PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know you were being quoted?

rforsythe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Sportbikers-and-ABATE-Can-the-twain-meet

I'd also like to say thanks for giving really good responses. It makes our club, and the riders in this state look better when you all do this, especially with this being a publicly-accessible forum.

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I think it's always safe to assume that when you post in a public forum, it's possible that you will be quoted somewhere.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I think it's always safe to assume that when you post in a public forum, it's possible that you will be quoted somewhere.

I agree Jim. I just think it's cool that our members come across so much better than similar forums at a national level. Speaks volumes about the people here.

dchd1130
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Sportbikers-and-ABATE-Can-the-twain-meet (http://www.examiner.com/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner%7Ey2009m7d6-Sportbikers-and-ABATE-Can-the-twain-meet)

I'd also like to say thanks for giving really good responses. It makes our club, and the riders in this state look better when you all do this, especially with this being a publicly-accessible forum.

Repost:dunno:

OK, I wanted to let you know that I just put up the first part of what became a four-part article on this topic. You can find it here:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Sportbikers-and-ABATE-Can-the-twain-meet (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner%7Ey2009m7d6-Sportbikers-and-ABATE-Can-the-twain-meet)

For anyone who might have trouble with that link, just go to
http://www.examiner.com/x-378-Motorcycle-Examiner
and look for the article dated July 6, 2009, titled "Sportbikers and ABATE: Can the twain meet?"

I want to thank you for your comments and welcome any follow-up comments you have to offer, either here or as comments to the post. If it's all right with you guys I'd like to stay in touch from time to time to get your thoughts on other topics as they come along. Thanks again.

Bueller
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
CSBC? :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
CSBC? :lol:

It's the Canadia branch of the club :canuck:

salsashark
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Couldn't have been the CSC... there were no kitteh pictures :wtf:

Horsman
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:52 PM
God, I hope they never quote me...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/caveman2.jpg

Ricky
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
It's the Canadia branch of the club :canuck:

:lol:

InlineSIX24
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I agree Jim. I just think it's cool that our members come across so much better than similar forums at a national level. Speaks volumes about the people here.

And we learned this last week that our state has skinnier people too.

DavidofColorado
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Even without the kitteh pictures I thought it was a very nice article. But I don't think that mandatory helmets is our goal here. Sure we wear them but don't think it needs to be a law.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Even without the kitteh pictures I thought it was a very nice article. But I don't think that mandatory helmets is our goal here. Sure we wear them but don't think it needs to be a law.

I believe they got that point, yes.

#1Townie
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
dude if we bring in a helmet law how in the hell am i going to ride around with my 800 dollar helemt to the side and my newly bleached hair..

its cool i just cut holes in a shity lid and my hair can stick up that way..

DavidofColorado
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I would rather see them focus more on lane splitting and less on helmets. I wear a helmet all the time and I don't think I can ride without one. But it seams like a bad idea to force a rider to use one when lane splitting could be a good place to spend our time.

I read the examiner all the time too. Howard Nemerov is my favorite writer on there.

#1Townie
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I would rather see them focus more on lane splitting and less on helmets. I wear a helmet all the time and I don't think I can ride without one. But it seams like a bad idea to force a rider to use one when lane splitting could be a good place to spend our time.

I read the examiner all the time too. Howard Nemerov is my favorite writer on there.

have you ever split lanes?? the times we would do it on the cali side of tahoe it was damn near not worth the drama that came with it.. cars seeing a group splitting so they open doors change lanes just try to kill you.. is it fun?? yeah but i dont want to end up under a car...

DavidofColorado
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
have you ever split lanes?? the times we would do it on the cali side of tahoe it was damn near not worth the drama that came with it.. cars seeing a group splitting so they open doors change lanes just try to kill you.. is it fun?? yeah but i dont want to end up under a car...
I was spliting lanes getting out of the parking lot of the fireworks show the other day. People were pissed but I passed them before they could do anything about it.
I did it again coming out of the concert at red rocks. It was always on private property but I didn't see the need to wait like everyone else. They weren't getting rained on.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I guess I rescind what I said about intelligent responses to these threads...

Oh well.

chanke4252
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 03:24 AM

I agree, it's cool. I'm pretty amazed at the people who bash abate though as if they somehow bring ANY additional stigma or negative effects to motorcycling other than maybe abate being known as the "no helmet guys" to some people who misunderstand their stance on the issue. I wonder how much of the difference in attitudes at the national level has to do with abate's presence varying in different regions? Could it be the case that abate members' stance on anti helmet/anti helmet-law varies by region as well, which is why they are perceived differently? Just a thought.

modette99
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM

DavidofColorado
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I've never met a ABATE member but I don't dismiss their ideas out of hand. I leave that for other older members of this group to do. I would like to hear more about their doctrine.

