PDA

View Full Version : Moon

Shea
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? Looks interesting and wondering if it is any good.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/moon/

puckstr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
ooooo that looks good.

Clone Slave workers on the moon?

Captain Obvious
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Very interesting,am I the only one who hasn't seen tv ads for it?

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Reminds me of Robojocks... for some reason.

Shea
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Very interesting,am I the only one who hasn't seen tv ads for it?

I think it's an indie flick, which would explain it. I haven't seen it on TV either.

Devaclis
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Solar Babies.

Mental
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
The local free rag in Atlanta had a reviw and said it was brillant. Like Kubrik meets Space 1999 (Go google it you youngins).

It is more the story than special effects and I guess not only is the machine flawed in the story, but it has an agenda as well as Sam Rockwell's character has an agenda and is flawed. I love Sam Rockwell and want to see it. The indie nature might make that a challenge, so if anyone finds a place it is playing there in Denver please post it up.

Captain Obvious
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I love Sam Rockwell and want to see it. The indie nature might make that a challenge, so if anyone finds a place it is playing there in Denver please post it up.

I do to. In a completely heterosexual way though. Hell, I don't even keep my clothes in the closet.

The site says it is coming to the Peak Theater 2 Colorado Springs CO

and is already playing at Mayan Three Denver CO

Devaclis
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Sam was pretty damned good in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Awesome actor. I think he will be amazing to watch in this role.

Mental
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hell, he was funny in Galaxy Quest.

Captain Obvious
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
The character was over the top, but I liked him in Hitchhikers Guide as well.

puckstr
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 08:09 AM
We saw it last night. Great flick.

It is impressive to see that Sony did this movie on a budget if only 5 million. They used the Alien set and only 5 actors on screen and Kevin Spacey's voice for Geurdy (the Hall 5000-isk helper robot).

Great movie.

Shea
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Where did you see it Steve?

$5 mil, wow. Proves that you don't need upteen billion dollars to make a good flick with a compelling story. Listening Mr. Lucas??? :)

puckstr
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Where did you see it Steve?

$5 mil, wow. Proves that you don't need upteen billion dollars to make a good flick with a compelling story. Listening Mr. Lucas??? :)

Highlands Ranch 24

chanke4252
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 06:18 PM
damn, that looks good. anything with sam rockwell is watchable. choke could have been better, but that was due to bad editing imo.

Mel
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Saw it this weekend....not what I was expecting, but very good and worth checking out sometime for sure.