PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Steps Down

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
LoL!

Also, can MSNBC pleaaaasse stop sucking her dick.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4819-Cable-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d3-Sarah-Palin-steps-down-as-Governor-of-Alaska

sugarrey
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
She could sell the clothes she bought from her "closet budget" and feed AFRICA. Screw this lady, I'm not feeling her.

R1NORI
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
She would have done more than that other guy!!
Who is our president again?
Haven't heard from him in awhile

cause he hasn't done SHIT!!!!!

zetaetatheta
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
She can't even run Alaska without quitting. Fuck her and her hypocrisy!

sugarrey
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, she was weak sauce.

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
She was hot sauce :hump:

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
^ Truth. Red neck delicious. I wanted a piece of that bear-trap.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
She would have done more than that other guy!!
Who is our president again?
Haven't heard from him in awhile
cause he hasn't done SHIT!!!!!

I'm sorry, I don't recall typing/reading/hallucinating "Obama" anywhere in the title or post. Way to redirect the subject. Sarah Palin, on the other hand:

- Ok'd a virtual natural gas monopoly in Alasaka to the worst company that bidded, including subsidizing them with $500mm in change to start their project.

- Cut intrastate road construction to the tune of $300mm. Exactly what Alaska needs, no doubt.

- Fired the Public Saftey Commissioner because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law, who was in a custody battle with her sister, for their kids.

- Muddled heavily in the investigation of her actions in firing the PSC.

- And lets not forget the bridge to nowhere, which she partially built, stopped building after everybody went "You're a fucking idiot", and then didn't give the Fed their $400mm back.

Yeah. She's way better. You and MSNBC should get off the Palin rod.

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah. She's way better. You and MSNBC should get off the Palin rod.
MSNBC is all over Palin?? When did this happen, because last time I looked MSNBC is very heavily Liberal and loved nothing more then slamming Palin during the election. So this is truely news to me that MSNBC likes her.

Then again when it comes to news(political, national and world) I live on Fox News and almost never watch the other stations. So I didn't know this kind of Palin "love" was going on.

Oh well, best wishes too her. I liked Palin, thought she was more down to earth than most politicians. But in the end she is still just a politician and it's very hard for me to believe any BS a politician has to say. I'm really displeased with politicians and politics in general. The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester, so I guess that about sums it up for me and my view of politicians.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm really displeased with politicians and politics in general. The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester, so I guess that about sums it up for me and my view of politicians.

Yeah, I couldn't believe MSNBC was all over it today when I got back from IMI. I do, however, agree with your sentiments about politicians in general. I hate the fact that public will really only vote a 2 party line. Now I know Ron Paul wasn't the end-all-be-all to politicians, but he had some good ideas and had a "down to earth" (as you put it) view on the direction this country needs to start going. Granted, he was a little too "stick to the constitution, letter by letter" for me, but he had good ideals goddamnit.

Meh. Obama has done some decent things outside of (what I would consider) typical democratic hand outs.

Rhino
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Meh. Obama has done some decent things outside of (what I would consider) typical democratic hand outs.

Please, name ONE. Don't worry, I'll wait. :dunno:

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Please, name ONE. Don't worry, I'll wait. :dunno:

Once again, the thread was about Sarah Palin (maybe I need to start handing out copies of Hooked on Phonics?), but I will entertain you:

1 - Got rid of prez/ex-prez ability to decide which records of their political time would be released. Bush-era policy that is pretty ridiculous. Granted, not a huge deal, but any step towards government "transparency" and internal checks is good in my book. Limited executive power is nice, too.

2 - Suspended Gitmo shenanigans.

3 - (Apparently) Got the DEA to say they would no longer hunt down and prosecute the MMJ growers/dispensaries, most of which in the Western region of the US (Cali). I have heard conflicting stories of the DEA still making a small effort to shut places down, but no where near what it was.

4 - Appointed Kerlikowske as drug czar.

5 - Sotomayor.

6 - Froze White House salaries for those making $100k+. Really?! A filing clerk makes $107k per annum? Get me that job pahleez.

7 - Has heavily funded renewables in the ARRA. Granted, this act has A LOT of demo handouts I don't agree with, the renewable energy and research money he has handed out (stem cell) will be put to good use.

I could keep going, but I'm bored now. Having said this, it doesn't mean that I necessarily like/dislike either of them. Scratch that, Palin was a half-assed attempt to bring some pizazz to an old fart's Presidential campaign, which failed pretty bad. Good move, McCain.

Wintermute
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Obama immediately got rid of the stupid "Global Gag Rule" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City_Policy) that forbid any of our aid dollars to go to any NGO that performs abortions. (The problem with the Global Gag Rule, outside of the whole abortion thing, was that organizations that perform abortions are always key distributors of contraception, so access that that was collateral damage. Of course the uptightie-righties who drafted the plan knew that ahead of time, but they're Puritan busybody fuckheads who think their religion gives them the right to control over other people's private business.)

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
^ Perhaps instead of GM Shares, every american citizen can receive a Super Duke as "Foreign Aid".

