PDA

View Full Version : Stoner - Needs to Take Off His Panties?

JustSomeDude
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Ok, so one week it was a stomach bug. Another week it was an ongoing stomach bug. Now it's a "mystery illness" that may be a result of the "stress of not winning". Seriously... can Casey Stoner make any more friggin' excuses about why he's not winning races?

I'm not knocking his talent or ability - it's very clear he has vast amounts of both - but you never hear Rossi, Lorenzo, etc., bitching about their 2nd or 3rd place finishes. On the contrary, Lorenzo manned up and gave props to Rossi for being "braver" than he for his final corner pass at Catalunya.

Maybe I'm a nitpick, but this Aussie is starting to rub me the wrong way. I say he remove his panties, stop diddling around with Tom Cruise in the wee hours in his trailer, and ride his effin bike! :scream1:

[END RANT]

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:26 AM
He's got Rossitis & is too sick to come to work.

Desmodromico
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I agree he is missing a little fire, but it is also possible there is something wrong with him. Supposedly he may have chronic fatuigue like Mladin did a few years back.

Lorenzo impressed the hell out of me at Laguna riding really hard while hurt, Stoner rode hurt a lot last year but hasn't shown the desire to push hard this year.

Slo
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Ever tried to do a track day while you got the sh*ts? Hahahaa..... stomach bug

Devaclis
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
He's a stoner.

Keepitgreen
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
It might turn out to be a certain disease instead of a bug..
I had a rider last year that got some colon disease that had him with ups and lows like a freakin heroin addict.
Until then, we didn't know what the deal was. Now he has to manage his diet very strictly or it will have a bad effect on him..
They need to do more testing for sure..

Graphite675
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thank you!
I've been saying that he is a whiner from day one and keep getting shit from other people about it. The guy needs to stop whining and making up excuses for everything. He is becoming such a cry baby, every week it's something new. Half the riders in the paddock are riding much more beat up then him but you don't here them complaining? Look at Lorenzo, the guy was all busted up this past weekend but you didn't hear him crying.

As far as him being sick, (if he is?) I would guess it all mental/stress. The guy has access to the best doctors in the world and they have not found anything wrong with him. Just like the beginning of the season when he kept crying about his wrist/hand. Doctors (and team manager) said he was perfectly fine, nothing wrong, yet Stoner kept making up excusses about it.

You had you day in the spot light and now it's over. Suck it up and ride like a man and quite complaining!

kawasakirob
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:29 AM
He couldkick my ass any day. And the fact that he can finish 3rd then go throw up is pretty impressive. I guess we will never really know how much of a pussy he really is.....maybe because we will not race a GP, forcing ourselves not to throw up inside our helmets, and shit in our leathers....all while getting top 5 finishes. Yeah he is a pussy. Kind of like Doohan riding with a broken leg and blah blah blah. Those guys have balls. Easy to call them out while sitting on the couch.

konichd
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sure he's under immense pressure, trying to ride at the top level on a bike it seems only he can ride (kudos to Nicky this weekend though). Your paid millions to win as well as develop a bike for the future. Align that with very high expectations after coming out of nowhere to win a GP title, hell I just puked!

Autom8ed
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah.. trying to hang with Rossi at the track day in and day out might not be as easy as it looks on tv. Give the guy a break.

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I think Rossi got in his head last year a Laguna and he still hasn't recovered and maybe never will. The great ones in any sport do that to their rivals. Great boxers were never the same fighter again after fighting Marvin Haggler. It's the same with Rossi, the things he is able to do on a bike destroys his opponent's confidence, and a racer without confidence is nothing.

Graphite675
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
He couldkick my ass any day. And the fact that he can finish 3rd then go throw up is pretty impressive. I guess we will never really know how much of a pussy he really is.....maybe because we will not race a GP, forcing ourselves not to throw up inside our helmets, and shit in our leathers....all while getting top 5 finishes. Yeah he is a pussy. Kind of like Doohan riding with a broken leg and blah blah blah. Those guys have balls. Easy to call them out while sitting on the couch.

I'm not calling the guy a pussy. Any man on that GP paddock is the best of the best no denying that.
I just can't stand his constant complaining and whining. It's getting old. He is not winning any more he is pouting like a child. It's annoying and very unsportsmanlike.
Looking at him and listing to his tone of voice I would say the guy is battling a case of depression (probably brought on by Rossi :-)

racedk6
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Maybe I'm a nitpick, but this Aussie is starting to rub me the wrong way. I say he remove his panties, stop diddling around with Tom Cruise in the wee hours in his trailer, and ride his effin bike! :scream1:

[END RANT]

Considering what racers do to race and to get good results. The same flu that sidelines you from work, the fight and still go out and ride a 2 wheeled machine that has more horsepower then alot of peoples average cars. While navagating a road course at break neck speeds. These riders deal with alot of stuff we neither know about or hear about.

