PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone on here burn DVD's?

BeoBe
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
In saying this i have a friend that rents movies from blockbuster and then burns them onto blank dvd's so that she will have it and not have to rent or buy it.. illegal or not i like the idea..

does anyone on here have the program to burn dvd's? I have a good size stack of blank dvd's

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
ConvertXtoDVD

/thread

Keepitgreen
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I use Mac the Ripper to rip it and then HandBrake to convert it for MP4 for the external hd..
If I do burn, I use Toast to do that.. But rarely burn as I travel too much and the external hd is easier..

LambeauXLIV
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:14 PM
DVD Shrink...not only can you copy the dvd image, but you can compress it and re-author it so it will fit on a single layer dvd...and you can get rid of all the menus and what not

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
^ DvD shrink also works well. I used that before I found convertX.

XJ600s
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM
For backing up my personal DVD's, I use DVDFab Platinum to rip it at DVD quality, FreeDVD.exe to remove encryption from the ripped .vob files, and finally Nero Recode 2 to burn it to a DVD. With Nero Recode 2, you can exclude all menus and only burn the movie for the original quality movie, or include the menus and it will compress the main movie to fit.

I have never had an issue with any of these programs!

Ceez
Sun Jul 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
^ DvD shrink also works well. I used that before I found convertX.

Where can I find these programs? Zach, you are gonna have to come over one day and help me out, I keep trying to upload video from my sony handycam but for some reason it doesnt let me burn whats uploaded. I am a tard when it comes to this chit and I miss my beta max

highpsi03
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
www.demonoid.com (http://www.demonoid.com) is your friend for whatever your heart desires.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Demonoid is such a pita compared to a open search engine, such as btdig.com. I always found that demonoid had fewer seeders and just as many bullshit torrents.

Just make sure you are using PeerGuardian.

XJ600s
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
www.isohunt.com and utorrent.exe are the best combination. thousands of seeders for the good quality stuff and very fast downloads (300kbps is normal)

modette99
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM

highpsi03
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Demonoid is such a pita compared to a open search engine, such as btdig.com. I always found that demonoid had fewer seeders and just as many bullshit torrents.

Just make sure you are using PeerGuardian.
I've never had any of the issues you've stated with demonoid.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
^ Everybody has their preference. Doesn't matter where you find your content, just make sure you protect yourself with PeerGuardian.