PDA

View Full Version : CCW Saved Me a Ticket

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:00 AM
So I jump in the car at 10pm this evening to head to Denver for work and flip on my head lights and one is out. Well crap, I just know I'm going to get pulled over. Sh*tty thing is, my plates expired beginning of this month. Ticket waiting to happen, I know. So, driving south on I-25 and I pass 2 CSP Tropers on the shoulder. Headlights go on as soon as I pass and I know I am getting pulled over.

So I am on the side of the highway he walks up to my window and I hand him my DL and my CCW cuz I have my .380 in the concole next to me. Honesty is the best policy ya know. So he asks me why I carry. I told him I work nights in denver and he says "Ah, Denver is the only place I carry off duty too". He asks what I carried bla bla bla gun talk, "can I have you're regestation and insurance". Holy Crap, where did it go, I cant find either.

Long story short(er), headlight out, expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehical registry. NO TICKET. I have had tickets for less, had to have been the CCW. :yay:

Any like expeariances?

And before you post anything, most of the above problems will be remedied tomorrow.

Ceez
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Nice, my compadre has a CCW as he bounty hunts part time. He has been pulled over for speeding a couple of times and got the same treatment, was asked why he carried and then the gun talk begins. Always gets let off with a warning. Wish I could carry...:(

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:48 AM
See I figured it was more of a common ground thing and not a intimidation thing. Plus a person has to have a relatively clean record to obtain a CCW. So presenting it says "Look, I'm not a criminal and I am law abiding." I think, to the officer, it takes some of the mystery out of what kind of individual I am.

MVBrutaleRider
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 06:47 AM
shit, i am carrying damn near all the time and my CCW has NEVER got me out of a ticket... usually it just gets me in handcuffs while they search my car!

generally though I am a good rider/driver so if i get pulled over it is usually because i did something REALLY stupid! lol.

but all of the cops appreciate it when you let them know the skinny right up front.

- Justin

CaneZach
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Wait a second... I thought all cops were nothing but jack-booted thugs who were bullies in high school and had thimble-sized penises so they carry a badge and a gun to make up for their inadequacies? Or have I just spent too much time on this board???:rolleyes:

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:56 AM
The CCW was probby part of it, but he also pulled you over for minor offenses that would just end up being "fix it" tickets or a small fine at best. That and the fact that you were polite, straight forward, and not a prick probably give him ample reason to let you go. Good post tho!

Zach, lots of folks on here don't like police officers, but not all of us mang! I have no problem with 'em! When I get pulled over, it's always been 'cause I was doing something stupid! If I'm not willing to take the ticket, then I shouldn't be acting dumb! If you're referring to the "Denver Police Sue City" thread, that's not even anti-police, it's just a qustion of whether anyone should get paid to get dressed in the morning!

Canuck
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
No Chris. That thread has been turned into an anti-union slant from Libertarian know nothings.

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
No Chris. That thread has been turned into an anti-union slant from Libertarian know nothings.

Any time you want to step up and enlighten us Canuck, feel free. Or you can just question people's intelligence in a feeble attempt to feel superior...you're call.

Ricky
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I kinda doubt it was specifically the CCW... More than anything, I bet it was the straightforward honesty. If you are straight with the cops and show them what you've got, even if it's illegal, they tend to be more lenient. Try to hide shit from them, or throw them attitude, and that's when they get pissed.

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Wow. Harsh.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:rolleyes:

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I kinda doubt it was specifically the CCW... More than anything, I bet it was the straightforward honesty. If you are straight with the cops and show them what you've got, even if it's illegal, they tend to be more lenient. Try to hide shit from them, or throw them attitude, and that's when they get pissed.
I think it comes down to "if you make my job hard, I'll make your life hard. If you make things easy, I've got no reason to come down on you." Common courtesy & polite honesty is something that is becoming more and more rare in currenty society and I'm sure even more scarce for police officers making routine stops.

Ricky
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I think it comes down to "if you make my job hard, I'll make your life hard. If you make things easy, I've got no reason to come down on you." Common courtesy & polite honesty is something that is becoming more and more rare in currenty society and I'm sure even more scarce for police officers making routine stops.

Exactly

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM

I would agree to a certain point. Any time I've been pulled over I have been nice, polite and respectful...and always gotten a ticket. But grats on not getting a ticket man, whatever the reason :)

Ricky
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Don't get me wrong... I've been nice & polite and still gotten a ticket, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Don't get me wrong... I've been nice & polite and still gotten a ticket, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.
+1
But then again, I was performing a ticketable offense at the time.

