another gixxer cause...
CBRCarrie just doesnt work
R-1Carrie sounds so military
YammyCarrie sounds childish
FJRCarrie sounds old
But DucCarrie has a good ring to it!!! Kinda like you are on a safari.....

and another thing, all your 7 or 8 jackets match the blue gixxer!!

Heal up fast and see you soon..

cromer611
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Hey, glad to hear you are in good spirits too!!
I know you been down worst roads and always came out better then before.
Also, I am glad to hear you are shopping for another gixxer cause...
CBRCarrie just doesnt work
R-1Carrie sounds so military
YammyCarrie sounds childish
FJRCarrie sounds old
But DucCarrie has a good ring to it!!! Kinda like you are on a safari.....

and another thing, all your 7 or 8 jackets match the blue gixxer!!

Heal up fast and see you soon..

NinjaCarrie sounds awesome!

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM

PLUS 100 and I would have to stop making fun of you.

misslady303
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Carrie!!!

Omg woman glad you are alright! Damn that fool who tossed out the mountain dew bottle. I'm with whomever that was that said we should junk punch anyone we see littering. LOL ; ) But seriously glad you ok darlin! And glad you gonna get another bike too!!! :cool::cool:

LiQuIdAiR=OTB=
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:38 PM
damn, when I saw the title to this thread i freaked out. I'm happy you can still ride and are in the process of recovering. God speed!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM

+1 :D

Bueller
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Time for that Buell yet? :)

y_merkle
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
So sorry to hear about your accident. Not sure what hurts worse, the road rash or seeing your baby in pieces. Just remember NO Ninja...GIXXER FOR LIFE! Heal quickly.

DRKATO1
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the road rash club.
It made me a better rider in the long run.
Of the 30+ years of riding I've done.
I do have some spare front end parts for an 07 600
Pm me,it could take a couple hours of work and you could
Be riding again

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Wow, sorry to hear it. Glad you're ok. Make sure to scrub those wounds out and get ALL the crud out and keep neosporin on it or you'll get a nasty infection.

Best of luck and get well soon.....and get another Gixxer soon as well!

FZRguy
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:35 PM
Glad you’re okay. Do not let the rash dry out and scab over! Use A&D ointment or Neosporin and change the bandage at least twice a day. Hydro Peroxide is kinda harsh and can damage skin cells. Use soap, water and a clean washcloth and scrub til it bleeds bright red (this needs to be done asap and you may be too late for it). Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Matty
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM
I wish i took a picture of the other side of Carrie's bike. That's the side that hit the wall.

Ya that tunnel was decieving. On the way up towards Durango it was just a normal looking sweeping left turn going up hill. Ya it was tunnel but you could see through it from the start. On the way back, with it sweeping right and going downhill you couldn't see through the tunnel past the apex. Which definitely made it a lil more scary.

I was in front and came in a lil too. Fortunately i had a chance to downshift a gear and scrub some speed. I looked back behind me and saw Carrie holding her line about half a foot from the double yellow line untill all of a sudden the bike lowsided. After looking where the bike slid out you could see that if she didn't hit the Mountain Dew bottle she wouldn't have gone down. She probably wouldn't have even gone wide. Oh well shit happens. Just one of those things you don't ever to expect but should. I'm just happy Carrie only came out with some scratches and a bruised ego.

And as for the bike being salvagable. Maybe, but it would cost way more than the insurance company would wanna pay for. Besides the wheels and the rotors being broken. She mangled the fork tubes, broke the triple clamp, smashed in the radiator and oil cooler, broke the clutch cover, and her slider on the left side slighty tweaked the frame where it was mounted at.

Like everyone else has said glad you're alright girl. And even happier that you had the mindset to let go of the bike and not tense up and hold on.

dapper
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Good to hear that you made it out alive.

Some people dig scar's...

The pride/ego heals quicker with a new bike. :D

Elisa
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry Carrie! I hope you feel better soon.

Advice from my doctor about deep wounds is to use Silvadene cream instead of neosporin because your body can start to reject the neosporin and scar worse. Don't let the wounds get dry, that too makes the scarring worse and healing can take longer. So keep it moist. Additionally you should stop with the Peroxide, it actually kills heathy skin cells and can impede healing. Hopefully helpful advise second hand from a doctor. Silvadene cream is amazing but you can only get it through a prescription, so I hope you consider seeing the doctor just for an assessment and to ensure a speedy recovery.

