PDA

View Full Version : To the girl on the red GS500f on NB I-25 @ Alameda at 4pm.

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 05:29 PM
First off, let me first thank you for your consideration of my desire to be entertained in rush-hour traffic by your shorts. You have nice legs and I appreciate your concern in that I see them. It made wearing my gear on a 230 degree semi-overheated bike almost worth it . . . almost.

However, while you were bee-bopping in the fast lane you had a gentleman in a Camry merge along side of you into your lane and seemingly attempt to push you out of his way by either scaring you or, heaven forbid, an accident. Either way, he could have put you into the wall and possibly into SB lanes and you seemed completely clueless to it. From my perspective his front bumper was about your pegs and at closest his bumper was maybe 12" off your right exhaust pipe. This is bad, especially since the only reason he continued in that lane is because he slowed down enough to get immediately behind you.

So while I pressed my left middle-finger against this fine gentleman's window for about 500 yards (i got props from other drivers for doing it), it came to me that someone may need to point a few things out. So in the oft-chance you check this site, here goes:

1) People don't care.
2) You MUST protect yourself, even if it means not seeing your legs (you did have a helmet, jacket and gloves). :cry:
3) I'm convinced that people in cars can smell new riders or at least someone they can push around. And while they will do what they want regardless of who you are or how you ride, you can get yourself out of these situations.
4) See #2.

Between the shorts, the new gear, the paper plate and the fact that you were seemingly unaware of what you almost got into, I would like to ask that you work on using your mirrors. I can't tell you to stay off I-25, but for the love of all that is holy, you have to watch your mirrors.

Thanks.

PS. I normally don't feel obligated to do this, but as the father of two girls who will undoubtedly want to follow their mom and dad's hobbies, I felt it was entirely necessary. At the very least I'll feel better.

willb003
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah there are a lot of riders out today with no gear on.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM
is that another one for konichd's suzuki thread?

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 07:14 PM
It would be a damn shame if those legs got thrashed, im a leg man.
If you are reading this, get some tight leathers- just as sexy if not more so.

They come in all colors!! Shes a no. 42

Gchi
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
were the legs toned and tanned?

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
were the legs toned and tanned?

Aye, they were.

She was little, couldn't have been more than 5' tall.

Bashed
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
So while I pressed my left middle-finger against this fine gentleman's window for about 500 yards (i got props from other drivers for doing it),

Well, at least you "got props".

Bout as safe as the chicky with shorts.

Pot, meet kettle.

willb003
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Well, at least you "got props".

Bout as safe as the chicky with shorts.

Pot, meet kettle.

I agree. I don't regret it, however.

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Devil meet advocate. :hump:

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
You're a good Dad...because you care. Maybe a tad over zealous, but yeah, I have the feeling your girls will wear their gear all the time.

Oh and yeah, I saw a whole lot of riders today not wearing their gear...many without helmets, too. I wore my gear. Took the outer layer of my jacket off, so I had just the mesh, but it's fully armored. Wore my gauntlet gloves, my helmet, my track boots...long pants, too. Yeah, it's hot now, but that still does not bother me as much as the idea of road rash, or a concussion.

But...free choice does happen to come into play. Best we can do as parents is walk the walk...not just talk the talk.

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
By no means do i lead by example, but this girl was young and what that guy did with his Camry, while completely aware of what he was doing, was just mind-boggling to me. While i saw her riding, she was doing well and being cautious, just not paying attention to what was not immediately in front of her.

Girl, boy, whatever, it was all I could do to stop yelling in my helmet. Most of us have been subject of such actions on the road. To think that someone willingly puts your life at risk and doing so while being entirely aware of their actions . . . is hard to swallow or watch.

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
"There's FULL gear and then there is the FOOL'S gear"-
MSF will save yor hide (and some insurance money!)

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Something just occurred to me...did you get his plates?

It's all water under the bridge now, but say if anyone else happens to come across this...maybe consider pulling off to the side of the road after getting the plates and calling it in to the CSP.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
"There's FULL gear and then there is the FOOL'S gear"-
MSF will save yor hide (and some insurance money!)

Yeah, and not everyone does the MSF. I learned from them and their idea of gear when training was long sleeved shirt, helmet, over the ankle boots and gloves. While the trainers road dual sports and wore much better gear than I did, I learned about better gear from the people here on the CSC.

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Something just occurred to me...did you get his plates?

It's all water under the bridge now, but say if anyone else happens to come across this...maybe consider pulling off to the side of the road after getting the plates and calling it in to the CSP.

No, I didn't. That's an excellent idea . . . one that didn't even cross my mind. It's not something I normally do, so it's not something that i usually think of.

It would've been very appropriate though.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Lots of times...I do that "coulda, shoulda, woulda..." I don't do it either and don't know if I'd have the presence of mind to pull off after getting plates, but I'm sure there's a way to train our brains to stop and think first.