Rhino
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Once again, the thread was about Sarah Palin (maybe I need to start handing out copies of Hooked on Phonics?), but I will entertain you:

Do you see where I quoted you mentioning Oblamamalamadingdong? You started it.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Fair enough. Previous statement regarding Hooked on Phonics retracted.

BeoBe
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 12:18 AM
i hate coming onto every forum that is vehicle forums and reading about politics.. the news and the radio covers it enough.. but thats just my 2 cents

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Meh. I was merely having a good laugh at it until I got drawn into other discussion, besides my better judgement.

BeoBe
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 01:22 AM
naa its cool, i think we just need to make 1 giant thread about nothing but politics rather then swimming through 100000000000 different threads usually on the same topic.. i guess my take on it is if you care that much and want/need a debate or to vent im really sure there are plenty of political forums on the internet..

I think most replies to these are just for a post count

#1Townie
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Once again, the thread was about Sarah Palin (maybe I need to start handing out copies of Hooked on Phonics?), but I will entertain you: and on the topic of the thread you think its funny that the first women to run for vice prez was pressured to the point of quiting over a few minor mistakes?? really?? you find this shit funny?? you find watching people loike her get haunted by the shcok reporters?? your a prick.. i took your points on obama and im going to counter a little..

1 - Got rid of prez/ex-prez ability to decide which records of their political time would be released. Bush-era policy that is pretty ridiculous. Granted, not a huge deal, but any step towards government "transparency" and internal checks is good in my book. Limited executive power is nice, too. please if you could show me some real reasons why bush was such a bad prez please do tell me.. i dont want to hear this war for oil crap.. i dont want to hear about self promoted actions with iraq.. i dont want to hear any of this he broke so many god damn laws blah blah blah fucking blah..

realy you fucking people who hate him and dont realy know why you hate him.. i asked this for the last 4 years but never got any one to bite.. if he did so much wrong why has he not been brought to court?? with all the people that hated him and all the press that was just looking for the smaliest reasons to bash him we never saw anything with any real truth behind it.. EVER!!!

2 - Suspended Gitmo shenanigans.
yeah im happy our tard for a prez is keeping up with the lets play by the rules when no one else does.. look if you had spent any time on any real streets you would understand alot of what they do at "gitmo".. i mean realy we got it so wrong on who we have in there?? what about that guy that was let out and went back to his role as like third in charge of the guys that want to kill us..

what makes you realy give a shit about a group of people that want to kill us for realy no reason?? realy?? why should we bring all these fucks on our boarders and give a people that hate us the due proccess that people in this country pay taxes for and have as rights for being in this country and loving this country??

no realy good call on that obama i love the idea of bringin over thousads of people that would love nothiing more then to get their chance to brake out and blow somthing up.. fucking great.. yeah better idea lets give them the rightto have a lawyer that is paid by our taxes to help prove them innocent and let some of these fucks

3 - (Apparently) Got the DEA to say they would no longer hunt down and prosecute the MMJ growers/dispensaries, most of which in the Western region of the US (Cali). I have heard conflicting stories of the DEA still making a small effort to shut places down, but no where near what it was.o yeah this is even better a brother makes it so that our laws cant be applied to pot smokers.. hahahaha he didnt change the feral law he just says stop chasing the pot people.. hahahahahahahahaha

before you jump on me and start telling me that pot is not a drug you can just shut the fuck up.. my brother smokes.. he has his card.. he goes to a store to buy it.. it helps me to keep my point about pot heads.. fucking pot for medical reasons.. why not take the pill?? realy why not?? o yeah you dont get high.. hey why not just take the pills?? they get you high to..

with how easy it is to get a card to smoke pot its a joke.. A BIG FUCKING JOKE!!!

4 - Appointed Kerlikowske as drug czar.
and this has done what for us??

5 - Sotomayor. and shes done what???

6 - Froze White House salaries for those making $100k+. Really?! A filing clerk makes $107k per annum? Get me that job pahleez.
how about the few houndred thousand dollar nfly over of new york that happend under his nose?? is this just trying to get our money back for his partys bad on the photo opp??

and realy you dont want the people who get to see some of our most private papers to make alot of money?? na i see what you sayn lets pay those fucks 7 bucks an hour.. lets have a whole bunch of over worked under paid pissed off people that our enemy could offer very little money to turn into spys for them.. that would sound fun.. lets pay them the same amount of money we pay our retards like me and leave them in a position to realy fuck us.. ahahahaha yeah baby good times to be had under obama!!!! i cant fucking wait!!!!

7 - Has heavily funded renewables in the ARRA. Granted, this act has A LOT of demo handouts I don't agree with, the renewable energy and research money he has handed out (stem cell) will be put to good use.hahaha just giving money to help aid in nothing.. just another way for friends of politicians to make some money..