Get well!

Tipys
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry Carrie! I hope you feel better soon.

Advice from my doctor about deep wounds is to use Silvadene cream instead of neosporin because your body can start to reject the neosporin and scar worse. Don't let the wounds get dry, that too makes the scarring worse and healing can take longer. So keep it moist. Additionally you should stop with the Peroxide, it actually kills heathy skin cells and can impede healing. Hopefully helpful advise second hand from a doctor. Silvadene cream is amazing but you can only get it through a prescription, so I hope you consider seeing the doctor just for an assessment and to ensure a speedy recovery.

Get well!

Silvadene is the shitzit (I wonder if I have any left). I had it when I burn my stomach.

Slo
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Glad you're not worse off Carrie.... Looks like the bike had a hell of an impact for that front wheel to bust out all the spokes... along with the rest of the bike.

Vehicle 1
Wed Jul 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
Just ran into this thread and the tittle scared the shit out of me when I read it fast... geez

GLAD you are ok! Except the nice little "knee pucks"...

That tunnel scared me a couple times before, I will be there tomorrow. I'll stop and pay my respects to the old gixxer:(

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
Thank you all for the support....Nurse Jeena is coming with Lidacane tonight after her shift at the hospital to clean me out again tonight....

Daniel-DUCCARRIE...lol. Thank you for all your support. You know couldn't have made it though this past year without you.
Jay-Yes...hellza of an impact.
Diego-Yes..its scares the crap out of me now too...lol. I didn't mean to scare anyone.
Bueller...what name will I go by if I got one? lmao?

Thank you all for you support!

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks Eliza...had Jeena look at them last night...hence why shes coming over tonight. My nurse is taking good care of me!

There is one cool thing about this though....those jeans would cost you about $200.00 at Nordstroms! Rock the holey grunge jeans sista!

Seriously though.....So glad you're ok. I kinda got a bad feeling about that ride the moment Gene got the call about Piezie. So sorry for the loss of your baby and heal soon.

Thanks Tiff...know I'll be seeing u soon. Yeah Timmay says they bring sexy back...lol. Should have seen the napkins and electrical tape we used until we could get first aid...lol.

Those owies don't look bad enough to go get debrided.

Thats what I think...Jeff...all they do is SUCK.

Carrie!!!

Omg woman glad you are alright! Damn that fool who tossed out the mountain dew bottle. I'm with whomever that was that said we should junk punch anyone we see littering. LOL ; ) But seriously glad you ok darlin! And glad you gonna get another bike too!!! :cool::cool:

Yes...I told Timmay he cant drink Mountain Dew anymore:scream1:! I will get though this..just day by day.

I think we are going to have a everyone get in my SUV and hit all the shops day!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
They make MONSTER decals for dirtbikes....:idea:
Wonder if they make MOUNTAIN DEW decals for sportbikes???
Carrie on her GixxerDew!!!:pointlaugh:

Devaclis
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I am a fan of:

CarrieBulTaco

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Carrie's new racing slogan: "Down the Dew!"

Snowman
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
So you're saying a green bike is out?

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM
So you're saying a green bike is out?
So's Red & Blue (Mt. Dew Code Blue & Code Red)

Devaclis
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Were you playing Horde or Alliance? I think you got ganked :(

http://geekadelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wow_dew.jpg

Snowman
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
What level was that Mountain Dew bottle to have caused that much damage?

Devaclis
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
It was a twinked level 29.

Snowman
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
That’s some sneaky shit.
Wouldn’t you normally they just place a troll in a tunnel for an ambush attack?

Wyck
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
OMG girl sorry to hear! Glad you are okay. Gotta post up pics of the new bike when you get one!

jaredm85
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
hope youre feelin better ... i seriously thought you were screwing with me when i got your text... we will go shopping for a new bike for you!

TheStig
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
Glad to hear you are ok, that looks like it could have been much much worse! As everyone else said, bikes are replaceable...gixxercarries are not :).

Horsman
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Glad you are alive... just don't DEW it again!!!
I think you need to cauterize those wounds with a Ka-bar.... Get well soon honey!!!

chanke4252
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
One of the lessons...yes...Riding pants were in the Saddle Bag...:banghead:

That sucks, I was gonna ask what you wore. What other injuries did you have besides skinned up legs? I didn't see you list those.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
That sucks, I was gonna ask what you wore. What other injuries did you have besides skinned up legs? I didn't see you list those.