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
, but I've also gotten myself out of LOTS of trouble by just being straightforward and honest.

Pretty good advice for all areas of life right there :)

MAZIN
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Well you did the right thing handing over the ccw with your license, any thing you can do to put the leo at ease the better off you will be, congrats!!!

Canuck
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Any time you want to step up and enlighten us Canuck, feel free. Or you can just question people's intelligence in a feeble attempt to feel superior...you're call.

Wow Shea, you are the sensetive one. I never questioned your intelligence nor anyone elese with that statement. I just get tired of hearing and reading the stance of the Libertarian movent and how they act like the enlightened ones. I should know, I used to be a Libertarian, a staunch one at that.

You used that Police thread as an opportunity to slam all unions, when that wasn't a Union issue. It had to do with Federal Labour laws. Now after saying that, I don't support the law suit, but that doesn't matter.

bulldog
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
So I jump in the car at 10pm this evening to head to Denver for work and flip on my head lights and one is out. Well crap, I just know I'm going to get pulled over. Sh*tty thing is, my plates expired beginning of this month. Ticket waiting to happen, I know. So, driving south on I-25 and I pass 2 CSP Tropers on the shoulder. Headlights go on as soon as I pass and I know I am getting pulled over.

So I am on the side of the highway he walks up to my window and I hand him my DL and my CCW cuz I have my .380 in the concole next to me. Honesty is the best policy ya know. So he asks me why I carry. I told him I work nights in denver and he says "Ah, Denver is the only place I carry off duty too". He asks what I carried bla bla bla gun talk, "can I have you're regestation and insurance". Holy Crap, where did it go, I cant find either.

Long story short(er), headlight out, expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehical registry. NO TICKET. I have had tickets for less, had to have been the CCW. :yay:

Any like expeariances?

And before you post anything, most of the above problems will be remedied tomorrow. Serious you have expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehicle registraion and get away with it. Wow, I am all for people getting breaks, but those things are pretty important to have with the privledge of driving. Please tell me you at least have these things, but they were not in your car!

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow Shea, you are the sensetive one. I never questioned your intelligence nor anyone elese with that statement. I just get tired of hearing and reading the stance of the Libertarian movent and how they act like the enlightened ones. I should know, I used to be a Libertarian, a staunch one at that.

I'm tired of the liberals on this board claiming an enlightened stance (on any subject) and hearing how profoundly intelligent you are vis-a-vis anyone who disagrees with you. Yet all you can do is belittle people without ever defending a position or providing any sort of debate/counter debate on the points provided.

"Libertarian know nothings" - I'm sure you meant that as a compliment. Could be wrong though.

I used to be a Libertarian just like you in ideological thought. But then I became enlightened.

Yeah...

You used that Police thread as an opportunity to slam all unions, when that wasn't a Union issue. It had to do with Federal Labour laws. Now after saying that, I don't support the law suit, but that doesn't matter.

It is a union issue as the union is the entity suing. However, I didn't start the union-bashing but if you want to blame it on me, knock yourself out.

CaneZach
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Zach, lots of folks on here don't like police officers, but not all of us mang! I have no problem with 'em! When I get pulled over, it's always been 'cause I was doing something stupid! If I'm not willing to take the ticket, then I shouldn't be acting dumb! If you're referring to the "Denver Police Sue City" thread, that's not even anti-police, it's just a qustion of whether anyone should get paid to get dressed in the morning!

Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong or say "Sure, I was at 100, but that other guy was doing 102!!! Why'd he pull me over???". It's always the cop "picking on" them.

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong. It's always the cop "picking on" them.

hehe, I can honestly say that every time I've been pulled over it was legit :)

Well maybe that one time I got pulled over for the front license plate in my Talon. Definitely got the feeling they were profiling me. Guess I should have called the ACLU on that one...

whitebrad
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong. It's always the cop "picking on" them.

i would venture to guess that this thread supports the theory that the cops 'pick' on people, as the cops do pick and choose who they enforce laws on, and why and all kinds of things for no rhyme or reason...

i think it would make more sense if as soon as the officer clears your name you got to rochambeau to get out of the ticket... makes more sense than the current practice of officers picking on certain people...

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM

question your intelligence, WHAT??? Oh, I meant "you're" intelligence:banghead:

hehe, I can honestly say that every time I've been pulled over it was legit :)

Well maybe that one time I got pulled over for the front license plate in my Talon. Definitely got the feeling they were profiling me. Guess I should have called the ACLU on that one...

