PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Out Of A Job ;-)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah I know :horse:--- but in my workplace it has been a rough five years for some. I was intimately involved in a past life with the investigative committee. Here's the Chancellor's memo to staff:

TO: CU Boulder Faculty, Staff, Students,
System Administration

SENDER: chancellor@Colorado.EDU (chancellor@Colorado.EDU)

DATE: July 7, 2009

SUBJECT: Ruling by Denver Judge on Ward Churchill Case

Dear faculty, staff and students of the University of Colorado at Boulder:

As many of you know by now, a Denver judge today dismissed Ward Churchill's case against the University of Colorado Board of Regents and ruled that it would be inappropriate to return him to the faculty.

While legal maneuvers in this case will likely continue, I believe this to be an appropriate ruling that vindicates our defense of academic integrity at CU-Boulder. From the beginning, we have held that this was not a case involving free speech, but a case centered in the most fundamental of our
values: academic honesty and truth in scholarship. These are values that guide our faculty, that we impart to our students, and that the public expects of us. We stood for them in a court of law, and more importantly, we must continue to stand for them in our daily work at CU.

In doing so, it is wise to remember that a single professor, no matter how outspoken or controversial, does not - and cannot - define an entire university. We are still what we have been since long before Professor Churchill arrived: a community that is diverse, complex and accomplished.
Indeed, today, we are much more: a community that continues to set its sights upon redefining the very concept of a public university. Our work is continuing with renewed purpose, determination and imagination.

I believe what is most important at this juncture is for us to immerse ourselves in this vision at every level of activity, and rededicate ourselves to the advancement of our students and our university. We continue to face a difficult budget predicament nationally and locally. The challenges of creating a vibrant, relevant and transformative curriculum remain. Our call to inspire our students amid an uncertain, changing world is as loud as ever.

So with these challenges before us, let me thank you for your service to the university, and to our students for their idealism, energy and focus.
Together, we will meet these challenges, and in the process, achieve amazing things for Colorado, the nation and the world.

Sincerely,

Phil DiStefano, Chancellor
University of Colorado at Boulder

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
GREAT! what an arrogant douche-bag that Churchill guy is. Now I wish he would just go crawl back into what ever pit toilet he crawled out of in the first place.

McVaaahhh
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Glad he's pretty much lost all of his court battles. Well, he was awarded $1 in damages right? :lol:

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
That "little Eichman" comment he made sealed that deal. What a prick.

dchd1130
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hes actually a fairly nice guy. He comes into to my shop a few times a year. Not that Im saying I agree with his beliefs or anything. Just that hes a friendly reasonable person from my dealings with him.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hes actually a fairly nice guy. He comes into to my shop a few times a year. Not that Im saying I agree with his beliefs or anything. Just that hes a friendly reasonable person from my dealings with him.

I hear from reliable sources that he's a womanizer with a temper / borderline violent person.

dchd1130
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I hear from reliable sources that he's a womanizer with a temper / borderline violent person.

Well Im not a woman.... so I cant dispute that.

Just saying he has always been polite to me, even when things don't go exactly as they are supposed to.

The first time he came in, my initial though was that I should throw him out. I didnt obviously, and every transaction Ive had with him has been pleasant. Ive never had any conversations with him out side of the business at hand, but Ive gotten the impression that a lot of what he has said is just to get people... well to react as most people have.

Shea
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I suspect that if you started questioning his beliefs he would turn into an asshole pretty quick :)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I suspect that if you started questioning his beliefs he would turn into an asshole pretty quick :)

Just tell him he's wrong.