Thats it...2 skinned up legs...look back at the pic and my elbow. Other than that the bruises are coming out now...and its catching up with me...I'm tired and sore. The more hours that pass the more I know how lucky I was.:) Maybe we can get Timmay to describe my fall...when I knew I was going, I let go of the bike...Skidded, tumbled about 4 times and skidded more. Leather ICON jacket. Jeans. My A-Star boots and ICON gloves. Jacket is scathed...now just memorbillia. My Arai helmet only has a scratch on the facemask. Other than that you cant see impact anywhere. Matty and I actually discussed tonight what it would have been like if I would have had my goretex fieldsheers on...better worse we will never know. My guess...as they would have burned into me. Amazingly if you look at the elbow, which at deepest point you can see the bone, and look at the jacket-not one scratch on that arm of the jacket, the other side tore up. Weird!

Honestly...I have the best friends ever.

And...love all the names...Dana my new one under my name is for you and Timmay. I see a Gixxer in my future.

No...definately not going green...SCREW MTN DEW. Doin the Dew sucks!

Thanks all....Jared and Randall for stoppin and seeing me yesterday. Dana, Sweetie Pie, Sully, Jeena, Timmay, Lindsey, Chris, Jeff (Sort), Jeff N_N, Matty, Daniel your daily phone calls, John Horseman for bein so worried. Dont know where I'd be without you alls!:)

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Carrie-

Glad your alright! Heal up quick.

MikeG
Thu Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
It is just terrible to hear that this happened! I am very glad to know that you are ok, you'll be back before you can say cat in the hat

Bueller
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
CarrieAwsome

Tipys
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:50 AM
Nice new Avtar and sig line
GixxerCarrie (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=4057)
Crash Bandicooch!
Yearly Supporter

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/customavatars/avatar4057_6.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=4057)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic4057_2.gifMountain Dew SUCKS

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Crash Bandicooch!
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/customavatars/avatar4057_6.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=4057)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic4057_2.gifMountain Dew SUCKS

LOL. Happy you're Ok Carrie.

thatmofo
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM

+1.

Sorry that you had to join 2009s low side club though.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
CarrieAwsome

lolz.....I'm actually debating it.

And damns it...I didn't want to be the lowside 2009 club...I got dewd into it!!!!!!!:cry:

Glad you like my new Avatar...I had to start to have some humor with this....:)

Bueller
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Back when I was racing /crashing, I kept highsiding my bike. I said to my self why, why is it always a highside? Next thing you know I am lowsiding everything. It was an improvement for sure :lol:

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Back when I was racing /crashing, I kept highsiding my bike. I said to my self why, why is it always a highside? Next thing you know I am lowsiding everything. It was an improvement for sure :lol:

Well...lets just try and put the high's/and lows behind me with the new bike!!! Which even though I limp around right now....I'm already looking for!:)

I continue to like torture....:alien:

Vehicle 1
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
I stopped there yesterday on my way to Durango... Did the bike end up going up the wall like 7-8ft? There were some gnarly scrapes up there, possibly from the rim... I was thinking about you, it must have been scary crashing in there! I took it easy...

Hope you are healing ok.

D.

Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
I had to start to have some humor with this....:)

That's why we love you so much....you find the funny in everything. You're like our own lil personal SuNsHiNe! 8)

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
I like G2C....Gixxer2Carrie
like the old gaterade, only better!!:crazy:
Faster and lighter.....:rock:

can't wait to see you back in the saddle...

FZRguy
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
What were you wearing under your jacket (I’m guessing bare skin on your arms)? I wear long sleeve Under Armor heat wear. It fits tight and is slick and will slide under your jacket, rather than take your skin off.

GixxerCarrie
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I stopped there yesterday on my way to Durango... Did the bike end up going up the wall like 7-8ft? There were some gnarly scrapes up there, possibly from the rim... I was thinking about you, it must have been scary crashing in there! I took it easy...

Hope you are healing ok.

D.

That would be where.....And it had to be the front tire...thats what impacted first. I am healin...but its gettin really annoying!!!