If anyone thinks that cops don't profile, they are kinda stupid! I dammm sure do it and I'm not a cop, ya know....

Just funnin ya Shea ;)

bulldog
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:15 PM
i would venture to guess that this thread supports the theory that the cops 'pick' on people, as the cops do pick and choose who they enforce laws on, and why and all kinds of things for no rhyme or reason....
+1

Ricky
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM

I laugh when people are telling others to be intelligent, then they use the wrong "your/you're" or "there/their/they're". Glad I didn't have to be the one to point that out :lol:

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I laugh when people are telling others to be intelligent, then they use the wrong "your/you're" or "there/their/they're". Glad I didn't have to be the one to point that out :lol:

Well, I'm not in state anymore:( and don't get the chance to bust Shea's chops much so I gotta get them while I can!

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Damnit Elliot how dare you point out my grammatical errors! :)

If anyone thinks that cops don't profile, they are kinda stupid! I dammm sure do it and I'm not a cop, ya know....

Just funnin ya Shea ;)

Black sports car, triple A-pillar, big exhaust and a blow off valve that I generally use to scare the crap out of soccer moms...yeah I got the feeling the whole stop was "take it easy we are watching you".

Canuck
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'm tired of the liberals on this board claiming an enlightened stance (on any subject) and hearing how profoundly intelligent you are vis-a-vis anyone who disagrees with you. Yet all you can do is belittle people without ever defending a position or providing any sort of debate/counter debate on the points provided.

"Libertarian know nothings" - I'm sure you meant that as a compliment. Could be wrong though.

Yeah...

It is a union issue as the union is the entity suing. However, I didn't start the union-bashing but if you want to blame it on me, knock yourself out.

Here you go again with the martyr-ism.
Since you seem to keep a Rolodex of quotes from your enemies list, then look up any time I belittled you and your beliefs.

For the record, I'm not a "Liberal", so why you keep calling me one I have not a clue. What is up with the mentality of this country when everyone feels like they have to belong on a team or group. I believe that being typecast into one ideology is flawed and that's were I'm coming from with that statement.
You hear this shit all the time from people. I'm this or I'm that. Yeah, it must be easy to classify yourself under one ideological roof.

You, Shea are the one who has 'gone off' an a particular subject and expressed your views. For the past several months, I have pretty much kept to myself. There are times I agree with you and there are times I don't. But I am too busy in my life (especially recently) to respond to any thread of interest. After five years of dealing with this shit on a Motorcycle forum, it becomes too old and repetative.

Tell you what Shea, I have to ge back to my Union Career, so if you would like to come over to Bostons, I'll shake your hand (like I do with everyone on this forum) and I'll buy you a beer and we can discuss further. :)

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Actually, it has nothing to do with that tread at all. I understand peoples' complaints to the lawsuit because I'm a cop and I think it's ridiculous. My complaint is mainly with the people who refuse to admit they did anything wrong or say "Sure, I was at 100, but that other guy was doing 102!!! Why'd he pull me over???". It's always the cop "picking on" them.
You'll find no argument to that here! People's lack of personal responsibility is a particular pet peeve of mine!

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I'll shake your hand (like I do with everyone on this forum)
Nice. Make fun of the amputees. facist.

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 04:42 PM
i think it would make more sense if as soon as the officer clears your name you got to rochambeau to get out of the ticket... makes more sense than the current practice of officers picking on certain people...

Nevermind the last part... it should be a straight Rochambeau to determine if you get out of a ticket or not. Right then and there... get out of the car, get in your boxers, sit on the ground with legs spread, and the officer throws a dog bone from 20 paces. :lol::lol::lol:

whitebrad
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Nevermind the last part... it should be a straight Rochambeau to determine if you get out of a ticket or not. Right then and there... get out of the car, get in your boxers, sit on the ground with legs spread, and the officer throws a dog bone from 20 paces. :lol::lol::lol:

+1

but just for the record, i don't know what all that is, i was thinking the more classic way, paper/rock/scissors!

but any way is better than what we got now!

p.s. what happens with the dog bone and why do i gotta be in my boxers?

willb003
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
^ have you seen the movie "jackass"

whitebrad
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
^ have you seen the movie "jackass"

nope

Tipys
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Hey I have taken 100 percent of the blame for every ticket that I have received when I was doing something wrong. I have one that I should have never even pulled over for and its the only one that still bugs me. Cop must have been color blind is what I am thinking what happened. (green to yellow one car length from the light yellow all the way throw the intersection and I some how ran a red light.)

