PDA

View Full Version : Update on GCHI

CaneZach
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Guys and gals, Le (GCHI) sustained life-threatening injuries in his crash today. When I called the hospital, they were taking him in to the OR for surgery. Please keep him in your prayers. I will check on him tomorrow and let you all know how he's doing.

Hi11Zone
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
what happened!

y_merkle
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
OMG! That is horrible to hear! Let us know if we can do anything. Our thoughts are with him.

Pandora-11
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Which hospital?

CaneZach
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 04:53 PM
He's at St. Mary Corwin in Pueblo. Once I get an update on him, i'll update the thread.

Concabar
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the update. Gchi, hang in there man.

Tipys
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Zach let me know when when you go down. I want to go to.

brete
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Ly
I hope you are doing well. I know you'll pull through this little setback.

Tylar
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Guys and gals, Le (GCHI) sustained life-threatening injuries in his crash today. When I called the hospital, they were taking him in to the OR for surgery. Please keep him in your prayers. I will check on him tomorrow and let you all know how he's doing.

Please update when you can.

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Keep us posted. thnx!

CaneZach
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Ok guys, I called back. Le's family is at the hospital with him. He is in critical condition and not conscious right now, so no visitors. I will give you all an update tomorrow morning after I speak with the nurses there.

thatmofo
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for calling me Zach. Do keep us posted.

#1Townie
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 11:56 PM
my hopes for good news for you guys.. tuff times for sure..

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM
gchi will be in my thoughts. What happened out there?

Tipys
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM
gchi will be in my thoughts. What happened out there?

Lowside into guardrail post back first.

Zach thanks for the updates keep them coming.

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Oh no :(

lil_shane84
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM
coulda been any one of us out there today, really makes you think. stay strong, ill throw in a special prayer for you tonight brother.

Tylar
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Lowside into guardrail post back first.

My God. He's in the wife and I's thoughts. Thanks for keeping us posted.

CaneZach
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I just left the hospital. Physically, Le's busted up pretty badly, but it's the internal injuries that are the most severe. It's too soon to give a prognosis and he's still heavily sedated, so still no visitors, but he is stable. I'll check back tonight and see if his condition has changed any.

Sully
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the update. Thoughts and prayers to GCHI for a speedy recovery.

Tylar
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the update.

-PUCK-
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sad to hear this news. Best wishes and my prayers are out to you and your family.:(

Hi11Zone
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Heres for a fast recovery! Was he wearing full leathers?

DK74
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:29 PM
coulda been any one of us out there today, really makes you think. stay strong, ill throw in a special prayer for you tonight brother.

+1

PoweredMotives
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM

+1 Anyone of us anytime... sucks to hear. Ride safe out there guys...

Brat
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM
dang. sad to hear. best wishes for a healthy recovery..

Stank Juic3
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Thats shitty to hear. Get better soon GCHI.

CaneZach
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:07 AM
No, he wasn't wearing any leathers. He had on a pair of jeans, short boots (under the ankle), textile jacket, spine protector, and gauntlets.

I called last night before I went to bed and his condition hadn't changed. He's going back in for surgery this morning to take a look at the progress of some of his internal injuries. He should be out of surgery by early afternoon and back in his room a little while later, so I'll update around 1530.

Tylar
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:08 AM
No, he wasn't wearing any leathers. He had on a pair of jeans, short boots (under the ankle), textile jacket, spine protector, and gauntlets.

I called last night before I went to bed and his condition hadn't changed. He's going back in for surgery this morning to take a look at the progress of some of his internal injuries. He should be out of surgery by early afternoon and back in his room a little while later, so I'll update around 1530.

Thanks, Zach.

asp_125
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Pulling for him. Thanks for the update.

Sean
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Heal up bud, our thoughts are with you!

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Bummer to hear, best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Tipys
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Zack thanks for the update.

TFOGGuys
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Best thoughts and wishes!

Wyck
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
How horrible to hear. Hope he heals up to ride another day.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I'm just catching up on this thread, also. I do hope everything turns out okay for him. =\

CaneZach
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Still no changes. The surgery that was scheduled for today had to be postponed due to a scheduling error in the OR, so he may have it later today or tomorrow. Remember, the surgery was to check on some of his internal injuries, so it's not like they were going in for some sort of emergency procedure. This is purely speculation on my part, but I would guess that the doctors and surgeons are comfortable with his status as of now if they aren't rushing him back in, if that makes any sense. I would think that Le would take priority if he was more seriously injured. Still no visitors allowed. As always, I'll update everyone here when I know.

