PDA

View Full Version : Car tinting

Scer
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I know there is a guy on here that tints car windows. Where can I find him?

Come out come out where ever you are....

tint on tintas

TFOGGuys
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Guessinthe2000 .... Sam

Did the windows on my Smart, good cheap, and fast. :up:

Mother Goose
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Guessinthe2000 .... Sam

Did the windows on my Smart, good cheap, and fast. :up:
:imwithstupid: Did my RS and did an awesome job. Awesome price too. Did you get that it was awesome?

Scer
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys.

play on playas

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Sam also did the tint on my Explorer. Looks great.

Apparently he does a lot of tint for 4wdPirates.

SumoWeezle
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Be careful using Sam though. He did my smart and cut the weather stripping on the drivers door. Still trying to get it resolved with him but he's being un-responsive...

konichd
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Tinted the window's on my playa' Oldsmobile, great job! :)

Scer
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Be careful using Sam though. He did my smart and cut the weather stripping on the drivers door. Still trying to get it resolved with him but he's being un-responsive...

Maybe he was jealous that your car was so damn smart...??

Shank on shankas

Matty
Mon Jul 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM
he did my STi as well.

For those with new bikes/cars he also installs clear bra's.

Mizzybeff
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Un-responsive my butt! He down right won't talk to you and is ignoring every attempt to get the issue resolved! He cut your weather stripping on your BRAND NEW CAR!!!! and won't fix it. I don't care how much the part is or how great his work is with other people, when you are a proffessional you fix what you break. Sam needs to take his head out of his butt and realize that he cut the stripping on accident (or whatever) and needs to replace it! :scream1:

modette99
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM

SumoWeezle
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, you would think it'd be that easy. I called to check on the price of the weather stripping myself after I hadn't heard from him. The part he cut is part of the rear half window and comes as a complete piece at a price near $90.

here's some pics of what happened:

http://www.sumoweezle.net/images/weatherstripping1.jpg (http://www.sumoweezle.net/images/weatherstripping1.jpg)
and a close up of the cut:
http://www.sumoweezle.net/images/weatherstripping2.jpg (http://www.sumoweezle.net/images/weatherstripping2.jpg)

I agree with you though, shit happens but when youre running a buisness you need to do the right thing when it does and he clearly is not.

Mother Goose
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Sumo, looking at your pictures, I don't see how he would cut it right there. The tint goes on the inside, the windows will usually be up and he might take off the door card. I don't get how he would have cut the weather stripping on the outside of the window. :dunno:

SumoWeezle
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I dont get how he did it either. I didnt look at the outside of the windows until I got home, I checked everything on the inside (where I would think to look after a tinting job). Got home and went to wash the car and saw the cut...

SaShWhO
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Tinters make their cuts with the film on the outside and then apply it on the inside.

SumoWeezle
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:40 AM
well there ya go.. that makes a lot more sense now. :)

highpsi03
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Tried getting my car done by him a year ago and couldn't get a set response on when and how much to do it.

Geology Rocks
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I have tried to contact him numerous times to do multiple tinting jobs. Jeep, fiances car, my car...have had 2 appointments set up that he canceled on me andnow I cant get a hold of him. I gave up and haven't tinted any of my windows.

joe

modette99
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Matty
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Either you fix it, or we go the extra mile and I win big time because now your paying for labor for a dealer to fix it when the court sides with me.
Wouldn't hold up in court.... It's Sumo's responsibility to go over the tint job before payment. However, it's in good form to let a customer know what had happened.

I'm just saying....

~Barn~
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
If things don't work out with Sam, I got a good guy to send you to, Scer. He did the tinting on my MS6, and will be doing Tanya's CX-9 at somepoint. Got ahold of him some months back, when I joined the Colorado Mazda Club. Anyway...

I imagine he'd hook you up with a great deal, and he was a top-shelf pro when I dealt with him. Scheduled around me, to work with him on the weekend. He did the work personally, and I absolutely love it. You can tell him I sent you, if you end up going.

Scer
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Maybe cause right now I am feeling by starting this thread I am an accomplice to a felony crime and I might get my passport revoked and be forced to watch the Mariah Carey movie butterfly over and over.

I will let you know barn, thanks.

settle on settlas

(nothing but love Sumo)

SumoWeezle
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Love ya too, man. Love ya too! :D

highpsi03
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 03:29 AM
I have tried to contact him numerous times to do multiple tinting jobs. Jeep, fiances car, my car...have had 2 appointments set up that he canceled on me andnow I cant get a hold of him. I gave up and haven't tinted any of my windows.

joe
Sounds real familiar....

Ceez
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Call Ronnie at Coys, does great work at a great price.
720 231 8212.

Let him know Cesar sent ya.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 04:55 AM
you can use my guy... great job, and since i am basically a vampire, it saves me from the sun!

cheap too!