PDA

View Full Version : sunday estes for phillies

SaShWhO
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM
going for a nice chill run up the hills to grab a philly @ chicagos best for lunch.
any fellow riders are welcome to join.
leaving the thoco @ 9.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:18 PM
ThoCo. I like it.

eg bter
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm in...

OUTLAWD
Fri Jul 10th, 2009, 11:35 PM
mmmm...the wonderful taste of philly, only 2000 miles from the real thing

Skinbabe
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I might be down. It's supposed to rain but I dont think it will start until later in the day.

chubster2003
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 03:17 AM
hell, if something more important comes up in in... should be a cool ride.

where's thoco? lol

eg bter
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Thornton conoco 120th and I-25

chris f4i
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
might be there will see how things go have a couple of things to do but might just f them

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 06:00 AM
+1

chris f4i
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 06:16 AM
need to do a oil change think sun opens at 9 so might be there at 9:30 45 lets hope someone is there

DevilsTonic
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
You guys have fun, be safe and watch for officer Robinson.

Tylar
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Wife and I and her sister/BF may be going up to Estes as well, or Left Hand around noon. I think cloud build-up by noon will be the determining factor.

Matty
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM
next time... for sure.

64BonnieLass
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I might come for ya hunny. Gotta get mah hugs on anyway and the rain practice won't kill me. (probably) :)

vtr100fguy
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 03:08 PM
next time have a bachleor party to attend tonight probably wont be up in time if i am im there mmmmmm
philliesssssss

Foolds
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Will see what time I get home tonight. But I'm going to try and make this!

Ricky
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I'll be there!

DK74
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds fun. See you guys tomorrow morning

eg bter
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM
ksu 9 then? so 8:30 meetup...

SaShWhO
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 11:46 PM
ok yup

Ceez
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I will try to make it down but I am on a budget....have to save up to leave for Texas next week. :banghead:

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Wife and I and her sister/BF may be going up to Estes as well, or Left Hand around noon. I think cloud build-up by noon will be the determining factor.
I think I saw you guys when we are on our way down??

Stank Juic3
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Wonder how the ride was?

Tylar
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I think I saw you guys when we are on our way down??

We went up yesterday instead of today. Birthday party to go to this afternoon.

How was it?

eg bter
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Wonder how the ride was?

good ride...alot of traffic, no performance awards :)

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It was okay, until I started getting f'd with because people were passing on double yellows and pissing other cars off... since I was in the back because I wasnt passing or going twice the speed limit I got the grunt of it. Almost got hit a few time on the way back down by people in cages who didn't want to let me pass once we hit a passing lane.

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
It wasnt like that. It was the small group I usually ride. We got stuck behind some shitty people and the boys wanted to play. I get that. It just sucks when you get stuck in the back and take the grunt of the pissed off cars. The guys I was with are the good guys, just got a little antsy today. One of them stuck with me and not passing almost the entire ride. Like I said, lots of traffic and got antsy at the end.

And I never wanna hear you guys bitch again for me bailing on a small ride cuz I dont want to hold you back. This is what happends and thats why I say I dont want to go. Dont worry, I still lub ya'll.

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Sweetheart...then dont EVER ride with them agian. Don't you EVER put yourself in that space ever again.

I am all about riding your ride, with the people that will do well by you. Call or ping if you want to, but that isn't right.

Every ride I've ever been on, most of the guys are kind men and gentleman.

If they aren't...then shame on them.

If Sash was leading that ride, that shit would have NEVER happenend.

Whoever you assholses are....fuckiing stay off the road, and off of group rides. Nice way to take care of a lady....fucking assesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And when she tells me who you are.....I'll spread it throughout theCSC, so that no body has the same fate. Assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks girl... I need to ride with you more often!! MUAH

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Well, to solve the problem I just wont go on rides like this again. That takes care of that.

64BonnieLass
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Well, to solve the problem I just wont go on rides like this again. That takes care of that.

I'll ride with you any day. And, there are plenty of people that ride hard and still take care of you.

Repsol a095
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I would love to join on the next ride.