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe someone can update the first post, but it seems a bit fuzzy to me what actually happened and what injuries he has? Or, just nobody really knows at this point. :dunno:

Zach, any ideas what he's getting surgery on?

CaneZach
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Brian, I know the full extent of his injuries, but I am not at liberty to disclose them. Since I can't give out the full extent of his injuries, I give updates as best as possible. Since I and a few others were with him when he went down, I can give you an account of the crash (forgive me if it's a little dry or clinical):

We were traveling east on Colorado 96 following a morning of riding from the Springs down to Bishop's Castle. Le admitted that he was not an experienced rider and was encouraged not to override his abilities, which he took to heart as he would ride much slower than the rest of the group. For those who have never ridden down to Bishop's Castle, it's a very fun ride, full of nice twisty roadway, both on 96 and 165. During our return, we turned onto 96 in order to return to Florence. While riding, Le failed to take a curve to the left, locked up the front brake and lowsided. As he lowsided, he and the bike continued straight off the curve, into the guardrail. Le hit a guardrail post with his body while the motorcycle collided with the guardrail and returned back to the roadway where it came to rest. Le came to rest under the guardrail and was initially unconscious as well as breaking his leg and arm. We waited with him until he was flown out and the investigation was completed.

As far as the surgery goes, it is to ensure the first surgery he went through was successful. He suffered some serious injuries to his upper body that required surgery. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, they cannot just suture up the damaged internal organs or put a band-aid on them. Instead, they have a different method of stopping the bleeding from the injuries and resulting surgery. It sounds like they have to go back in to check on that method of stopping the bleeding in order to ensure its success and if necessary, remove and/or replace it.

Le did suffer some pretty severe trauma, but as of right now, everything is stable. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" and this case is no exception. The more severe trauma did not require surgery and appears to be healing on its own, but as with any injury, the possibility of things taking a turn for the worse is always present.

d3spair
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Bishop's Castle is cursed! Wish him a quick recovery.

#1Townie
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
damn.. poor guy..

y_merkle
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
What a scary situation it must have been. Hopefully everything goes well. You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.

+10 on both counts. You are a stand up guy, Zach.

Tylar
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Brian, I know the full extent of his injuries, but I am not at liberty to disclose them. Since I can't give out the full extent of his injuries, I give updates as best as possible. Since I and a few others were with him when he went down, I can give you an account of the crash (forgive me if it's a little dry or clinical):

We were traveling east on Colorado 96 following a morning of riding from the Springs down to Bishop's Castle. Le admitted that he was not an experienced rider and was encouraged not to override his abilities, which he took to heart as he would ride much slower than the rest of the group. For those who have never ridden down to Bishop's Castle, it's a very fun ride, full of nice twisty roadway, both on 96 and 165. During our return, we turned onto 96 in order to return to Florence. While riding, Le failed to take a curve to the left, locked up the front brake and lowsided. As he lowsided, he and the bike continued straight off the curve, into the guardrail. Le hit a guardrail post with his body while the motorcycle collided with the guardrail and returned back to the roadway where it came to rest. Le came to rest under the guardrail and was initially unconscious as well as breaking his leg and arm. We waited with him until he was flown out and the investigation was completed.

As far as the surgery goes, it is to ensure the first surgery he went through was successful. He suffered some serious injuries to his upper body that required surgery. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, they cannot just suture up the damaged internal organs or put a band-aid on them. Instead, they have a different method of stopping the bleeding from the injuries and resulting surgery. It sounds like they have to go back in to check on that method of stopping the bleeding in order to ensure its success and if necessary, remove and/or replace it.

Le did suffer some pretty severe trauma, but as of right now, everything is stable. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, "Time heals all wounds" and this case is no exception. The more severe trauma did not require surgery and appears to be healing on its own, but as with any injury, the possibility of things taking a turn for the worse is always present.

Thanks for the info, Zach.

Concabar
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for all the updates. Hang in there Le. You got a lot of riders standing behind you and praying for you.

UglykidJoe
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear about this.

