PDA

View Full Version : where and when are we riding this weekend?

Gramps
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
i was kind of leaning towards a track day at imi

i know a few of us have not been there and it may be a good time to get some practice

just an idea :D

probably leaning towards sunday

Gramps
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM
but then again i could be talked into other options :D

Bueller
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
SCR :D

CBRChick
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
I would definitely be down for riding this weekend! :up: Whenever and wherever ... just make the decision and I'm good to go ... IMI would be a nice place to go for those people who haven't ever been on a track ...

How about doing a track day at IMI and give pointers to new people on the track? That could be fun! We could make a whole day of it ... BBQ'ing ... and all ... for only $20!!

Lurch
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:39 PM
SCR.......

Maybe if you ask real nice and we get enough peeps. I would bring up the smoker and do some Q....But not at IMI....SCR would be $36 plus a little for the Q

Lurch

Polar X
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM
What day and count me in. did some work on the bike today :eyebrows: hope to gain some more power out of it.

Lurch
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 08:25 PM
Please see post in Track Days..

Lurch

Brizz
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Moved. ~Brizz

Lel
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 10:48 PM
Ill be out at SCR sunday weather permitting... 50th bday party for mom on saturday, so cant make it then.

lel

Cleveland
Tue Mar 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM
i dont have leathers :cry:

Big-J
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:21 AM
I am down for this!! I havent been to the track since last year and I am itchin to get back out there!!
Can we do this on Sunday?? I think Im gonna hit up the slopes on Sat.! Whatever you guys decide is cool with me though (like you care:lol: )!

CBRChick
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 08:34 AM
I was just thinking IMI because it is a great track for those who haven't ever been on a track and SCR can be rather itimidating ... even to those who HAVE raced before ... but it was just a suggestion ... :D

Anonymous
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:29 AM
IMI is tiny as hell, but is actually good for working on lean angle and tighter corners since that's all you do there. The "straight" is *maybe* 3rd gear if you're feeling saucy.

Dan Audette
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
I'm planning sunday @SCR. ~11-12:00 Might drag yakuza along.
Hey Cleveland, I've got a Joe Rocket 2 piece you can
use size 46. (5'9" 150 lbs or so would fit in it)
PM me.

Boy Scout
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:23 PM
I might be up for a little time at IMI or a ride in the hills Sat, Sun, or possibly both--assuming I finish up the little bike project I'm in the middle of.

nileator01
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Dan A,

Give me a call about going down there, I may be able to get things together and join you guys.

Cleveland
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:39 PM
I'm planning sunday @SCR. ~11-12:00 Might drag yakuza along.
Hey Cleveland, I've got a Joe Rocket 2 piece you can
use size 46. (5'9" 150 lbs or so would fit in it)
PM me.

PM sent :)

Hoopty
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
SCR Saunday would prolly work for me. :idea:

Polar X
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Now what day is Saunday?? is that the one after friday but before monday :lol:

Cleveland
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Now what day is Saunday?? is that the one after friday but before monday :lol:

Yup, Sunday is after Friday and before Monday. :idea:

swademaster
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:59 PM

You don't need leathers at IMI.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
I'll see ya'll at SCR on Saturday, only because I've heard rumors of food being there. (Go figure, eh?)

Cleveland
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM

You don't need leathers at IMI.

:eyebrows: well, if thats the case, for $20 i will give it a shot... be it Sunday or another weekend. I still wanna find some leathers to fit my big ol' butt in to.

Player 2
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
I still wanna find some leathers to fit my big ol' butt in to.
Check out Ebay. I just picked up a basically new (worn 2 or 3 times) 2 piece on there for 1/2 of retail...

?
Wed Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Well, I've never ridden the track at IMI, but I saw some photos of one of yer outings there. I'd be so down for givng it a try.... would be fun to take the old Kaw up there and flick it around some of those corners on a go-kart track. Er, and did you say it's only $20? :shock:

Fun! Sunday is prolly best, but I'd try for Saturday if you go. :D

swademaster
Thu Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
If somehow I manage to get my bike operational on Saturday I might be down for IMI. I can't afford SCR this weekend, barely can scrape up $20 for IMI. If the bike isn't going I might just bring the boy with and come hang out.

Player 2
Thu Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
Looks like I'm gonna skip the track this weekend... I'm planning on riding on Sat & Sun so post up if anyone wants to head up the mountain either day...

Hoopty
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 08:37 AM
:loser:

Dysco
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Damn I need a track bike. The TeeT'R just didn't cut it last time. If I wake up early enough and have the motivation tomorrow I might throw some streets on the YZ.