PDA

View Full Version : Up the Poudre

mtnairlover
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Some of us yokels decided to venture forth and escape the morning dreariness that was hanging over the Front Range...so, we headed up Poudre Canyon. You know it was only a matter of time that I finally made it to the other side of Cameron Pass this season...freakin weather anyways!

The morning's ride up was incredible and surprisingly near traffic-free. It didn't take too much before we were bathed in sunshine and blue skies.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/4upthepoudre.jpg
(One of my more favorite shots, cuz of the Jap bike representation in it...Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and a Kawasaki)

Something I've always wanted to do and never stopped for is a photo of "The Crags" on the West side of Cameron Pass. The road is pretty nasty on this side of the pass for several miles at least. Weather and water run-off seem to have done a number on the road. This time though, we went real slooowwwww in order to pull off and get a shot...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/thecrags-1.jpg

Someone's missing...oh yeah...there she is...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/cathyandthecrags.jpg

Made it to Moose Creek Cafe by about 11:30 in time for a yummy lunch and good conversation before the clouds that were hanging over North Park decided to unleash what they were carrying. Hey! Watch where you're pointin' that thing!!!
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/moosebutt-1.jpg

Good times indeed. Thanks for joining me you bunch'a crazy nutballs...:D

You know...it's only a matter of time before I am actually successful in completing a full loop around those mountain passes...only a matter of time...

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
looks like it was a beautiful ride.. im jelous

lol check out the moped for sale!

mtnairlover
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
lol check out the moped for sale!

Lol...yeah, a pretty good way to get around town up in Walden. Not a very big town at that.

The clouds were amazing as we rode into North Park. They were hanging over all the mountain ranges, kinda surrounding us on all sides. The ones that finally hit, were the ones coming from the West, though. We got a few sprinkles as we left Walden and headed back home, but nothing too major. We were out of the rain way before we got out of North Park.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
yep, another great 330 mile ride today!!
The Poudre canyon is such a long windy road, lots of fun and hardly any traffic today.

sky_blue
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Most excellent way to spend a Sunday morning!! Thanks y'all for dragging my slow ass up the canyon! : )

OUTLAWD
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Good times! Thanks for leading the way Cath!

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM
one of these days im gonna make it to a ride again lol

chad23
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
what the hell did I not get the memo, no text, nothing...... i am saddened

mtnairlover
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 07:14 AM
what the hell did I not get the memo, no text, nothing...... i am saddened

Waitin' on you to be 100% dear. This one was not a short jaunt. Sorry if I saddened you. I just don't like rejection too much, so I didn't send a text, cuz I knew what the answer was gonna be.

Gonna maybe not ride next weekend. My niece's 19th bday is Sunday, so we're gonna go play at Water World. I dunno about Saturday...playing it by ear for now.

chad23
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
ok that is a worthy excuse..... by the way you said "up the poudre" hehehehehe

mtnairlover
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM
by the way you said "up the poudre" hehehehehe

Why yes, yes I did.:D

I must come across as way too serious for anyone to catch me on my humor, so good catch...then again, maybe it's just your mind...oh wait...that would mean...hmmm...I do not have a dirty mind!

denver_whitest185
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
hey, if you guys do another ride next sunday, let me know. my bike should be 100% by then since i've got new tires in the mail, and no more slipping clutch!

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
sorry ted...the kawi quota is met...gotta keep everything in balance...

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
hey, if you guys do another ride next sunday, let me know. my bike should be 100% by then since i've got new tires in the mail, and no more slipping clutch!

I won't be riding on Sunday. Gonna spend the day with the family at Water World. You guys enjoy the weather though...I hear it's supposed to be hot.:D

chad23
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
sorry ted...the kawi quota is met...gotta keep everything in balance...
now thats just funny right there

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that's cuz the one kawi we got, just blows away the competition. We don't wanna go too over the top ya know ;-)

denver_whitest185
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
plus being one up'd by a 250 is just too damn embarrassing :crazy:

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:37 AM
:slappers:

Now that's funny!

:lol:

denver_whitest185
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I know :P

Im just happy when i can keep up...

denver_whitest185
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
hey, so i won't be up for any rides soon. someone stole the 2fitty, however i have insurance, so i just have to wait for that check to come in before i buy something else. im thinking a ninja 500 cause they are cheap and similar to maintain or a KLR650.

im leaning towards the ninja cause i'll be needing to do alot of crosscountry trips soon since my ex and daughter are moving to north carolina....:(

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Damn Ted! What is it with sportbikes and getting stolen and whatnot? Sorry to hear that, but hey, you'll be getting another bike, so good on ya.

Also, sorry to hear about the ex moving your daughter all the way to the East Coast. Sucks, big time.