Add in the pressure coming from Ducati being he pilots the only one that ends up on the box and he is one of the only ones to bring home a championship in GP for them. Thats alot of bullshit to deal with that you dont deal with on a day to day basis.

So until any of you guys go out and pilot a factory ride in GP you guys should pull the panties out of your asses, and put your purses down. ;);)

JustSomeDude
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
So until any of you guys go out and pilot a factory ride in GP you guys should pull the panties out of your asses, and put your purses down. ;);)

Apparently, many people here are missing the point of my complaint. As noted in my initial post, I do not doubt the talent and ability of ANY MotoGP rider. However, as Graphite675 stated, Stoner's behavior is very unsportsmanlike. A crybaby in ANY sport is called-out as such, and I will not hold MotoGP riders to a different standard simply because they're on a track and not a field, court, rink, etc.

Maybe I was raised with a different approach about sportsmanship. So be it. :dunno: But Stoner's act is getting old. If he truly is ill and broken down, I'd rather he sit quiet at the mic then bitch about how he would've won this race, or should've won that race, or will win next week when he's better. He should shutup and let his riding speak for itself instead of crying like a girl like Jay Cutler. Wah wah wah. :cry:

This isn't about ability, or talent, or what GP riders go through, or stress, or professionalism... It's about sportsmanship, plain and simple. Man up or shut up, I say!

And I couldn't agree with you more, IT WASN'T ME; Rossi got deep inside this guy's head last year, and I don't think he can get him out! :scramble:

kawasakirob
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
If Stoner is getting the results that he is, with the flu or whatever he has, I bet he could do battle up at front and possibly win the race. Stoner is a good rider, and I believe that if he was 100 percent, there could have been some serious battling going on. Remember when Rossi started to complain about his michelins? Everyone said he was starting to puss out and wine because he could not win anymore....he was "fading out". That proved to be a bunch of bullshit. Stoner has the capability to continue to push for the championship, whining or not. At least he has a legitamate excuse to complain.

cromer611
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
sounds to me like someone is calling out a crybaby while being one : P

kawasakirob
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hate to say it, but the biggest complainor in the paddock seems to be Hayden?:dunno:

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:20 PM
At least Hayden is making a nice comeback since Catalunya... seems to be doing better and better on the Duc.

Mother Goose
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
He's a stoner.
CHRONIC fatigue.

JustSomeDude
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
CHRONIC fatigue.

Hiyoooo!!! (http://www.hiyoooo.com)

kawasakirob
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
At least Hayden is making a nice comeback since Catalunya... seems to be doing better and better on the Duc.

He is definetely. I hope it continues. It will be interesting to see how he does at Indy with all of his buddies and fam around. He does well infront of home crowds, always has.

motolitho
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I was thinking about it today and wondering how difficult it must be for Rossi or even Hayden (all those guys in fact), to be in 100% shape all the time. Dealing with a missing fingernail (or finger) or the s**ts- has to be tough. But imagine having a health issue (what if it's kind of embarrassing) that takes you down not only physically -but mentally as well. I think I could deal with the sharp pain of a plated wrist or the like over some kind of fatigue issue. The dudes hard core- I don't care what you say.

pannetron
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Do any of you schmucks travel across continents? There are *so* many different variants of nasty bugs that it's about impossible to develop immunity to the entire planet's worth of crap. Didn't you notice how pale Stoner was at the post race conference a couple of races ago and then missed one conference entirely? He was barely able to sit upright and even then he barely complained. Look, I like Nicky but he's often down where Melandri was on the Duc last season so it's time for *Nicky* to suck it up, take off his Depends and ride around his problems.

Tipys
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thank you!
I've been saying that he is a whiner from day one and keep getting shit from other people about it. The guy needs to stop whining and making up excuses for everything. He is becoming such a cry baby, every week it's something new. Half the riders in the paddock are riding much more beat up then him but you don't here them complaining? Look at Lorenzo, the guy was all busted up this past weekend but you didn't hear him crying.