64BonnieLass
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I would like the next ride too. Me and mah girl. :-)

Foolds
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I was on this ride, and personly thank Erin for keeping me on the level. I stayed behind her most of the ride, and helped her when I could. She kept me for going to crazy!

To me traffic was WAY to heavy to be really rocking the Canyons. So I took it easy for most of the day.

P.S. Erin you are looking better and better at riding. Just gotta keep you from checking out guys on 600rr's on the side of the road! No matter how hot you think he is its not worth crashing for =)

eg bter
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Damn Terri...as the ride leader, guess I'm an asshole now? I thought I kept the ride rather tame 5-10 over for most of it. Played a little on the twisty parts of 7. I did some double yellow passing but safe, took no risks...cant speak for people behind me obviously and of course we waited for her...

Erin, Sorry if I pissed off some cagers and they took it out on you :(

Tylar
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It was okay, until I started getting f'd with because people were passing on double yellows and pissing other cars off... since I was in the back because I wasnt passing or going twice the speed limit I got the grunt of it. Almost got hit a few time on the way back down by people in cages who didn't want to let me pass once we hit a passing lane.

Sorry to hear that. The wife, me and her sister/bf headed up mid-day yesterday and traffic was a piece of cake both directions, considering the weekend and the rodeo. Some days it's good to be doing the speed limit when the line of cars in front of you has no end on that route.

It was a good ride and time spent in Estes. The wife really enjoyed the sweepers and the asphalt in comparison to the canyons I usually drag her up. Much more her pace and style. We'll make sure to let you know when we do that again, as we probably will this season for sure.

Skinbabe
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Its all good Wayne. Like I said, you guys wanted to play. Next time I just wont go. I will stay with people who want to go my pace. There is also no way you were 5 to 10 over cuz I was mostly 10-15 over and you were waaaayyyyy ahead of me. No big deal like I said, I just wont go next time.

Terry, I'll ride with you any day!! (and if you wear your leathers I get to be behind you lol )

64BonnieLass
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Bringin em to the dark side, one by one. :)

Sweetheart, you got it girl. Take my number and you and I can do whatever whenever. There are tons of tasty road's. Let's go!!!!

PM your number too.

DK74
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Erin, sorry if we made this ride somewhat uncomfortable for you. FYI, I don't think any of us really care about being 'held back' by you. Its about riding your own pace because everyone has different skill/comfort level. I don't pass on double yellow unless I know for sure that it is safe (no blind corners!) and I don't tailgate cagers but thats just my standards. I also don't have any issues waiting for someone and I'll be more than happy to ride slower to guide if that person wants me to or if I was sweeping. (JJ, thanks for taking that role today btw) We ride in a group because we enjoy other people's company and I had a great time today even though the traffic sucked. Don't let this hold you back from going on small group rides again. We should have asked you about your preferred pace before we started, but you should also make sure to communicate that to a leader or others during the ride. Hope to see you on a ride again!

64BonnieLass
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Erin, sorry if we made this ride somewhat uncomfortable for you. FYI, I don't think any of us really care about being 'held back' by you. Its about riding your own pace because everyone has different skill/comfort level. I don't pass on double yellow unless I know for sure that it is safe (no blind corners!) and I don't tailgate cagers but thats just my standards. I also don't have any issues waiting for someone and I'll be more than happy to ride slower to guide if that person wants me to or if I was sweeping. (JJ, thanks for taking that role today btw) We ride in a group because we enjoy other people's company and I had a great time today even though the traffic sucked. Don't let this hold you back from going on small group rides again. We should have asked you about your preferred pace before we started, but you should also make sure to communicate that to a leader or others during the ride. Hope to see you on a ride again!

Awww...nice guys!!! Sahweet!

Reyven
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Its all good Wayne. Like I said, you guys wanted to play. Next time I just wont go. I will stay with people who want to go my pace. There is also no way you were 5 to 10 over cuz I was mostly 10-15 over and you were waaaayyyyy ahead of me. No big deal like I said, I just wont go next time.