I could keep going, but I'm bored now. Having said this, it doesn't mean that I necessarily like/dislike either of them. Scratch that, Palin was a half-assed attempt to bring some pizazz to an old fart's Presidential campaign, which failed pretty bad. Good move, McCain.

i would have rather had the old fart who understands that if you act like a bitch you open your self up for a hit.. but i wouldnt want people like you to understand how to deal with a person who half the time doesnt know why they want to kill you just that they do.. like i said i cant wait to see what happens in the next 8 years.. imm going to saay this now.. obama will say in the next run that change is still possible we just need more time and make up more storys of all the shit hes going to fix but wont fix them..

you know what fuck it im over it..

the truth is out there.. duuuuuuduuuudiiiiiiiduuu

Airreed
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 10:49 AM
...and all I wanted to do was be her Intern...I was going to be the next Monica errr...Jason

Hi11Zone
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
she was an amazing lady and i used to live in alaska. Nuf said!

Elisa
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 11:21 AM
"and on the topic of the thread you think its funny that the first women to run for vice prez ..."

Actually she wasn't the first female vice president nominee, just so you know. You underestimate women tenacity and the US by thinking that. :cry:

naa its cool, i think we just need to make 1 giant thread about nothing but politics rather then swimming through 100000000000 different threads usually on the same topic.. i guess my take on it is if you care that much and want/need a debate or to vent im really sure there are plenty of political forums on the internet..

I think most replies to these are just for a post count

Yes indeed, post count is needed. j/k Obviously I don't post whore, but sometimes feel compelled to add to something (see above). I hate and love the political comments on the board. I hate that people get brow beaten for expressing their views but love it because the fight can be entertaining and educational on how each side thinks.

I'm a lurker and find that postings like what 64BonnieLass posts are valuable for insight and the opinions on riding and I really appreciate her asking the questions; most likely questions I wouldn't think of asking. Riding has saved my life by giving me an outlet from what seems at times a cruel world and this board has taught me a lot about the awsome (sp?) riding community in CO and riding. So although I don't post much, I appreciate this site, the people and what it gives to me as a rider.

Wintermute
Sat Jul 4th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Either Palin has reeeaallly, really stupid political advisors or something is going to break, along the lines of this: (http://www.villagevoice.com/content/printVersion/673217)

THE $12.5 MILLION sports complex and hockey rink that is the lasting monument to Palin's two terms as Wasilla mayor is also a monument to the kind of insider politics that dismays Americans of both parties. Six months before Palin stepped down as mayor in October 2002, the city awarded nearly a half-million-dollar contract to design the biggest project in Wasilla history to Kumin Associates. Blase Burkhart was the Kumin architect on the job—the son of Roy Burkhart, who is frequently described as a "mentor" of Palin and was head of the local Republican Party (his wife, June, who also advised Palin, is the national committeewoman). Asked if the contract was a favor, Roy Burkhart, who contributed to her campaign in the same time frame that his son got the contract, said: "I really don't know." Palin then named Blase Burkhart to a seven-member builder-selection committee that picked Howdie Inc., a mostly residential contractor owned at the time by Howard Nugent. Formally awarded the contract a couple of weeks after Palin left office, Nugent has donated $4,000 to Palin campaigns. Two competitors protested the process that led to Nugent's contract. Burkhart and Nugent had done at least one project together before the complex—and have done several since.

A list of subcontractors on the job, obtained by the Voice, includes many with Palin ties. One was Spenard Builders Supply, the state's leading supplier of wood, floor, roof, and other "pre-engineered components." In addition to being a sponsor of Todd Palin's snow-machine team that has earned tens of thousands for the Palin family, Spenard hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004. When the Palins began building a new family home off Lake Lucille in 2002—at the same time that Palin was running for lieutenant governor and in her final months as mayor—Spenard supplied the materials, according to Antoine Bricks, who works in its Wasilla office. Spenard actually filed a notice "of its right to assert a lien" on the deed for the Palin property after contracting for labor and materials for the site. Spenard's name has popped up in the trial of Senator Stevens—it worked on the house that is at the center of the VECO scandal as well.

Todd Palin told Fox News that he built the two-story, 3,450-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-bath, wood house himself, with the help of contractors he described as "buddies." As mayor, Sarah Palin blocked an effort to require the filing of building permits in the wide-open city, and there is no public record of who the "buddies" were. The house was built very near the complex, on a site whose city purchase led to years of unsuccessful litigation and, now, $1.3 million in additional costs, with a law firm that's also donated to Palin collecting costly fees from the city.

Dorwin and Joanne Smith, the principals of complex subcontractor DJ Excavation & Development, have donated $7,100 to Palin and her allied candidate Charlie Fannon (Joanne is a Palin appointee on the state Board of Nursing). Sheldon Ewing, who owns another complex subcontractor, Weld Air, has donated $1,300, and PN&D, an engineering firm on the complex, has contributed $699.

Ewing was one of the few sports-complex contractors, aside from Spenard, willing to address the question of whether he worked on the house as well, but he had little to say: "I doubt that it occurred, but if it did indirectly, how would I know anyhow?" The odd timing of Palin's house construction—it was completed two months before she left City Hall and while she and Todd Palin were campaigning statewide for the first time—raises questions, especially considering its synergy with the complex.

Salon's David Talbot recently visited the complex, which, he said, resembled "a huge airplane hangar" so far away from the city's center that kids can't bike or walk there. It's adorned by a plaque commemorating Palin. Even as a governor, she is still such a champion of the complex—which loses money every year—that she just steered state funding for a new kitchen to it.