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Serious you have expired tags, no proof of insurance or vehicle registraion and get away with it. Wow, I am all for people getting breaks, but those things are pretty important to have with the privledge of driving. Please tell me you at least have these things, but they were not in your car!

Oh ya, my car is completely legit. I have no idea where my reg. went to, but I just switched insurance companies and I don't have a printer to print out the "temp" proof although I took pics with my phone so I can at least show the proof. The tags are going to have to wait till my next pay check.

Slo
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Do you need a CCW to carry in the car here in CO? In FL it was perfectly legal and there is no such actual 3 step rule, biggest myth. At least in FL, the statute mentioned that it couldn't be in your direct reach and had to be holstered.

Also didn't say anything about having it chambered or not....

Nerves
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
In Co your car is considered an extension of your home and no license is needed to have it anywhere in your vehicle. I'm not sure about whether it can be chambered or not. I never keep mine with one in the tube unless it is on my person in a holster.

Slo
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:52 AM
In Co your car is considered an extension of your home

Thanks, that's what I figured.

whitebrad
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
that whole extension of your car thing? not exactly true... w

Slo
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
so a little research:

See C.R.S. 18-12-204
(3) (a) A person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:

(I) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense; or

(II) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is legally engaged in hunting activities within the state.

(b) The provisions of this subsection (3) shall not be construed to authorize the carrying of a handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-105 or 18-12-105.5.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
33-6-125. Possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.
It is unlawful to possess any firearm, other than a pistol or revolver, in or on any motor vehicle unless the chamber of such firearm is unloaded. For the purposes of this section, a "muzzle-loader" shall be considered unloaded if it is not primed, and, for such purpose, "primed" means having a percussion cap on the nipple or flint in the striker and powder in the flash pan.
Can I carry while on a motorcycle? CONDITIONAL YES
18-12-105. Unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon - unlawful possession of weapons.
(2) It shall not be an offense if the defendant was:
(b) A person in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance who carries a weapon for lawful protection of such person's or another's person or property while traveling
(Just remember that if you stop at a prohibited carry location i.e. school or court, you will have to leave the weapon in your vehicle. With motorcycles, this is not an option.)
----------------------------------------------------------------

whitebrad
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
so a little research:

See C.R.S. 18-12-204
(3) (a) A person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:

(I) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense; or

(II) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is legally engaged in hunting activities within the state.

(b) The provisions of this subsection (3) shall not be construed to authorize the carrying of a handgun in violation of the provisions of section 18-12-105 or 18-12-105.5.

33-6-125. Possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.
It is unlawful to possess any firearm, other than a pistol or revolver, in or on any motor vehicle unless the chamber of such firearm is unloaded. For the purposes of this section, a "muzzle-loader" shall be considered unloaded if it is not primed, and, for such purpose, "primed" means having a percussion cap on the nipple or flint in the striker and powder in the flash pan.
Can I carry while on a motorcycle? CONDITIONAL YES
18-12-105. Unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon - unlawful possession of weapons.
(2) It shall not be an offense if the defendant was:
(b) A person in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance who carries a weapon for lawful protection of such person's or another's person or property while traveling
(Just remember that if you stop at a prohibited carry location i.e. school or court, you will have to leave the weapon in your vehicle. With motorcycles, this is not an option.)
----------------------------------------------------------------
tell it to edgewater, or any other of the little towns with their own laws...

Rhino
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I guess they need to make this statewide.

I got yanked this morning. 73 in a 65 on 470 in morning rush hour.

As I passed, I saw him put down his radar and head for the bike, thinking he got someone behind me. What happened to 9 is fine, 10 you're mine? :banghead:

He almost rubbed my bumper about .6 miles down the road. I pulled over, not just the asphalt shoulder, but into the dirt to give him safety from traffic. He didn't sit back and run my plates, he was at my passenger window pronto. I had my hands on the wheel. I rolled down the pass. window.

Speeding, no seatbelt... License, registration, insurance.

I gave him license, ccw, dug though my 3 insurance cards, 3 registrations. He asked if I was carrying. I told him yes. He collected the rest of the docs, then told me to come around the truck, hands where he can see them. The I got to do the "hands behind your head" routine. He held my hands behind my head as he relieved me of my weapon and asked if I had anything else. "pocketknife", he didn't care. Told me to get back in the truck, keep my hands on the wheel.