That's why we love you so much....you find the funny in everything. You're like our own lil personal SuNsHiNe! 8)

Aww...Tiff..Thank you. Loves you too!!!! Had a great time talkin to you and Gene last night(thanks Gene for the pep talk) and my baby Ethan...loves him!

I like G2C....Gixxer2Carrie
like the old gaterade, only better!!:crazy:
Faster and lighter.....:rock:

can't wait to see you back in the saddle...

I can't wait to get back in the saddle...you know its buggin...and we will have to pick like the top 4 and do a poll...lol. Thanks for continuing to check in with me Daniel...I know its cause u know i'm bummed.

What were you wearing under your jacket (I’m guessing bare skin on your arms)? I wear long sleeve Under Armor heat wear. It fits tight and is slick and will slide under your jacket, rather than take your skin off.

I was wearing a tank top....and we had been doing heats of 90+ all weekend. All items to learn from. I have the under Armor heat wear, the cold wear, I have pants...just had ridden 900+ miles already and took things for granted. Its like the blind corner and never knowing whats going to be around it. I took my saftey for granted given how much we had traveled. Not the best judgement call looking back...would have should haves dont count anymore...just got to crack this up as a learning experience...but I sincerely thank you for your concern and advice.

Hi11Zone
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Thats why , no matter how hott, i wear full leathers. Good ur ok!

Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:37 AM
^^^^^^As much as I hate the heat from wearing leathers now, I'm sure it's hotter in hell.:fire: So I'll gladly wear them and stay here on earth a little longer.

bodhizafa
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Wow.....good to hear your ok.

mopoet178
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM
may I request someone to google.maps this for me? I still have no idea where we are talking about. Thanks

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Damn girl sucks to hear about that, at least you are ok though.. With all the crap going on lately it sucks to get on here everyday wondering if someone you know on here was killed or something.. i dread it.

Looks like you didn't get hurt too bad though other then some road rash which is a good thing.. You didn't break or bruise any bones or anything did you?

Also not meaning to bring this up if its a bad time or anything, but did ins take your bike or what happened to your ride? Also is insurance gonna cover it or anything towards getting you a new one?

GixxerCarrie
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Looks like you didn't get hurt too bad though other then some road rash which is a good thing.. You didn't break or bruise any bones or anything did you?

Also not meaning to bring this up if its a bad time or anything, but did ins take your bike or what happened to your ride? Also is insurance gonna cover it or anything towards getting you a new one?

Nope...No breaks at all. Which I account to the way I fell, I just went limp.... I hit that left knee and rt elbow and then rolled and did the skid. I kept on trying to get to my back.

We all debated...in the end I have State Farm and called my agent got a tow and it is in Pagosa Springs...I have released my bike to the insurance company so they can start to assess...but yes...I have title and full coverage. Its all the extras that I had put on that I most likely wont get my money back on...but I'm going to try my hardest. My pazzo levers only made it a month damns it. Ironically all my carbon fiber after market held up...but where were we going to put anything we took off? I figure they got the bike sometime Wed or Thur. So...a day this week....I'll find out more and let you all know.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 07:10 AM
may I request someone to google.maps this for me? I still have no idea where we are talking about. Thanks

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/7-2KJeE1lL

Highway 160 just east of Pagosa Springs

Tipys
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 07:15 AM
With you extra goodies you should have good and hind them next to the road and came back for them with 4 wheels.

Motodrew
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Holy smokes Carrie! Glad you are ok! Thats quite the unfortunate incident!! I've been out of town for a week & just read the thread! Don't pick your scabs. :)

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
either way carrie totally glad that you are ok! :)

200sr20
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Damn!!! I just saw this thread, sorry to see this Carrie!!! I'm glad your ok!

GixxerCarrie
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Being at work for the first time today...not kidding...my knees are killing me. I mean if I wanted torture...shouldn't I be into something else? Wowsa!

Thanks to all my well wishers! I'm going to be back on a mystery bike before you know it!

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Aww, I bet having to sit with your knees bent all day is a pain. Get any chances to get up and walk around?

Horsman
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Being at work for the first time today...not kidding...my knees are killing me. I mean if I wanted torture...shouldn't I be into something else? Wowsa! "PLAY POLISH HORSESHOES WITH JEFF AND DANA"

Thanks to all my well wishers! I'm going to be back on a mystery bike before you know it! "YAMMMMMAAAAHAAAAAAA" it is resistant to Mt Dews and Nos Energy Drinks!!!! :drink:

GixxerCarrie
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I do...but it is friggin killing me Dana....This is the worst of all worst. I've already been in tears a couple times...ROAD RASH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can it heal already!