I met Le when he and Drift and another rider I didn't meet came up north on father's day, Le and I being the least experienced hung out in the back of the pack all day, When I first met him at the stop in Ned he and I admittedly had a good laugh over our inexperience and decided the back was safest as we could maintain our own pace, and stay out of the faster paced way. Good guy, I know he knew where he stood as far as his experience and what he could handle. I am just sorry to hear about this, wish him a speedy recovery. Hang in there Le our thoughts are with you.

McVaaahhh
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 08:50 AM
What a scary situation it must have been. Hopefully everything goes well. You are such a great friend CaneZach for keeping such a close eye on him and for reporting his status to us. Please let us know if you, Gchi or his family need anything.

:imwithstupid:

Thanks for giving us what information you can and clearing up my confusion about the details. :scramble:

Let us know if Le's family needs anything, or if we can all help out some way.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery for Le. :up:

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Wow....With what I just went through...really made me relive mine and think. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

CaneZach
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
So, Le went back in for surgery today and it sounds like the initial surgery on Saturday was successful. He's still in critical, but stable, condition. Because he's still under sedation, he can't have any visitors, but it sounds like the hospital may take him off sedation within the next few days. He still has a long ways to go, but it sounds like he's made it through the most difficult part of the initial process.

Tylar
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
So, Le went back in for surgery today and it sounds like the initial surgery on Saturday was successful. He's still in critical, but stable, condition. Because he's still under sedation, he can't have any visitors, but it sounds like the hospital may take him off sedation within the next few days. He still has a long ways to go, but it sounds like he's made it through the most difficult part of the initial process.

Thanks for the update.

Clovis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Bishop's Castle is cursed! Wish him a quick recovery.

No kidding - It seems like close to 50% of the trips I've taken there have resulted in someone crashing -- interestingly in my experience its always been on the return from the castle -- there's a lot of tight corners that from a distance look like sweepers and its not until you get there you realize its a lot sharper.

I haven't yet had the chance to meet Le but our thoughts and prayers are with him for a swift and full recovery.

Thanks for the updates.

Skinbabe
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I also met him Fathers day. I believe I also hung out in the back with you two. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and Zach please let us know if there is anything we can do. Thanks for all the updates and when he wakes up please let him know we were all asking for him! Get better soon Le!

Scer
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I heard about this earlier. Sad to read about it now. Hope all concludes well and he recovers fully. As said, let me know if you need anything.

recover on recoveras

Tipys
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks again for the updates Zach after the text last night I am starting to relax some about this.

Le pull throw this buddy!!

Also like others said if him or his family need anything let me know.

brete
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Zach,
Thanks for the continous updates. I too can start relaxing comfortably since Le is make progress in his recovery.

Horsman
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
wow, I hope he gets well soon!!!

signmeup
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
All the best for a speedy recovery

Concabar
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the updates Cane.

Hang in there Le.

FZRguy
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks CZ. Hoping things go his way.

675Rider
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for looking in on him Zach. Let me know if you need anything. I would like to visit him when possible.

CaneZach
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Guys and gals, I'm glad I could provide you all with updates. Thanks for keeping Le and his family in your prayers. For those who want to visit, once he's no longer under sedation, which sounds like it'll be in the next few days, he should be able to have visitors.

thatmofo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks Zach for the updates. Just as a minor FYI, his name is Ly. Everytime I see "Le" I think of Lee jeans for some reason, but anyways, I am glad to hear he is doing better.

I went by his parents' and his sister's house today and none of them were home so I left my phone number with their neighbors asking them to have them call me if they come home by any chance.

Ceez
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Im not sure how I missed this thread. I remember Ly from the fathers day ride as well. My prayers out to him and his family. Thanks CZ for all the updates, good to have a guy like you out there on the rides !

Mental
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Guys and gals, I'm glad I could provide you all with updates. Thanks for keeping Le and his family in your prayers. For those who want to visit, once he's no longer under sedation, which sounds like it'll be in the next few days, he should be able to have visitors.

Hey, on that note, since you're speaking with the family, make sure there isn't something we can do. If he's in the hospital, and his family is there seeing him, there is a lot of silly stuff that can slide. Mowing the lawn, cleaning up a garage, taking the family to eat when they are too exhausted to make something. If you spread that workload among a few folks it's not a big deal and can make a difference for the family.