Came back with the no seatbelt ticket. Had me sign it. Then mag, "barney bullet" (his words), and pistol.

Fucking hooray for revenue collection. Like I might snap after 32 years of clean living and "bust a cap in his ass" for a seatbelt ticket.

So, 2 questions:

When did the CSP join forces with ticketmaster? $65 ticket + $7 for...being pulled over? + $2.50 for DNA from Felons?

2. If he wasn't on the bike when I passed at 73, how fast did he need to be going to catch me in .6 miles?

TFOGGuys
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM
tell it to edgewater, or any other of the little towns with their own laws...

The Colorado General Assembly already has:

18-12-105.6. Limitation on local ordinances regarding firearms in private vehicles. (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=FifLink&t=document-frame.htm&l=query&iid=5ae26baf.54ec967d.0.0&q=%5BGroup%20%2718-12-105.6%27%5D)

(1) The general assembly hereby finds that:

(a) A person carrying a weapon in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance for hunting or for lawful protection of such person's or another's person or property, as permitted in sections 18-12-105 (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=FifLink&t=document-frame.htm&l=jump&iid=COCODE&d=18-12-105&sid=5ae26baf.54ec967d.0.0#JD_18-12-105) (2) (b) and 18-12-105.5 (3) (c), may tend to travel within a county, city and county, or municipal jurisdiction or in or through different county, city and county, and municipal jurisdictions, en route to the person's destination;

(b) Inconsistent laws exist in local jurisdictions with regard to the circumstances under which weapons may be carried in automobiles and other private means of conveyance;

(c) This inconsistency creates a confusing patchwork of laws that unfairly subjects a person who lawfully travels with a weapon to criminal penalties because he or she travels within a jurisdiction or into or through another jurisdiction;

(d) This inconsistency places citizens in the position of not knowing when they may be violating local laws while traveling within a jurisdiction or in, through, or between different jurisdictions, and therefore being unable to avoid committing a crime.

(2) (a) Based on the findings specified in subsection (1) of this section, the general assembly concludes that the carrying of weapons in private automobiles or other private means of conveyance for hunting or for lawful protection of a person's or another's person or property while traveling into, through, or within, a municipal, county, or city and county jurisdiction, regardless of the number of times the person stops in a jurisdiction, is a matter of statewide concern and is not an offense.

(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no municipality, county, or city and county shall have the authority to enact or enforce any ordinance or resolution that would restrict a person's ability to travel with a weapon in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance for hunting or for lawful protection of a person's or another's person or property while traveling into, through, or within, a municipal, county, or city and county jurisdiction, regardless of the number of times the person stops in a jurisdiction.

(my bolding for emphasis)

There again, knowing the law is the best defense against breaking it. It rarely pays to argue with Barney Fife, but I keep a laminated copy of all the relevant CCW laws in my wallet, just in case some LEO is misinformed and wishes to make stuff up as he goes along.

whitebrad
Tue Jul 21st, 2009, 12:35 AM
The Colorado General Assembly already has:

(my bolding for emphasis)

There again, knowing the law is the best defense against breaking it. It rarely pays to argue with Barney Fife, but I keep a laminated copy of all the relevant CCW laws in my wallet, just in case some LEO is misinformed and wishes to make stuff up as he goes along.

yeah, well in 1998, when i was out here for about 6 months, i got pulled over in edgewater, TOLD them i had guns in my truck that were legal and for legal use, and those nice gentlemen took my guns, gave me lots of tickets, and impounded my truck...

love 'em...

5 guns, interior of truck all torn apart, about 1500 in legal fees, 5 court dates...

all for them to give me all my guns back and make me plead to some bullshit petty crimes to get SOME amount of loot from me...

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM
yeah, well in 1998, when i was out here for about 6 months, i got pulled over in edgewater, TOLD them i had guns in my truck that were legal and for legal use, and those nice gentlemen took my guns, gave me lots of tickets, and impounded my truck...

love 'em...

5 guns, interior of truck all torn apart, about 1500 in legal fees, 5 court dates...

all for them to give me all my guns back and make me plead to some bullshit petty crimes to get SOME amount of loot from me...

That sucks.... the law changed to prevent shit like that in 2003.

whitebrad
Tue Jul 21st, 2009, 08:01 AM
ach!

so they changed the law on me! hence my disbelief, and your assertion!

good to see we were both right, and good to see the state got the right fooking idea for once... albeit a little late for me! i moved away 6 months after that...

effin edgewater made me move!

bastards