PDA

View Full Version : Silverton, Ouray, Lake City, Oh my!

Bashed
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'm looking to see if anybody would be interested in a overniter to this area for some DS riding.
The area is known as the Alpine Loop and a few adventurist types from here went last year with the ADVRiders for thier Westfest gathering.
I would not have to try hard to rustle up half a dozen or so from the southern contingent to go take in a bit of site seeing in that area.
Most of the "roads" are two track jeep type and are moderate in diffilculty.
Hell ,my wife might even come and do a bit of easy stuff. I have been known to put her on the back of the NX when she pulls out her princess tiara when she stops and says enough.
Cut out friday after work, set up a great campsite we found just outside Lake City, and go have some fun. Fuel should be the biggest expense.
Hell, we could send the girls in the trucks and ride out if you have a streetable DS unit.
This is just one picture of many that I took from last year.
Let me know, and we can get something organized.

UglyDogRacing
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I may be down for this. Maybe I can keep my spark plugs from popping out this time.

Bueller
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I may be down for this. Maybe I can keep my spark plugs from popping out this time.
You takin' the Priler? :)

I'm starting the concidering part, I could come up with the SUMO

Bashed
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:28 PM

Yea, Jim, I was looking foward to doing a bit of riding with you out on the open road. The summer is just getting started though.
This ride is more dirt orientated. I don't doubt your abilities, it's just that your 'priller is to nice to put it through some big 'ol mud bog and over a few boulders.

Bash

Matty
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:14 PM
might be interested....

brennahm
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Def interested.

zetaetatheta
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM
In!

UglyDogRacing
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Yea, Jim, I was looking foward to doing a bit of riding with you out on the open road. The summer is just getting started though.
This ride is more dirt orientated. I don't doubt your abilities, it's just that your 'priller is to nice to put it through some big 'ol mud bog and over a few boulders.

Bash

not planning on taking the aprilia. will my 450 work?

Bueller
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I would assume a plate will be pretty handy.

Bashed
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ok folks, I'm reviving this thread as there seemed to be some interest and I have nailed down a date, more or less.
Looking @ the weekend of Sept 19/20th ish.
Plated bikes should be used as to scoot into towns
for lunch. I think non-plated might get you into Lake City
but I am not for sure.
I will plan on getting an early start and travel to Lake City
on friday on my DS, and do the area on sat/sun and travel back on sun.
The wifey says she will hold down the campsite and can get
a bike there if needed. let me know if that is doable for most, I realize it might not work for some and thats OK. We camped @ Wupperman CG.
@ Lake San Cristobal. Very nice spot, and only $15 per spot.
This is a pic of the campground on the far side of this lake.
Peace Bash