Please, I mean this. You'll be surprised at the support this board can give and I know a lot of folks are happy to help. If you present it to them, it looks more like a hand up than chairty.

thatmofo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I agree Mental. That's exactly what I was going to talk with them about when they call me.

Pandora-11
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Include me in the help please.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Maybe post a separate thread with family needs and see who will be available to help?

Wish I lived closer to the Springs, but if donations of some sort are tossed around as an idea, then I think I can scrounge up something.

CaneZach
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Mofo, since you're closer to Ly and his family, would you mind posting up any needs the family might have?

thatmofo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I sure will as soon as I talk with them.

thatmofo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Ly's sister let me know that they took him off the sedative and he tried to talk. I am finding out if he can have visitors and if so I am heading down there this evening.

thatmofo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Ly can have visitors.

PM me for details as his family has some requests for visitors

Edit: Just in case some of you already found out his room # etc (I can't post the number out here): Really low noise and only encouraging comments.

I will be leaving the Springs within 30 minutes.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:03 PM
This is very encouraging news. Please let Ly know that even if some of us can't make it to visit, we are all pulling for him...we have faith in his strength.

#1Townie
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
fuck yeah good news for sure...

heres to a healthy and full recovery!!!!!!!!

thatmofo
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Tipys and I just got back. We saw Ly and he nodded to let us know he saw us there, but when he tries to talk his temperature starts rising quickly so we left the room so he could just relax. We talked with his mom for about an hour.

Here's the short version:

- He's still in a lot of pain, and there is still some internal bleeding. He has to be put on medication to allow him to sleep at night.
- His internal injuries are starting to heal very well
- Having surgery on his broken arm and leg Monday
- He will be in the hospital for around 3 weeks before he can go home.
- The Dr. is impressed that he has recovered as fast as he has
- He can talk, and was talking a lot to his parents earlier today, but he keeps wanting to talk about the wreck and make sure things are getting taken care of with his family while he is in the hospital. These conversations lead to his heart rate and temperature rising so his mom has to calm him down. (That's Ly - he always wants to make sure everything is running smoothly and his parents are taken care of.)
- His mom and dad are driving back and forth every day to visit him so his mom hasn't been eating or sleeping much. We asked her to look after herself more. She said she is starting to eat now that Ly is doing a lot better.
- A lot of his family members have been coming in from out of town and state to see him

- His mom doesn't mind him having visitors as long as they are quiet and if he starts talking about the wreck, just nod but don't give him any feedback - just move onto another topic because from the way she explained it, he's pretty upset about what happened and he told her and the Dr. that he is done with riding. I highly recommend not talking about riding at all with his mom unless she brings the topic up. She was against Ly getting the bike in the first place and she is really against riding now. She wants people to just focus on talking about him being able to recover fast and getting home.

I let his mom and sister know that all of you are wishing him the best and if there is anything we can do to help to let me know.

DK74
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Glad to hear that he's doing better.

Ceez
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Tipys and I just got back. We saw Ly and he nodded to let us know he saw us there, but when he tries to talk his temperature starts rising quickly so we left the room so he could just relax. We talked with his mom for about an hour.

Here's the short version:

- He's still in a lot of pain, and there is still some internal bleeding. He has to be put on medication to allow him to sleep at night.
- His internal injuries are starting to heal very well
- Having surgery on his broken arm and leg Monday
- He will be in the hospital for around 3 weeks before he can go home.
- The Dr. is impressed that he has recovered as fast as he has
- He can talk, and was talking a lot to his parents earlier today, but he keeps wanting to talk about the wreck and make sure things are getting taken care of with his family while he is in the hospital. These conversations lead to his heart rate and temperature rising so his mom has to calm him down. (That's Ly - he always wants to make sure everything is running smoothly and his parents are taken care of.)
- His mom and dad are driving back and forth every day to visit him so his mom hasn't been eating or sleeping much. We asked her to look after herself more. She said she is starting to eat now that Ly is doing a lot better.
- A lot of his family members have been coming in from out of town and state to see him

- His mom doesn't mind him having visitors as long as they are quiet and if he starts talking about the wreck, just nod but don't give him any feedback - just move onto another topic because from the way she explained it, he's pretty upset about what happened and he told her and the Dr. that he is done with riding. I highly recommend not talking about riding at all with his mom unless she brings the topic up. She was against Ly getting the bike in the first place and she is really against riding now. She wants people to just focus on talking about him being able to recover fast and getting home.

