PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork off ebay.

sugarrey
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
So after going back and forth with the idiots I bought my bodywork from EBAY, I got them to take back the bodywork for a refund. But the issue is they don't want to pay the shipping back? Is that normal?

Story:

1. Bought the bodywork off ebay for $550 or so
2. Upper was damaged due to manufacture error (cracked in 2 places near headlight). Seller determined after seeing pics of damage that is was manufacturer error
3. Seller resent upper and sent a good one but the headlight opening are oversized by about 2" larger than supposed to be (height and width)
4. Told them I wanted to send it back because they cant seem to get shit right, and I have already been down (not riding) for over a month
5. They agreed to take set back but want me to pay the shipping, which will probably be near $75-100 bucks

I told them there is no way im paying the shipping. What do you think, should I have to pay because they cant get the job done right?

Your opinion plz.

sprtbkbabe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
NO, shipping is usually a casualty. That's why so many seller soak it up in their "price" ... Just my opinion. Tho, I bought and sold two cars on there, so I still try to be fair. It ain't no Victoria's Secret catalogue with free shipping and warehouse free re-stocking

BHeth
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Most companies nail you for the return shipping. Companies like Zappos that offer free return shipping are rare, and they make a big point of advertising it. Most companies also like to nail you with a 10% restocking fee, so I guess at least they aren't screwing you there.

Can you just exchange the upper with them? You can probably fit that thing into a flat rate box or something.

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Keep the bodywork and get it fitted locally. It is going to cost you $300+ to ship back the parts for a refund.

I personally have not had a problem with the eGay plastics. Although I used a company that most have not. I researched them for about a month, had email conversations with over 20 of their customers, and received good very good parts and service from them.

CaneZach
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Keep the bodywork and get it fitted locally. It is going to cost you $300+ to ship back the parts for a refund.

I personally have not had a problem with the eGay plastics. Although I used a company that most have not. I researched them for about a month, had email conversations with over 20 of their customers, and received good very good parts and service from them.

One of the Hong Kong guys or did you go "local" (As in located in the US) like NiceCycle?

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I purchased my plastics from eGay, from a Hong Kong seller. They fit great when they arrived. They were 3.5mm ABS. The paint was really nice. The packaging was exceptional. The response from the sellers was awesome.

konichd
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Send it back, for someone to fix it right its going to cost more $$$ than getting a correct fitting set right off the bat. If you want someone to look it over I would call Motorsports Concepts and talk to Jarod 303-286-9498 he's painting one of my customer's Can Am's right now :)

sugarrey
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 10:56 AM
If it costs too much to send back I am going to attempt to sell on the R1 forum. I am not happy with this product and I will not use it if at all possible.

I am going to call him for a paint quote today on my new sharkskinz im gonna order once I get my refund

I am going to box it up and see how much it is to send back. I am SO frustrated with these assholes (name is BIKEBOYZ) out of texas. I find it hard to believe that since they have no idea what a 99 r1 upper looks like that the rest of the pieces are going to magically fit.

CaneZach
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Rey, check out NiceCycle (Nicecycle.com) or Auctmarts on eBay. I know NiceCycle has their own site, but they're a bit more $$$ than Auctmarts ($789 a set compared to about $500).

XJ600s
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Though I have no experience with this company, gmail gave it to me as a targeted ad above my inbox. Here is the link to the 99 R1 page. You get 4 paint style options.

http://www.2wheelkits.com/yamaha-fairings-c-48_60_86.html

sugarrey
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
XJ I have seen those also...wanted to have something that was different though so I just wanted it primed so I could put my own stamp on it.

chubster2003
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:29 AM
i bought a set off of NiceCycle, and tell you the truth they are "Based" out of the US, but their plastics are from Hong Kong, just like all the rest... most of the aftermarket plastics come from the same place..

if i were to do it again, id go with motofansclub (or something like that) off of egay...

The plastics i received were alright, paint seemed a little sub-par, but overall im ok with them... although they refunded me $250 of the $799 i paid them for my plastics because they didnt include the Metal flake i requested

sugarrey
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 06:31 AM
when i was repacking my stuff up last night, the box said that the stuff was made in mexico, but who knows. the name of the business is called "BIKE BODZ", guys name is Ed. Address is in Texas

Tipys
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 06:37 AM
when i was repacking my stuff up last night, the box said that the stuff was made in mexico, but who knows. the name of the business is called "BIKE BODZ", guys name is Ed. Address is in Texas

With the address being in Texas shipping should be nothing if you use the post office. I shipped a big heavy box ( Same Size box my track plastics came in) to New Mexico for less then $20. The lady said if it is a sirounding state it is really cheap to ship there throw them. Plus it tell me this guy total ripped you off with shipping the first time.

chubster2003
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I shipped a full set of plastics from My place in Colorado to Texas, and through fedex it was $56.xx for gound, which he got in 2 days