Terry, I'll ride with you any day!! (and if you wear your leathers I get to be behind you lol )

You can let me know when you want to go, I'd be happy to as well :)

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I wasnt upset that I got left, thats no big deal. I was just cranky that I left to deal with the pissed off cars. And the guys know what my pace is, they know I wont pass on a double yellow, they know I wont go 20+ over. If I get a ticket, I loose my job and they know that. It's all good. I dont want anyone to to not have their fun because I wont make illegal passes, I just dont want to deal with the pissed off cages and have them take it out on me.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:28 AM
WOW!! Terri, i guess you can list me as an ass too?
I was in the middle of the pack , could see both the front group and the back group.
yes, I did pass some drivers that just didnt like motorcycles to pass them. Not on a blind corner ,but when given the o.k. by the rider in front of me. As many of us do..
Webman and I passed a camper going 30 all the way up the canyon, in a PASSING ZONE and he spead up to 60 to ride on our tails!!
The old hippy van that was on their way to Nederlands yelled at us, as we were stopped and waiting for the group to re-group at the interesction of 7 and P2P, "it's only 40mph!!" I'm sure alot of us go faster then that!!! Like I remember doing 110 + with your group a couple of weeks ago to Breckenridge, lose your licence if get caught doing that!!
Skinbabe, sorry if we made you uncomfortable, I thought Wayne as going slower then his normal and keeping us all together by stops along the way. Hope that doesnt keep you from wanting to ride with some of us.
Sorry Sash couldnt make it at the last minute, hope your rabbits are doing o.k., and yea, he would have been in the front group ahead of me too.

64BonnieLass
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry guys. I just felt bad for her and got a little too upset and my temper flared a bit. I know you guys are good guys. Had I have not overslept, she and I could have just hung together in the back. Sorry I got so upset with you. I just like to know that people are being taken care of.

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
just for the record I was not on this ride.
then again~ I never cross a double yellow nor speed ever:turtle:

sorry for flaking but I tried to save the lifes of two of my baby rabbits that either macked on shrooms or rat poison that eaked into my yard from next door.
Their still hanging in there but it's not looking good:cry:

eg bter
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
then again~ I never cross a double yellow nor speed ever

lol...right sash, whatever helps you sleep at night :up:

SumoWeezle
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
just for the record I was not on this ride.
then again~ I never cross a double yellow nor speed ever:turtle:

I call BS!! :pointlaugh:

Elizabeth and I ended up going a lot of the same route that was posted here. We had an absolutely terrific time though, had cagers get out of our way and motion us to pass them. had a fellow cbr rider do the same. It was a very enjoyable ride and was very relaxing.

one thing I did notice coming down coal creek, it looks like some idiot has thrown some sand out into the road on some of the switch backs. watch yourself if youre going up that road right now...

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
WOW!! Terri, i guess you can list me as an ass too?
I was in the middle of the pack , could see both the front group and the back group.
yes, I did pass some drivers that just didnt like motorcycles to pass them. Not on a blind corner ,but when given the o.k. by the rider in front of me. As many of us do..
Webman and I passed a camper going 30 all the way up the canyon, in a PASSING ZONE and he spead up to 60 to ride on our tails!!
The old hippy van that was on their way to Nederlands yelled at us, as we were stopped and waiting for the group to re-group at the interesction of 7 and P2P, "it's only 40mph!!" I'm sure alot of us go faster then that!!! Like I remember doing 110 + with your group a couple of weeks ago to Breckenridge, lose your licence if get caught doing that!!
Skinbabe, sorry if we made you uncomfortable, I thought Wayne as going slower then his normal and keeping us all together by stops along the way. Hope that doesnt keep you from wanting to ride with some of us.
Sorry Sash couldnt make it at the last minute, hope your rabbits are doing o.k., and yea, he would have been in the front group ahead of me too.
Its all good. You guys are good to ride with. Like I said, it was just dealing with the grunt of the pissed off cagers that got me. I always tell Wayne and Ricky and JJ and everyone to ride their ride and I'll meet up at the bottom or what ever. There was just a lot of pissed off cars taking it out on me. It's all good. There will probly be times when I wont go just for that reason but I dont ever wanna hold anyone back from riding how they want to, and I dont want cars trying to knock me off the road because they didnt like the way 5 other bikes passed before me.