I let his mom and sister know that all of you are wishing him the best and if there is anything we can do to help to let me know.

Great news, glad he is recovering quickly....thanks TMF for the update.

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 07:29 AM
That's great feedback. Good job.

MetaLord 9
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Just got back & read all this. Damn. Definately give him my best & add my thoughts & prayers as well as wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm glad he's at least on the mend!

asp_125
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
He's got a long road ahead, but good to hear he's improving.

Mental
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Thats great to hear, if he's worrying about things for his family, there has to be something we can help with.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the update...have had him in my thoughts several times. Please continue to keep us all updated.

y_merkle
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
That is excellent news. So glad to here his is on the mend. Again let us know if there is anything me can do to help and take some stress off of him and the family.

lil_shane84
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
great to hear!

675Rider
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Awesome news! Alright Ly! I would like to try and go see him the next time a few of you are going please.

Drift
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Good news for sure!

Concabar
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
thanks for the update.

OUTLAWD
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the updates guys...my thoughts are with Ly and his family

GSXRJOHNNY
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Great News!!! Thanks for the update.

honey
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Put me on the list also. I'm willing to help with mowing the lawn etc. if needed.

thatmofo
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I went and saw Ly today. I was able to visit with him for about ten minutes before his hear rate jumped from 122 to 136. After that his Dad and I left the room so he could sleep.

The cool thing today was that he actually talked to me! He said he's still in quite a bit of pain and then he had me find a button for him that he has to push for more pain medication. He said something else that was pretty funny too, but I can't post it on here. It was just really good to hear him crack a joke in his condition. They "fixed" his broken arm and leg already, and that wasn't scheduled until tomorrow so that is good. He's still on a fast track for recovery.

I went to a couple of points where I saw guard rails on that path, so if someone can PM me the mile marker location, then I will know which of the three it was. If it was any of the ones I saw, he sure did luck out that he didn't high side.

BTW: I let him know that you guys/gals are wishing him the best.

Ninja2
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the great news and taking the time to check in with Gchi and his family. That is wonderful news and I am very happy to hear Gchi is recovering quickly. Please continue to send him our best wishes.

Concabar
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It is good to hear that he is doing better.

thatmofo
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I went down there yesterday and talked with Ly for about 15 minutes this time, but then he had get some rest. He is doing a lot better, but still in quite a bit of pain. He will be starting PT this week and depending on how it goes he may be out of there as soon as two weeks. He is eating solid foods now too so it looks like he has made quite a bit of progress since I last saw him. I dropped off the card and he was pretty happy to know that people are wishing him the best.

Hi11Zone
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 10:22 PM
GOOD NEWS. To many riders goign down so fast

Devaclis
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 07:14 AM
positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts

Matty
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM
thanx for the update....

Sean
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Great news! Heal up Ly! :up:

y_merkle
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Sounds like he's on the fast track to recovery! Very good news and thanks for the update!

Drift
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Good news!...and thank you for continueing to visit and provide updates.

675Rider
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Can anyone go see him anytime? Id like to pay a visit.

Brat
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
never met him but still hope for a good recovery for him.

thatmofo
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM
He is not in ICU anymore so he can have visitors. I don't know what the non visiting hours are outside of the ICU though. He's on the 4th floor now so just ask the ladies at the counter which room he's in. I will post when I have another update.

thatmofo
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
I'm leaving within 20 minutes to ride down to see gchi. I have to be back in the Springs at 4:30 PM so I am going straight down and coming straight back (I might come back up 115 if time permits). If a group of you want to ride down there with me and then split off afterwards for a ride let me know.

thatmofo
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
I went down there yesterday and saw gchi. He is doing waaay better than he was last week. We talked for about an hour. PT is going good, even though they really don't have him doing much. He is able to use a walker to to "walk" outside of his room. He showed me the x-rays of the work that was done to his leg so I could see the rod in there. He is going to have another surgery today and will need a few more surgeries, but hopefully he will be out in two weeks. They are pulling out the tube that is in his lungs this week to see if one of his lungs will inflate on its own. He still has a lot of recovery to do, but if you saw him today compared to three days after the wreck, he has come a looooong way. He can have visitors at almost anytime now since he is out of the ICU.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
That is fantastic news! Let him know that we are all still pulling for him...