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
That sucks chica :(

Can't you work from home and take some good tranq's?

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Keep the wounds moist. If they get dry it turns into a nightmare. If they are drying out get a tube of aloe from one of the tree hugger stores. I hope you can wear shorts.

Horsman
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I do...but it is friggin killing me Dana....This is the worst of all worst. I've already been in tears a couple times...ROAD RASH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can it heal already!

Get Well Soon!!! That really does suck. Just try to stay off your knees... :cool:

Try getting "Cetaphil" that might help...
http://www.tulumba.com/mmTULUMBA/Images/302993917809_250.jpg

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Carrie, when it hurts, think of this:

I know a guy right now, who has road rash over 90% of his body. He is being treated as a burn victim.

Road rash on his face, chest, back, arms. legs, genitals, ass, feet, everywhere! They hit him with the wire brush last week and he is STILL seeping gravel from his wounds. His hospital bed is covered with asphalt when he gets out of it.

Now, don't think of that and imagine how much it must hurt. Think of how lucky you are and how little your wounds hurt in comparison. :) Hope that helps a little.

Stank Juic3
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Geeee glad your ok. That bike can be fixed with a lil TLC. But I bet you wont drink Mountian Dew anytime soon.

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/elmendorf1/Mountain-Do-Me.gif

Tylar
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:24 PM
oooof, girl. Glad to see you're okay.

dmad
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Glad you're ok Carrie!

dmad

Ricky
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Holy crap! All from a Mountain Dew bottle? That's crazy! Glad to hear you're ok :)

Horsman
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Did it look like this when you hit it???
http://www.dewknight.com/images/dew2full.jpg

Ceez
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Could of ended up like this....

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3870539#post3870539

Sean
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Glad you're okay.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Did it look like this when you hit it???
http://www.dewknight.com/images/dew2full.jpg
Dude! Where'd you get my high school senior yearbook picture???

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Holy crap! All from a Mountain Dew bottle? That's crazy! Glad to hear you're ok :)
See, if you'd put some NOS energy drink in your Gixxer's tank then you woulda sped through that bottle and blown it up with raw horsepower. :D

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
See, if you'd put some NOS energy drink in your Gixxer's tank then you woulda sped through that bottle and blown it up with raw horsepower. :D

Oh Yeah
http://webtools.gieskes.nl/pages/images/explosion.gif

Mizzybeff
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM
OMG!!! sorry I have been so busy and haven't gotten on here a little over a week. Im so sorry to hear carrie! Heal up soon.

Skinbabe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry to hear your still in pain Carrie!! Hope you get better soon!! (and if your insurance company gives you any shit on the bike, hit me up!)

Snowman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I take it you have some way of getting them to pay up that doesn’t involve C4?

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear your still in pain Carrie!! Hope you get better soon!! (and if your insurance company gives you any shit on the bike, hit me up!)

I'll let you know...I'm getting all the crap together for all my carbonfiberlicious stuff today and they said they would replace the helmet too....I'm up to over 2G so far. But they did tell me its a total loss this morning...poor blue gixxer!!!:cry:

Devaclis
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
At least you are covered by ins. :) That is great news!

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'll let you know...I'm getting all the crap together for all my carbonfiberlicious stuff today and they said they would replace the helmet too....I'm up to over 2G so far. But they did tell me its a total loss this morning...poor blue gixxer!!!:cry:

That is good news... You'll be back on a new bike in no time....
Don't forget to dew your Deep Knee bends and to wear Dana's famous Steel Wool pants when you do your staircase jog... :hump:

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:03 PM
At least you are covered by ins. :) That is great news!
+1!

Now you gotta use the money they give ya get a red one & call it Phoenix since it rose from the ashes of Carbonfiberlicious!

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM
+1!

Now you gotta use the money they give ya get a red one & call it Phoenix since it rose from the ashes of Carbonfiberlicious!

No, you gotta use the money they give ya get a Black one & call it "Raven" since you left Carbonfiberlicious "Stark Raven Mad"!!!