Ricky
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM

I'm not sure why you are so worried about keeping up with the group, We have never said that you need to try to keep up with us. We always wait for you, and have no problem doing so, and you know that if we thought something was wrong, we'd turn around and find you. There's nothing that says you need to try to keep up, or that you should feel like you are holding us up. We've told you that many times before. I'm sorry if you were getting the brunt of anything we did up front, but honestly a good number of our passes were in passing zones. But seriously, I don't think you should be so worried about trying to keep up with the group.

I also think your speedo is off... any time I'm following you, you are generally right under the speed limit. Except when we were headed home on 36 between fed & Broadway yesterday, you were about 20 over. My speedo is pretty exact, as I've compared it to gps so that I know exactly what my speed is. Aside from passing, and the highway from Lyons to the peak-to-peak turnoff where we were having fun, we were typically 5-10mph over. We were taking things pretty easy from Estes to peak-to-peak, honestly. And once we reached the bottom, I think we waited for you an entire 90 seconds. You weren't that far behind.

I just think you're telling yourself that you are holding us up, which is ABSOLUTELY not the case. It doesn't matter how fast you are going. You are part of the group, period.

OH, and just to add. I'm an asshole too!! :D

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure why you are so worried about keeping up with the group, We have never said that you need to try to keep up with us. We always wait for you, and have no problem doing so, and you know that if we thought something was wrong, we'd turn around and find you. There's nothing that says you need to try to keep up, or that you should feel like you are holding us up. We've told you that many times before. I'm sorry if you were getting the brunt of anything we did up front, but honestly a good number of our passes were in passing zones. But seriously, I don't think you should be so worried about trying to keep up with the group.

I also think your speedo is off... any time I'm following you, you are generally right under the speed limit. Except when we were headed home on 36 between fed & Broadway yesterday, you were about 20 over. My speedo is pretty exact, as I've compared it to gps so that I know exactly what my speed is. Aside from passing, and the highway from Lyons to the peak-to-peak turnoff where we were having fun, we were typically 5-10mph over. We were taking things pretty easy from Estes to peak-to-peak, honestly. And once we reached the bottom, I think we waited for you an entire 90 seconds. You weren't that far behind.

I just think you're telling yourself that you are holding us up, which is ABSOLUTELY not the case. It doesn't matter how fast you are going. You are part of the group, period.

OH, and just to add. I'm an asshole too!! :D
Ok... this has nothing to do with keeping the pace.... I could have kept up most of the way if I felt like passing, I didn't. It wasnt the pace that pissed me off, it was dealing with the cages that were pissed off. There were plenty of times when you guys passed when the other side of the road had the pass, and there were a few double yellow and most that were 20+ over the speed limit. I dont care about the pace, I care when other people in cars get pissed at you guys and take it out on me. Like I said before, it's all good. If you guys want to ride a ride where you want to pass people and stuff that is fine, ride your ride. It will be my choice if I go or not. Its really not a big deal. I love riding, I love hanging with you guys. The worst part was just that last pass, thats the cage that was really fuckin with me. You guys are good, don't worry about it.

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I love you all... can we stop this tread already... its out of hand.

eg bter
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
:headbang:

DK74
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
can we stop this tread already... its out of hand.

+1 :yes:

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Group hug?

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
+1... but no grab assing guys okay? LOL

SaShWhO
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 01:12 PM
hope the phillies were good at least.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
+1... but no grab assing guys okay? LOL

That's the goddamn point of a group hug. :)

eg bter
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
:imwithstupid:

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM
That's the goddamn point of a group hug. :)
But there are only two girls in this group hug. Does that mean all the guys are going to grab each others asses? I soooo dont wanna see that lol!:slappers:

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
We're a friendly group :)

eg bter
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM
But there are only two girls in this group hug. Does that mean all the guys are going to grab each others asses? I soooo dont wanna see that lol!:slappers:

I call the spot between the 2 girls...:eyebrows: