PDA

View Full Version : Bit of excitement in Longmont

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:14 AM
4:30am: *vrooOOoom* ..ooOO(Hmm, that's a bit rude.)
5:08am: ..ooOO(Time to get up. Follow cat into the nook and pet him. Is that a step in the back yard? The pod husks from the tree are all over the deck and crunch when you walk on them.)
5:14am: "There's someone moving inside!"

A couple of cops are in our courtyard shining a flashlight in my window at me. "Are you the owner?"

The neighbor (Vicki) had gotten up because the neighbor dogs on the other side were barking and that's not normal. As she was walking through the house, she saw the computer monitor go on and thought it was her son. Then she saw a shape on the floor.

"Who are you, what are you doing here?!" And she attacked him. Chased him (blond guy, no shirt, possibly no shoes) out of the house. Her husband got up and drove the car around the neighborhood (hence the *vrooOOoom*) looking for him and spotted him hiding in front of our car.

Vicki was a little shaken up (of course) and when I left, the cops were hunting through the bushes and looking in back yards.

I checked the basement, windows and closets (I was getting my iPod anyway) and Rita checked the bedroom and craft room.

I suspect Rita'll have the windows closed tonight :)

Carl

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:15 AM
You could've taken him. :)

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:19 AM
You could've taken him. :)

If he'd have broken into our house, sure :D

Carl

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
"Local Senior Citizen takes down terrifying home invader"

j/k j/k :D

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Rita says there are still 6 or so cop cars out front including a K-9 unit and one of the cops is carrying an Uzi (her words).

The propped a ladder on the back fence of our other neighbor and she can hear them shouting "COME OUT!" but isn't sure that they've caught him or not.

Carl

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 07:27 AM
The pic is on facebook so I don't know if everyone can see it or not:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs155.snc1/5775_101919779818272_100000007528403_49551_7618805 _n.jpg

Carl

Matty
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
aren't you glad you moved to a "safer" neighborhood?!?! LOL.

thatmofo
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
That guy is lucky she didn't have a gun.

asp_125
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Hmm.. will have to close the downstairs windows tonight.

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM
She saw the computer monitor go on? Was he checking his email? Doing his taxes? Logging onto the CSC???

mtnairlover
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Holy...

Wow, must've been extremely high, or drunk. Maybe mistook one house/street for another, or thought he was in his own home.

I can't believe that the female neighbor actually attacked him!

dm_gsxr
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
It's possible that John leaves the computer on but it turns itself off (power saver). Then the guy may have nudged the desk causing the mouse to move and activate the monitor.

And yea, good to have moved to a new, safer neighborhood :D Rita checked the paper before we put the offer in and nothing had popped up in the past. Per John, this is the second incident in the 30 years they've lived in that house. The other was a few years back when some kids vandalised the cars on the street.

Carl

Shea
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
She saw the computer monitor go on? Was he checking his email? Doing his taxes? Logging onto the CSC???

Yeah my interwebs went down and I really needed to bitch at Canuck...sorry mah bad