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
No, you gotta use the money they give ya get a Black one & call it "Raven" since you left Carbonfiberlicious "Stark Raven Mad"!!!
Or she could get a green Kawi & call it "The Dew"

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Dooh!!! :slappers:

Skinbabe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
They should also pay for your jacket and any other cloths that were damaged.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
^^I dunno, they might not pay for any additional parts past $2k. When my 500 went down they coutned my gear as aftermarket stuff, but said they'd only cover $2k of aftermarket anything (i.e. pipe, rearsets, windscreen, jacket, helmet, etc.).

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
They should also pay for your jacket and any other cloths that were damaged.

Can she get anything else??? Anything for her skinned Knees???

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
lmao...they said the jacket isn't included...but, I upped the price on my ARAI..cause they don't sell it anymore. Ill let you know how I come out tomorrow afternoon. My coverage says 3K for other stuff? So...we'll see what I can push. If I can get the strength other than the interwebs...Im stopping by Fay on the way home...if not its Road Trip to Utah...For the mystery bike.giggles.

Skinbabe
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah, it depends on how the policy reads. Ask them why they would cover the helmet and not the jacket. If you have 3k for other stuff there should be enough to cover your gear. Who is the insurance company?

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Its State Farm...Settled for 7900 last night. (Book on Bike was 6500). They wouldn't cover all my carbonfiberlicious parts. If the bike I'm crossin my fingers for doesn't sell tonight...I'll have my mystery bike Saturday afternoon. Given..I won't be riding for awhile yet...but I'm a hopin.

Thanks again for everyones support!!!!

Tylar
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Its State Farm...Settled for 7900 last night. (Book on Bike was 6500). They wouldn't cover all my carbonfiberlicious parts. If the bike I'm crossin my fingers for doesn't sell tonight...I'll have my mystery bike Saturday afternoon. Given..I won't be riding for awhile yet...but I'm a hopin.

Thanks again for everyones support!!!!

Good luck, Carrie.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
And Chris...F to that....I am butting nothing GREEN!!!!!!:alien:

And thanks Tylar...if its meant to be it will be!

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
DAMN IT...just got sold...knew I should have went after it last night...just couldn't. This girl is flat worn out....guess it wasn't meant to be.:banghead:

Matty
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
DAMN IT...just got sold...knew I should have went after it last night...just couldn't. This girl is flat worn out....guess it wasn't meant to be.:banghead:
so what was the Mystery bike going to be?

Devaclis
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
You will get yer bike woman :) Hope the knee heals up soon. If ya wanna take out MY Suzuki, let me know. I will even deliver it to ya.

FZRguy
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:58 PM
There is always another bike to buy.

chanke4252
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Well, I guess that's not terrible for only missing the riding pants. I would imagine that going down in a tunnel would be a nightmare. I take it you're going to be an ATGATT disciple from now on? I'm getting there, but I always wear armor from the knee down under jeans, and leather up top. That business of road rash and resulting bone exposure around the knees is terrifying imo.

Best of luck with the recuperation.

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Totally off-subject, but could someone explain the chick with the green top in so many of your avatars?

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:43 AM
so what was the Mystery bike going to be?

It was another Gixxer 07 all black...2700 miles. Already had aftermarkets for 5900. Looked like a steal to me...Just no way to do it til the weekend.

You will get yer bike woman :) Hope the knee heals up soon. If ya wanna take out MY Suzuki, let me know. I will even deliver it to ya.

LOLZ...Thank you Dana! As Randall said...sometime the bike picks the rider. And not like I don't have time. I still walk like an old lady Dana!

There is always another bike to buy.
True...I just want to move past it and as everyone knows my patience level is ummmm 0. So I try and just get stuff done. I don't even have my check yet. But, good for me to be lookin.

Skinbabe
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Totally off-subject, but could someone explain the chick with the green top in so many of your avatars?
I believe that's Terry for the ass-vitars! LOL

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM

Onstanding Joke with Teri/BonnieLass. Its here top, and its more about butt shots...as she is a good friend of all of ours. so :slappers:inside joke!

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Well, I guess that's not terrible for only missing the riding pants. I would imagine that going down in a tunnel would be a nightmare. I take it you're going to be an ATGATT disciple from now on? I'm getting there, but I always wear armor from the knee down under jeans, and leather up top. That business of road rash and resulting bone exposure around the knees is terrifying imo.