As far as him being sick, (if he is?) I would guess it all mental/stress. The guy has access to the best doctors in the world and they have not found anything wrong with him. Just like the beginning of the season when he kept crying about his wrist/hand. Doctors (and team manager) said he was perfectly fine, nothing wrong, yet Stoner kept making up excusses about it.

You had you day in the spot light and now it's over. Suck it up and ride like a man and quite complaining!

Hey just because a doctor says they are ok doesn't mean they are ok. Havnt you ever had something hurt or bugging you and a doctor tell you there was nothing wroung. I bet you have.

Also I went 1 year and half with doctor"s before I knew I needed a heart transplant so they don't know everything even the best ones.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
He should just have nurse Adrianna take care of his pansy ass :drool:

http://www.gridcrasher.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/76956552.jpg

racedk6
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Look, I like Nicky but he's often down where Melandri was on the Duc last season so it's time for *Nicky* to suck it up, take off his Depends and ride around his problems.

Have you ever raced on a bike you are not happy with? Have you ever tried to ride around problems while in a competition setting? If you have and actually have been able to ride around them too a top placing finish? Have you done in it on a 250 HP machine trying to keep up with Rossi or Stoner? Those bikes are different type of animal.

Have you also taken into consideration that nobody but Stoner has ridden the 800cc Ducati to a great success? I love how people bitch about a rider and how they ride when they never stop to think about what it takes to go fast on one of those bike. Also the battle with setting up all the electronics to a certain riders style.

Tipys
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Have you ever raced on a bike you are not happy with? Have you ever tried to ride around problems while in a competition setting? If you have and actually have been able to ride around them too a top placing finish? Have you done in it on a 250 HP machine trying to keep up with Rossi or Stoner? Those bikes are different type of animal.

Have you also taken into consideration that nobody but Stoner has ridden the 800cc Ducati to a great success? I love how people bitch about a rider and how they ride when they never stop to think about what it takes to go fast on one of those bike. Also the battle with setting up all the electronics to a certain riders style.

Plus 1 with everything you have said so far

rybo
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Let's not forget that it's his JOB. He gets paid to go fast. I've done a lot of things for my JOB that I didn't like, but that didn't stop me from doing them the best that I can.

I can't speak to what it's like to ride a 250 HP bike, nor can I speak to trying to keep up with a guy like Rossi or Stoner. I've had the pleasure of riding with some KFG's (known fast guys) over the years and the pros live at a different level. They are fast without trying, but to be fastest in the world takes a lot more than talent. All of the guys have that. There is a unique balance required between talent, hard work, knowledge and these days engineering and electronics skills that are required to win the championship at the GP (or any world) level. Teams of technicians spend thousands of hours trying to perfect the package. In years past Valentino Rossi and his crew headed by Jeremy Burgess have understood this better than anyone. A perfect example is when Rossi moved to Yamaha, one of his conditions was that he got to take his entire team with him. Yamaha went from having a bike that could NOT win a race, even when piloted by the massive talent of Max Biaggi, to a winning bike in not just a single season, but a single race. A couple of years ago it looked as if Ducati had found the recipe for that level of success, but they have not been able to maintain, or replicate, it in the intervening years.

Stoner isn't the only problem on the Ducati GP team, the construct of the team itself may be to blame. Rossi has said that one of the reasons he left Honda is because they were too focussed on the technology, the "hardware" part of the problem and that he felt that Yamaha had a better solution and felt he would get more support as a rider from them. He has said that he interviewed Ducati and they too were "hardware" focussed. Ducati GP moved to a very special carbon fiber frame this year that should give them a massive advantage in terms of being able to construct a chassis that is perfect for each rider. That hasn't worked, and their old chassis was probably better. Haga has ridden for years on forks from his Yamaha R7 days because they work for him. The technology only works if the rider can work with it. So far Casey has found a way to deal with the Ducati in ways that no other rider can. In the meantime Rossi and his team continue to show the world how it's done, year after year after year.

Did Rossi get into Stoner's head? Yup, just like he did with Sete years ago, and just like he tried to do with Lorenzo in that last corner pass a few weeks ago. He's playing chess while many of his opponents are playing checkers.

Does Stoner have the talent to win another championship? Yes. So does everyone else on the grid (including melandri) provided that they have the right team and the right support behind them.

