PDA

View Full Version : R2SL 2009 Photos

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I took a buch of pics myself, but this one has to be my favorite! LOL Riding 2 up is one thing...but going at track speeds was just unreal!
So here is our very own RForsythe about to ride 2 up with Mark (one of the Yamaha Track School instructors).

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/medicjessie/063.jpg

SaShWhO
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
:think:
:gay:

konichd
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Ralph and the reach around FTW! ;)

cdrewferd
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM
That's awesome they used an FZ1. Makes me consider them even more for my next bike.

Sean
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
:think:TONS of riders (and racers) did 2 up rides. It's the best way to see the lines, breaking points and acceleration spots without having to worry about riding.

:gay:If you got passed by them (which I did, many times), and saw the speeds they were going....you'd be singing a different tune. :shocked:

Shea
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
If you got passed by them (which I did, many times), and saw the speeds they were going....you'd be singing a different tune. :shocked:
:imwithstupid:

BeoBe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:30 PM
wheres the rest of the pics?

Sean
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Here's a few more. Mostly people and not much riding.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mr7string/Racing2SaveLives09

Here's a video I put up of eklew. It's on facebook, so I don't know if everybody can watch it. But if you can, it's good. He's hauling ass on the east track.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=101342867725&ref=nf

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:55 PM
TONS of riders (and racers) did 2 up rides. It's the best way to see the lines, breaking points and acceleration spots without having to worry about riding.

If you got passed by them (which I did, many times), and saw the speeds they were going....you'd be singing a different tune. :shocked:
Yeah... when I rode 2 up with Rybo we passed a bunch of people with MY fat butt on that bike :scramble:! We were hauling ass and it was a GREAT experience for me before actually ever getting on the track on my own. Just watching the lines and feeling what all that bike can do and then some.... it was awesome!

BeoBe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
i dont know why but i hate being in the passenger seat in cars, and i dont like being on the back of a bike either..

i dont think ill ever dick to butt with another dude on a bike though, just looks weird and cant feel very cool either

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
^^You'd be amazed what's gay at 60 mph, but feels cool at 150 mph

Boy Scout
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM
i dont think ill ever dick to butt with another dude on a bike though, just looks weird and cant feel very cool either
Whatever, Dude. Your leathers ought to prevent any temptations you might have. If they can't contain your dick, you shouldn't be riding in them. Also, keep in mind that the pilot has on leathers for double protection just in case you can't restrain yourself and/or something slips out. :roll:

^^You'd be amazed what's gay at 60 mph, but feels cool at 150 mph
:up:

The only thing potentially gay about it, is being concerned about what someone else might think. Who gives a shit what it looks like? It feels good!

Thanks, Rybo! I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Aside from being educational (i.e. lines, leans, brakes, throttle, etc.) it gave me a much better understanding of what the bike is truly capable of.

Think you're pushing the limits of your bike? Most would probably be very surprised.

By the way Rybo, it looked like you were still walking just fine after our ride. It didn't hurt much did it? :roll:

rybo
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Rybo! I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Aside from being educational (i.e. lines, leans, brakes, throttle, etc.) it gave me a much better understanding of what the bike is truly capable of.

Think you're pushing the limits of your bike? Most would probably be very surprised.

By the way Rybo, it looked like you were still walking just fine after our ride. It didn't hurt much did it? :roll:

Yeah, the only thing that hurt after the weekend was my hands, they take a lot of abuse doing the 2 up rides.

Thanks Nate, I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it enlightening in some way. Modern sportbikes are really amazing machines, and rarely do we mere mortals get to explore the limits of their abilities.

The 2-Up rides are something really special and something I started doing at R2SL 3 years ago on a streetbike. Eventually the owner of the ZRX-1200 I was using got sick of me having to buy him a new set of footpegs each year, so last year I started using my streetbike for the task. This year, in conjunction with Utah Sportbike Rentals (thanks Chris!) were able to put together a specific 2-Up bike with a handle welded onto the gas tank for the passenger to hold on to. I'm very proud of this part of our event and think that it adds greatly to what we are doing.

Is it gay? Nope. In fact I think it takes a supreme level of confidence in yourself to surrender this amount of trust and control to another person.

Here are some pictures of 2-up rides from this year and a couple years past.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Yup...it was amazing and VERY educational! I cannot even begin to describe how glad I am that I did the 2 up ride before I went out on my own. It convinced me that the bike indeed can do what it needs to and that I really need to take the track school (also awesome!).
Here's a link to some of my other photos from the R2SL weekend:
http://picasaweb.google.com/medicjess/R2SL2009#

Thanks to everybody for the great weekend!!!

pauliep
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Has anyone seen the photos that were on the CD provided to Warren yet?

Sean
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Ralph said they aren't up yet, but he's working on them.