PDA

View Full Version : Truck guys...

Gregger
Thu Jul 9th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Got my 2010 Tundra double cab, 4x4 this week! I love it. Looking for a place to get line-x and tint done. Suggestions? I'm in the north-metro area.

Also looking for someone to do a stereo install (amp, door speakers wired into the stock head unit)..

Thanks guys!

chanke4252
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 03:52 AM
nice choice in a truck. the new tundras are great.

Gregger
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks! I love it. I'm surprised no one here knows good stereo or tint guys though.. Guess I'll yellow page it.

salsashark
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Never been big into the tint, but I think Ralphy found a pretty good place to do his truck a year or two ago...

Those 2010's are HUGE!!! I was looking at them a couple of weeks ago and they made my Ram feel small.

Oh, and wasn't there a thread about tint on here a couple of days ago?! :lol:

~Barn~
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I say go here (http://www.eclipsetinting.com/) for your tinting, and ask for Eric in particular. Tell him Barn from the Colorado Mazda Club sent you.

He may even have a hook-up referral for you, for the line-x work too. It's worth asking anyway. Eric's a very nice person, and a "car guy" to the highest order. :up:

And by-the-way, nice rig!

Gregger
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks Barn.. That's right down the street from me too!

Gregger
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Never been big into the tint, but I think Ralphy found a pretty good place to do his truck a year or two ago...

Those 2010's are HUGE!!! I was looking at them a couple of weeks ago and they made my Ram feel small.

Oh, and wasn't there a thread about tint on here a couple of days ago?! :lol:

Yeah, I know they're big. I had my heart set on a 4 door Tacoma, but me being 6'6", there was NO way anyone was sitting behind me unless I was smashed into the dash. I needed room for 4 because the truck was replacing a Grand Cherokee, which was the "roomy" car. lol

Matty
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:25 AM
you get rid of the STi? And where are the pics?

salsashark
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I understand completely... I've been going rounds about replacing my dodge w/ a taco or an older tundra. I love the older tundra body styles.

Gregger
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Kept the STI.. Sold the Grand Cherokee..

InlineSIX24
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The tint guy that I used for my Tundra is down in the littleton area, but I can give you a ref. for an installer on the audio that works at a local shop and does deals on the side. He did mine. PM me.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Installing amps to speakers (not sub) really isn't too difficult, you just need to reroute the speaker wires to the sub and back into the wiring harness. You just need a reliable speaker wiring diagram, which can usually be found either online or at a local car audio establishment. If you are talking subs (if you truck already doesn have them), then they are really easy if your stock deck has RCA Pre-outs specifically for subs. If not, I would purchase an aftermarket deck with such. As a matter or fact, It would be even easier for the front speakers if you purchased an aftermarket deck with front Pre-outs. I could lend a hand and you could learn something at the same time.

Although if you really aren't interested in doing it yourself, you could just take it in to a Car Toys. I have always had good experience with them.

0BEER:30
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Looking for a place to get line-x and tint done. Suggestions?

Just had the windows done on our Ram a few months ago and were pleased with the job. The place is located on Buckly rd. just north of Mississippi. We just did a walk in and it took about an hour. It's located behind a gas station, so it's kinda hidden. Wish I knew the name. But I do recommend them.

Airreed
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I had my spray in liner done by the guys at Line-X Littleton.
I had a Rhino liner previously, and did alot of research on both Rhino and Line X and dropped the cash on the Line-X.

BeoBe
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 12:31 AM
i kn ow a great guy for window tinting that is rather cheap but its way out here in NE colo

Ricky
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I do custom stereo work. Specifically love tearing apart brand new vehicles and installing whatever is needed. It's just a hobby of mine, but I've been doing it since I was 16. Did stereos in both of my boss' cars in the last couple years. Z06 vette & Toyota Prius.

If you're serious, shoot me a PM.

Gregger
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all the help guys.. Went with Barn's guy for tint.. Besides being grumpy, he did great work! :)

~Barn~
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm glad that you decided to go with Eric. That's a drag that he was in a bad mood, but I kinda remember getting that vibe off of him too, when I first went in. After I chatted him up about his car a little bit more, and talked a little shop, he seemed to lighten up.

But whatever... Dude does awesome work; glad you like it. :up:

Zanos
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
This thread is nothing without some pimped out photo's.

Gregger
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Coming soon.. Tint is done, liner is done, and currently the tunes are being installed along with remote start. :)

Devaclis
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Show me your tinties!

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Who did you end up taking the truck to for audio?

Gregger
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I called the guy recommended above, and then I called Matt at Car Toys in Boulder. He did some work on my STI and is top notch. He ended up giving me everything for 15% UNDER cost, basically free labor and I got a custom box done. Huge discount. I ran the prices he gave me on my iPhone, and they were WAY under anything I found online. SICK! Best prices around. He said if I had any buddies, to send them to him, and he'd hook it up again.

buzzardman36
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
got these tinted at performance wheel and tire. Got the wheels there too. They do good work. They are off of Sante fe