PDA

View Full Version : bitch did WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

vtr100fguy
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
ok i know it not a sports bike but my buddy and i need some help his recent x put papertowels in to the crank case of his harley :banghead: im a mechanic but not a motorcycle mechanic. So i heard that the easy fix to this perdiciment was to put deasel in the motor and that would eat up the paper towels makes sence but not comfortable with doing it . does anybody know this to be true? i have the harley manuel and am getting ready to open the bottom end up but if this a simple solution then cool if not well im prepared to get dirty so please help :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I would say get all that foreign material out of there and don't count on anything to "eat" it.

How the hell would she do that anyway?

XJ600s
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
How the hell would she do that anyway?

Possibly remove the oil filler cap, insert paper towel pieces (can't imagine full paper towels could have been stuck in there).

Seems to me, best thing would be to remove the crankcase cover and remove the pieces by hand and hope you can reach all of them.

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I'm just thinking the oil fill hole is pretty small. That's a lot of work tearing paper towels into little pieces to do that. But, I've heard of chicks doing crazier shit than that.

How'd he find out she did it?

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
it may just stop all the leaks the Harleys tend to have:slappers:

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Start the bike, let the paper, which is flammable, burn, change the oil and filter.

Horsman
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Rev the engine to 17000rpm for 20 minutes. Repeat process until there is nothing left - of the paper towel that is....

Some Women are sooo mean....

GixxerCarrie
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I know Jon...Thas why we love you!

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Start the bike, let the paper, which is flammable, burn, change the oil and filter.

I aint no makanik but i dont think there is "fire' in da crank case.

as to horsemans advise.
go ahead and rev that harley to 17k and then simply throw it away with or without the paper towel issue cauz it will for sure grenade.

Devaclis
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM
It all comes out in the wash. Which is on fire.

TFOGGuys
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
ok i know it not a sports bike but my buddy and i need some help his recent x put papertowels in to the crank case of his harley :banghead: im a mechanic but not a motorcycle mechanic. So i heard that the easy fix to this perdiciment was to put deasel in the motor and that would eat up the paper towels makes sence but not comfortable with doing it . does anybody know this to be true? i have the harley manuel and am getting ready to open the bottom end up but if this a simple solution then cool if not well im prepared to get dirty so please help :)

I'm not certain how she managed to get them in the crank case, as most Harleys (big twins anyways) are dry sump. If there are paper towels in the oil tank, just fish 'em out. I seriously doubt she would have been able to get them in the primary drive housing, so you should be ok there. It's possible she was motivated enough to open the transmission fill cap and stuff 'em in there, but I doubt it. A lot of the the later model FLs and FXs use part of the transmission housing as the oil tank, so that may be part of the confusion.

vtr100fguy
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'm just thinking the oil fill hole is pretty small. That's a lot of work tearing paper towels into little pieces to do that. But, I've heard of chicks doing crazier shit than that.

How'd he find out she did it?
you would think the oil hole was little but its about 2.5 inches in diamiter so there hole paper towels in there the bikes been sittin for the last year he didnt know until we were replacing all his cut cabels and repairing cut electrical lines she did a real job on it thats when we figured out the current problem went to change the oil and nothin realy came out

vtr100fguy
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM
so yeah i would fish em out if they werer still whole but i may be wrong but from sittin in the oil for a long period im going to say they broke down and clogged his oil valley that take the oil back to the pan because from him turning it over all the oil is in the crank case and little was left in the oil pan

MetaLord 9
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
so yeah i would fish em out if they werer still whole but i may be wrong but from sittin in the oil for a long period im going to say they broke down and clogged his oil valley that take the oil back to the pan because from him turning it over all the oil is in the crank case and little was left in the oil pan
............................ There ya go mang, you were missing those in your post! :D

Just give'n ya a hard time, good luck w/the pull out & let us know how it all turned out!

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
What a crazy bitch!

Sounds to me like you gotta pull it apart, it's the only way to be sure you don't wreck the motor.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Take it to a shop, make them replace everything with top of the line cables, blah blah, then sue her for the total bill.

Or just go find her & roll her car down a ditch.

Horsman
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Take it to a shop, make them replace everything with top of the line cables, blah blah, then sue her for the total bill.

Or just go find her & roll her car down a ditch.

Yeah, Roll it down a ditch!!!! :drink:then Roll her down a ditch!!!

sugarrey
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
i've shoved paper towel into someones exhaust (just at the tip) to se it fly out but thats about as far as I will go....that shit is crazy!

vtr100fguy
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:39 AM
yeah looks like its time to get knee deep in tha shit thnks for your responces my peeps you know what they say what go's around comes around and the bike is just the start of the bs this chicken head pulled on my buddy. so let the fun begin lol

Snowman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Have your friend find a guy his ex could hook up with.
Just make sure the guy has a scorching case of herpes…

mopoet178
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Bounty or Kroger brand?

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Did you check the gas tank to see what she put in there?

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Bounty or Kroger brand?

Did you check the gas tank to see what she put in there?

Good Questions...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/FearAndLoathing004-1.jpg

I would be afraid to ride it even if it was fixed...

vtr100fguy
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
yeah it was paper towels .