TFOGGuys
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I guess I rescind what I said about intelligent responses to these threads...

Oh well.

:pointlaugh:

#1Townie
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I was spliting lanes getting out of the parking lot of the fireworks show the other day. People were pissed but I passed them before they could do anything about it.
I did it again coming out of the concert at red rocks. It was always on private property but I didn't see the need to wait like everyone else. They weren't getting rained on.
hahaha i never try to leave the same time as the masses.. but you said it right there "people were pissed".. is it worth getting killed over?? you plus bike maybe and i mean a big maybe 600 pounds?? car little little little car 1500 pounds.. car will win 99.9 percent of the time..

chanke4252
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
^ Sorry I have meet plenty of ABATE members, I do not believe what they stand for.

I think it's important to consider the stance of individuals versus the organization. Sure if MOST people in abate were anti-helmet (and there's definitely a few of them) it would be one thing, but I in no way believe that.

DavidofColorado
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
hahaha i never try to leave the same time as the masses.. but you said it right there "people were pissed".. is it worth getting killed over?? you plus bike maybe and i mean a big maybe 600 pounds?? car little little little car 1500 pounds.. car will win 99.9 percent of the time..
I blew passed them before they knew I was there. And when they seen me they were to late to do anything about it. I was gone. But if I was to afraid to take advantage of opportunities when they come I wouldn't ride a bike.

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
You kaint quote me boy cuz I aint said shit.

#1Townie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I blew passed them before they knew I was there. And when they seen me they were to late to do anything about it. I was gone. But if I was to afraid to take advantage of opportunities when they come I wouldn't ride a bike.

hahaha

please cm or any one else is this how dumb i sound most of the time??

DavidofColorado
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 06:08 AM
hahaha

please cm or any one else is this how dumb i sound most of the time??
I would never call your opinion dumb. However, calling mine dumb makes me think you're pretty stupid. Hope that helps.:alien:

#1Townie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:42 PM
hahaha simmer down just go split some lanes youll feel better..

DavidofColorado
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:02 PM
hahaha simmer down just go split some lanes youll feel better..
What the happened to your spelling? I don't remember it being this bad. Just wondering, if I can read typist I can read anything.:slappers:

#1Townie
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:42 PM
hahaha no cut out a few things there to help cool the talk.. but if you realy want to know it did say

simmer down squidly.. go split some lanes and make us all feel better..

455bird
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Do you actually know anyone that was "murdered" while lane splitting? I've seem to be having this conversation with a lot of people while I'm here in Texas and most people say virtually the same thing, but I've yet to know anyone that has been killed by someone in a car solely because of splitting lanes. I'll admit I haven't done any research on it, but I lived on Camp Pendleton in SoCal for over 5 years and the only death or injuries I know of caused by cagers was accidental, or ignorant.

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Do you actually know anyone that was "murdered" while lane splitting? I've seem to be having this conversation with a lot of people while I'm here in Texas and most people say virtually the same thing, but I've yet to know anyone that has been killed by someone in a car solely because of splitting lanes. I'll admit I haven't done any research on it, but I lived on Camp Pendleton in SoCal for over 5 years and the only death or injuries I know of caused by cagers was accidental, or ignorant.While I agree with you. I feel it time to remind people that we have the Alice factor here. Watch out passing small imports or hybrid vehicles, because they may be jamming to Alice.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Do you actually know anyone that was "murdered" while lane splitting? I've seem to be having this conversation with a lot of people while I'm here in Texas and most people say virtually the same thing, but I've yet to know anyone that has been killed by someone in a car solely because of splitting lanes. I'll admit I haven't done any research on it, but I lived on Camp Pendleton in SoCal for over 5 years and the only death or injuries I know of caused by cagers was accidental, or ignorant.

but how many deaths by cars are ever called murder??? u think any person is going to say yeah i seen that mother fucker cutting lanes so i got my chance and took his as out?? more commin story is more like i never seen him... passed as another accident..

Wintermute
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, the shitty situational awareness of cagers would make me worried as hell to split lanes even if it were legal here.

The craziest thing I saw was about 50 Hell's Angels splitting lanes in rush hour traffic outside St. Louis. Those 2%ers, looking for any law to break...

#1Townie
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah, the shitty situational awareness of cagers would make me worried as hell to split lanes even if it were legal here.

The craziest thing I saw was about 50 Hell's Angels splitting lanes in rush hour traffic outside St. Louis. Those 2%ers, looking for any law to break...

hahaha some one should tell them they are giving us all a bad name!!!