PDA

View Full Version : Damn, What a Good Show!!

Nerves
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 01:10 AM
If you have never watched this, you're missing one of the best sci-fi shows to ever get canceled. Thank You Hulu for letting me watch it for the, um.......... 10 or 12th time. :bananna:

http://www.hulu.com/firefly

LambeauXLIV
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
+100000000000 for Firefly!!!!!!!!!!

GuitarX
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
100% agree. I had never heard of this show before Hulu and was in disbelief that it got canceled so quickly. It's always the good ones that run for 1 or 2 seasons and the crap that goes on for 7 or 8.

By the way, don't bother renting the movie. It sucks. They didn't even get the characters' personalities correct. I was surprised the same people were responsible for it.

salsashark
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
:up:

LambeauXLIV
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
You didn't like the movie?!?

salsashark
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I loved the movie... I saw it first, then stole my brother's dvd's and watched the whole series in 2 days last winter. Maybe had I switched the order, the movie would have not been that good, but I dug and still dig both.

LambeauXLIV
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
^ I agree

Nerves
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM

+10??

I loved the movie. I am lucky enough to say I watched the show on fox when it originally aired back in the day. Then the movie came out and I was surprised by how much like the show they kept it. They had a much bigger budget but used the same set and everything. They deviated on the story a bit so they could wrap up the whole story in a few hours. And we never found out who Shepperd Book really was. But still..... BEST SHOW EVER!!

LambeauXLIV
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
And we never found out who Shepperd Book really was

I think he was definitely a high ranking member of the alliance at some point in time...

GuitarX
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 07:55 AM

I'm surprised you all liked the movie after seeing the series. Unless I saw a seriously abridged version it didn't play into the characters' personalities at all. If I had seen it before I watched the series my opinion may be different though.

LambeauXLIV
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I saw it after I watched the series

Shea
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
One of the best shows ever and a shame that it didn't survive. The movie was pretty good but it felt like it rushed through some of the mysteries of the series and tried to "wrap it all up". That and they killed off Wash and Rev. Book...pissed me off.

I still think it was a government conspiracy given the heavy libertarian slant of the series :)

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:30 AM
^^ Ha Ha, wouldn't be surprised.

Just a point of interest, in the episode "The Message" which is the third to last, there is a scene where they are burying a dude. By the time they filmed it they all knew that they where getting canceled, so that scene was written as a goodbye to and a funeral for the show.

And while we are on the subject of fantastic shows that didn't survive, I'm sorry, I mean THAT FOX MURDERED WITH A RUSTY BUTTER KNIFE TO THE NECK, you should check out "Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip". Another fantastic show that only lived for one season. And it was written by Aaron Sorkin, the same guy that did "The West Wing". HULU baby, watch it.

colo_kicker
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
There is a movement in the scifi blogs to get Josh Whedon to do another movie.

There was an article in Japan about how Lithium in the water decreased depression and subsequently suicide. The end of the article had a discussion about the government introducing Lithium into the water supply... Science fiction, meet real world.