Best of luck with the recuperation.

Yes...This is 13 Days later...Pics from this morning that I sent my boss on why I was not coming in. IMO the left knee with what I would consider bone bruises...is kickin my ass!

Matty
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
:puke: luv ya....

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
As long as I'm going to be tortured...figured I would continue with you all...and we can continue on what happens if you don't have the right equipment on! You look like me!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:13 AM
You need to look into this stuff:

http://www.bestinsoles.com/productImages/spenco/47-019.jpg

http://www.nextag.com/spenco-2nd-skin/search-html

Mental
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM

As has been said, thats Terri...AND YOU WILL FEAR AND RESPECT HER BACKSIDE!!!!!

On another note, um...you seem to be healing well...and thats great...but amd I am insensitive prick if i ask when you are gonna start selling the good bits that survived?

Sully
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Attend bike night and you'll know :devil2:.. muauahahahah... :lol:

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:45 AM
You need to look into this stuff:

http://www.bestinsoles.com/productImages/spenco/47-019.jpg

http://www.nextag.com/spenco-2nd-skin/search-html

Thanks Jeff..Order placed.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
As has been said, thats Terri...AND YOU WILL FEAR AND RESPECT HER BACKSIDE!!!!!

On another note, um...you seem to be healing well...and thats great...but amd I am insensitive prick if i ask when you are gonna start selling the good bits that survived?

Let them keep it...don't want any of it...Doomed.:alien:

Elisa
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Yes...This is 13 Days later...Pics from this morning that I sent my boss on why I was not coming in. IMO the left knee with what I would consider bone bruises...is kickin my ass!

Holy crap that looks painful. Heal, heal, heal!!!!

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Except for the road rash, nice legs! Next time could you scrape your boobies a little?

Just kidding; except for the "nice legs" part. I meant that part.

Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
:leghump: ^^^^^^ literally!

Horsman
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM

That wonderful arse is Terri's. Isn't she Hawt!!!!

Horsman
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Like Wyck would say "are you bruised in your bone???"

Wyck
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Glad you're looking a little better but sorry you're still hurting :(

GixxerCarrie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Like Wyck would say "are you bruised in your bone???"

And Bad to the Bone! lol!

Jason ON
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I haven't been on CSC for a while and just learned of this. Sorry Carrie. That sucks.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM

NOTE TO SELF...
never eat a ham sandwich will reading CSC forum....

Tylar
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:37 PM
NOTE TO SELF...
never eat a ham sandwich will reading CSC forum....

that's an interesting visual.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 01:43 AM
And Bad to the Bone! lol!

BARK BARK :roll:

GOD ...............................

GixxerCarrie
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Calm down there Jeff...all in fun.

Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Damn girl you need some sleep. I just noticed when all your posts were made. GO TO SLEEP!

ekim12144
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Was out of town, Sorry to hear about your crash carrie. Glad you are healing ok. I am close to getting my bike finished up from my high side earlier this year. Good luck on getting mystery bike

DK74
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
carrie, glad you are ok. get better soon and hope you get another pretty one!

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Aww thanks. Everyday is getting better!!! Jeffs tip on that second skin for the road rash was the bomb. Its healed twice as fast...and Hopin the mystery bike is ready to disclose in the next week or two...I can't ride anyway yet. My mind is telling me yes...but my body, my body is telling me NFW!~

Devaclis
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Not For Work?

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Bwahhahahahahaha! Not for work..not for nothing! Just putting my foot on the peg with my knee in the bent position can bring a tear to my eye on that left knee Dana...the swelling is down now...and bruise is getting better under the rash.

Devaclis
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
That sucks. Are you taking any kind of anti-inflammatory meds or doing any stretching to keep it loose?

Sortarican
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM
When are you thinking of doing the big shopping trip?

Horsman
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Can you show us the Mystery Machine???

GixxerCarrie
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
That sucks. Are you taking any kind of anti-inflammatory meds or doing any stretching to keep it loose?

Actually did start strectching had me worried...and its getting better. Stiff every morning though. Never been to the doc..member I tough chic(:bs:) So its gettin better...was 2 weeks yesterday..just taking its sweet time.