Keepitgreen
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM
So I was out riding today here around Austin and it was around 105.. Still wore my gear and it only got bad when stuck in traffic..
How hot was it up there today?
When does everyone think it's too hot?

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Lots of times...I do that "coulda, shoulda, woulda..." I don't do it either and don't know if I'd have the presence of mind to pull off after getting plates, but I'm sure there's a way to train our brains to stop and think first.

Probably closer to the more responsible thing to do than punching his window and flipping him off. I don't remember being that offended by someones actions on the road.

Tylar
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
So I was out riding today here around Austin and it was around 105.. Still wore my gear and it only got bad when stuck in traffic..

Weather said 93, 30% humidity (pretty sure it's higher in your neck of the woods). It was bad sitting still with no breeze in leather jacket, helmet, gloves, etc. i'm pretty sure you have it worse than up here.

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Blatant disregard for sexiness and her safety is a crime punishable by the bird.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM

lol...Joby!!!

I don't know what it was like down in Denver, but it always seems to cool off the further north I go on I25 getting closer to Loveland. I think it was somewhere around 90 today. And, "It's a dry heat.":)

Slo
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:45 PM
+1 on wearing the gear, but it's her choice and whatever the choice is, doesn't make her a squid.

sky_blue
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I want to know where she got a GS500f in red. That would be cool.

SamuraiX
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Riding in shorts on her brand new bike while oblivious to the world around her- No- not at all fish like.:boobies:

Slo
Wed Jul 8th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Haha nice pic, the shorts, debateable, not squid-like in my opinion. As far as being oblivious, well, that to me also doesn't seem squidlike, she might be new and just not educated yet. Not everyone out there is a perfect role-model on two wheels, but she wasn't doing anything actually wrong on her part to be considered a squid.

At least in my definition of a squid.

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Get a number next time, dork. :D

Tylar
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I want to know where she got a GS500f in red. That would be cool.

I could be completely wrong. It was 100% red, no stickers and stock right-side exhaust. Never got a good look at the headlight but it looked pretty close to a GS.

Skinbabe
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
No, I didn't. That's an excellent idea . . . one that didn't even cross my mind. It's not something I normally do, so it's not something that i usually think of.

It would've been very appropriate though.
I called in a drunk driver on the 4th. Guy almost took me out and then almost took himself out and 3 more cars. Called it in and they asked me to pull over behind the csp. Guy was twice the legal limit. I felt kinda bad but I would have felt worse if down the road there was him and someone else in a ditch. Sometimes you gotta do it so you dont regret it later.

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I called in a drunk driver on the 4th. Guy almost took me out and then almost took himself out and 3 more cars. Called it in and they asked me to pull over behind the csp. Guy was twice the legal limit. I felt kinda bad but I would have felt worse if down the road there was him and someone else in a ditch. Sometimes you gotta do it so you dont regret it later.
DUI is better than manslaughter any day. Good call!

Keepitgreen
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM

So when they asked you to pull behind the CSP, was that to file a report or ???

Tylar
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Get a number next time, dork. :D

I can see it now:

Wife: why is there a phone number and some womans name on a piece of paper in your jacket.

Me: I'm doing my civic duty for a non-profit organization and it's members in the hopes of proliferating our way of life.

Wife: get out of my house.

Gchi
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I can see it now:

Wife: why is there a phone number and some womans name on a piece of paper in your jacket.

Me: I'm doing my civic duty for a non-profit organization and it's members in the hopes of proliferating our way of life.

that's why you program the number in your cell under an alias

Tylar
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM
that's why you program the number in your cell under an alias

I could, but i don't want to. :)

Sully
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM

:up: Nice !

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Good man. :lol:

Reyven
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I can see it now:

that's totally the scenario I saw too :)

good work

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I had a similar thing happen on a holiday weekend. The dispatcher told me is was for the report and to actually file a complaint against the driver. (I also wonder if it is a way to manage the number of people that are pissed off and call in bogus complaints or are just trying to screw with the other driver.)

BeoBe
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
no gear is one thing..

but props on the finger! lol

Oldschool
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
http://webhosting.web.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=560&linkpath=http://www.empiremotorcycleclub.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Motivational-Posters_1118501_510.jpg&target=_self
http://www.empiremotorcycleclub.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/c95fbf1f7e94290e75f2a54a7c5fd5f7.jpg

http://www.empiremotorcycleclub.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Motivational-Posters_1118501_510.jpg

ATGATT, Whats that?

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM
ATGATT, Whats that?

Observe That Great Ass, Then ThankGod (Ok, I'm stretching that one a little)

Oldschool
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
lmao...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Skinbabe
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah I had to fill out a report on what happened before the csp pulled him over. Havent heard anything but I guess if he goes to trial I will have to go.