Is Stoner a pansy who is making excuses for not winning? Maybe, but I don't think we've seen the last of him.

s

kawasakirob
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Wherever their are races there are always excuses. Last year on "the pass", it would have been interesting to have heard what Rossi would have said if that move was put on him. A good rider can take a top 10 bike and turn it into a a top 5 bike, even a championship bike. Is the bike setup great all the time....no. But that's where the skill comes in. Riding around that crap. I will never know what it feels like to ride something like that, but I bet it is not easy, especially with problems, and especially if I am sliding around in my seat and swallowing puke trying to flow through the corkscrew. It will be great to see Casey back to 100 percent and racing. Hopefully Nicky can start racing everywhere the way he does in the states. It would have been great to see what Bayliss and Stoner could have done.

Graphite675
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hey just because a doctor says they are ok doesn't mean they are ok. Havnt you ever had something hurt or bugging you and a doctor tell you there was nothing wroung. I bet you have.

Also I went 1 year and half with doctor"s before I knew I needed a heart transplant so they don't know everything even the best ones.

I agree with you except Stoner isn't you or me. He is a world champion, multi-million dollar athlete and riding is his job. He isn't going down to the local Doctor on the corner, he has some of the best Doctors in the world looking after him.

Time will tell and if they do find something wrong with him I'll be the first to say I was wrong and apologize but my money says they don't find anything (other then stress).

JustSomeDude
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I love how people bitch about a rider and how they ride when they never stop to think about what it takes to go fast on one of those bike.

I've never done any of the things you mentioned with a 250HP motorcycle. I've also never tossed a 60 yard bomb in front of 65,000 finicky fans, scored a slapshot from the blue line, swam a 400m medley in record time, or performed dance and music in a way that inspired millions. However, none of those accomplishments negate the fact that Philip Rivers is a crybaby, Todd Bertuzzi is a total jagoff, Michael Phelps is an idiot, Michael Jackson is (was) a creepy pedophile, and Casey Stoner is currently acting like a whiner.

I call 'em like I see 'em (or at least how the media presents them)... and am not blinded by talent, celebrity, or fame.

:dunno:

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:46 AM
If Stoner's actually sick, then it's really a great feat that he's still pretty well. If he's not sick & he's just blaming a lack of top podium finishes on a mystery stomach bug then he's a pansy.

You're right in that I've never been on a 250 hp bike with Rossi up my ass or on my front tire, but then again, I haven't been racing bikes since I was 4 years old and had the past 20 someodd years to learn to cope with pressure, expectations, and less than perfect bikes.

Stoner's a highly visible athlete under a lot of perssure, but he's also thrived on the pressure in the past, so I'm not really interested in the "you just don't know" reaction b/c none of us will ever know. Most of us haven't played NFL football against angry guys who are the size and weight of household appliances, but Terrel Owens sure was being a big fat pansy when he was crying about people picking on Tony Romo. Bet he's used to pressure & high level performance and being in the spotlight, but he can still be a big fat baby.

So. The question is, is Stoner really sick and battling a hindering illness, tempermental bike, and the best riders in the world? Or is he being a primadonna that is pouting, huffing & puffing, and blaming everything but himself for not replicating his previous success?

As a side note, if I'm feeling a little sickand I've gotta go out & attend a meeting, play a soccer game, get on the bike & ride, or do something that requires a majority of my attention the sickness & ill feeling often gets pushed pretty far back into my head. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys felt like death before they get on the bike and as soon as they dismount, but the rest of the world & their ill feelings disappear once they're on two wheels.

edit: damn, JSD ninja'd my example!!

asp_125
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Talk about sucking it up and riding hurt.. here's Lorenzo after the podium on Sunday, getting some help getting down the stairs.

Desmodromico
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Props to Lorenzo, a dislocated collarbone is a bad one to ride with, I can't imagine the pain that would cause under braking...

JustSomeDude
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:34 AM
In an unrelated series... How about Haga likely making it back in time for Brno after that nasty high side at Donington?! A plate and screws into his ulna... and two previously broken vertebrate that healed "without medical intervention"?!?! :crazy: Suck that Stoner!!!

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=334687&FS=

kawasakirob
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I love how people bitch about a rider and how they ride when they never stop to think about what it takes to go fast on one of those bike .

Especially when you have some green/brown pasty residue always exposing itself through out your backside, threatening to stain your leathers. As for people trying to battle electronics, and finding a suitable position, (are we talking about Nicky?) His experiance in MotoGp and Ducati's gurus should be able to come up with something. Nicky is a Champ, and he did an awesome job winning the title, but the whole Pedrosa/ Puig Deal at Honda and now Ducati making substantial changes to the bike to suit him? It will be interesting to see how his results end up, I'll be rooting for him, like always, as well as Edwards. GO Edwards.