When are you thinking of doing the big shopping trip?
Did the majors this last weekend(Fay, GP, RPM,Vic) just to look. No used that even brought a twinkle. Closest thing was a 08 "new" GSXR -600 still on the floor which they wanted 8 for plus tax and fees. Tried to deal. Got the big :no:. So been shoppin around used bikes...(Sullys even had me looking in Utah for the sweet love of baby jesus). Lookin at prices and what I got for the bike I'm better off with used and cash in my pocket. I'll send you what I find....

Matty
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 04:38 PM
check OTD cycles on Colfax just west of Quebec.

GixxerCarrie
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Here she is....Still doing mods...but Here is my first from last night.

Bueller
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Congrats! looks great.

Vehicle 1
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM
:cheers: sweet bike!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM
nice bike!!
Now you dont have to get a new jacket!!

R6Blake101
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
cool bike. another gixxer eh

DevilsTonic
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Congrats Carrie, glad to see you back in the saddle already.

asp_125
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Nice! 07?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Nice, congrats! Now, PLEASE don't "mod" it like the other one.......:(

Hope you're all healed up.

Tipys
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
BOOOOOOO that bikes isn't green.

mastap07
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
ya it looks alright... but one would think you woulda learned from the first gsxr...

Tylar
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
nice bike, Carrie.

puckstr
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Very Nice bike.

Damn I want a bike

GixxerCarrie
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Nice, congrats! Now, PLEASE don't "mod" it like the other one.......:(

Hope you're all healed up.

Almost healed up....and no mods are different this time no Carbon Fiber..lol.

BOOOOOOO that bikes isn't green.

Trev..after hitting a mountain dew bottle you really think I was going to go green..No WAY

ya it looks alright... but one would think you woulda learned from the first gsxr...

I did learn so I bought another!

cool bike. another gixxer eh

Yup...I'm Gixxer Trash.

Very Nice bike.

Damn I want a bike

Why Thanks...I like it too! And Jeff yes it a 07 750.

dapper
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Congrats Carrie!

Wyck
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:46 AM
OOOOOOH she's purty! :)

GixxerCarrie
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys/gals...I like her too:oops:

Riverdog
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Nice bike... Not bad you replaced your bike before completely healing. Hope the pain is gone enough for you to be back riding soon.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:02 PM

badass :up: ---- Ride, therefore you can :siesta:

asp_125
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Lemme know when you're up for riding again.

GixxerCarrie
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
This weekend? lol!

~Barn~
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Nice choice. :up:

niko303
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hey Carrie very very nice and never mind what that guy said about learning from the other Gixxer what ever...and its not only alright either,,,good choice for sure it is very pretty...right on girl ,,,

Tipys
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Trev..after hitting a mountain dew bottle you really think I was going to go green..No WAY

Kawi and Dew have nothing to do with each other. Now Kawi and monster go together and monster is made by Budwiser still no dew there.

Yami on the other hand
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/2935769957_4475e303bf.jpg?v=0

Ceez
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Jealous...congrats

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 06:50 AM
This weekend? lol!

let me know when and where to meet!

gtn
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Congratulations on a hawt lookin new bike, healing fast, and having the drive to get back on!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks....all...Daniel..let me know when your riding this weekend...I'll be there.

FZRguy
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I don't recall reading....was this Dew bottle that brought you down glass or plastic? Single serve size or larger?

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Plastic Bottle-Single Serving...and my neighbor drove through the tunnel this weekend. It is still there!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks....all...Daniel..let me know when your riding this weekend...I'll be there.
will do, want to ride and end up at Waynes BBQ in superior

Sully
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
:yumyum:... bbq time !

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Yup...that works for me !!!!!!!

PoweredMotives
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
WOW! Glad you are ok! nice new bike btw ;

jaredm85
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Nice carrie! lets ride!

eklew
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Carrie, nice new bike!!!! Stretch her legs out down at Pueblo on 8/16!!!!! You know you want to!!!!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
WOW! Glad you are ok! nice new bike btw ;
Thanks...I like it too:)

Nice carrie! lets ride!

We are going to...longer rides are going to need some knee stretching...lol.

Carrie, nice new bike!!!! Stretch her legs out down at Pueblo on 8/16!!!!! You know you want to!!!!

Eldon...are you kidding me?:cry: I'm still leary all together. My ass needs to back up the truck and get back to business of learning for a few. Was getting too confident for my own good.