#1Townie
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
im happy for him for sure..

Brat
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
good to hear he's doing good.

y_merkle
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
That's is great news! Keep up the good work Ly!

Gchi
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM
hey guys/gals
writing from the hospital pc
can only write atm, won't be able to response later
i'm finally fully up and about, somewhat....still pain

update:
i don't have any head injuries but my left arm and leg are out of comission for awhile
broke so many bones...
taking about 15+ different medications

i'll read the thread later
thanks for everyone inputs

Tylar
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
hey guys/gals

update:
i don't have any head injuries but my left arm and leg are out of comission for awhile
broke so many bones...

Glad you're able to get up and about.

Tipys
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Good to see you getting better buddy.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:58 AM
hey guys/gals

update:
broke so many bones...

We are just all thankful you are with us..and ok. Our thoughts have all been with you..so glad to finally see you post!

asp_125
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM
A few of us asked about you at Boston's the other night. Glad to see you posting.

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Good to hear from you man, glad you're going to pull through alright! :up:

~Barn~
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Very nice to hear from you. Take the time needed, and heal completely!

Mental
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 11:00 AM
hey guys/gals

update:
broke so many bones...

Godspeed for a complete recovery and all of our best to you and your family.

dallas
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
hey guys/gals

update:
broke so many bones...

Glad to hear you are doing much better.

As soon as you are up for it, we need to have get together.

GSXRJOHNNY
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome back! Glad you're up and moble again & Good job on recovering! Keep it up...watch out for those drugs!! They can make you feel like this :scramble: and this :crazy:, but not like this :slappers:! OK?!! :hump:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Take your meds and play with the nurses. You'll be better soon.

CaneZach
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Good to hear from you Ly. Heal up!

Concabar
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Its good to hear that you are doing better Ly.:)

mtnairlover
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
It's good to see you posting, Ly. Keep healing and staying positive.

y_merkle
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Great to hear from you!

675Rider
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Ly! Good to hear from you man. Im so glad youre doing better buddy. Keep it up man.

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Take your meds and play with the nurses. You'll be better soon.

Yes, Nick is right! play with the nurses and you'll heal faster. But how come when I'm in the hospital and wake up they just say,,,ok,,,get out! Was it something I said while under? I don't get a chance to play with them...:shocked:

thatmofo
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Gchi is doing quite a bit better. I went down there yesterday. He will be posting again late in the week.

Gchi
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
well, i'm finally out of the hospital and at home (yes 1 month and 3 days)

my injuries 1 month ago:

head boo-boo (can't remember the crash - no clue why the front brake locked, i know better not to grab the front brake on a turn, but since i can't remember....)

broke left arm at the humerus (above the elbow) (Dr. and RN said that place is the hardest place to break - let me be the lucky one to break at that area)
had 1 surgery

broke left leg at the tibia and fibula (2 bones on lower leg)
damaged the patella (knee)
had 1 surgery on the tibia and fibula
had 2 surgery on the patella

collapsed right lung

lacerated liver and kidney(s?)

damage to the L3 spine (lower lumbar)

road rash on both lower legs and left arm

current conditions:

left arm have radia nerve damage - basically i can't fully control the arm, it's dead weight... i can only control/move the arm and fingers about 25%

left leg is obsolete right now, meaning zero weight bearing...good thing it's not in a cast...only a open bootee
left knee is the only thing causing pain
leg will swell if i sit up for more than 30 minutes...

have to wear a turtle shell (back brace) to get up and about ... meaning it's retarded for me to do anything

nasty scars all over the place

i'm not looking forward for the bills...lucky for insurance
bike is totaled, but Progressive cut 2 checks that basically covered the cost of the bike and my riding gears..which is going toward the hospital bills
and now i get the pleasure to visit out patient therapy for me left arm $$$$$

no more bike for me...sadness!
i'm curse riding in a group

it was fun...well i gotta get off the pc, leg is swelling and hurting...
take care everyone, i'll drop by as a reader and such

Ninja2
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Ly,
Welcome back home! Glad you're doing much better.
Can we help with anything, incl. finances?
Can they fix your left arm?

y_merkle
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Glad to hear you are home! You really endured some damage but we are glad your are alive to talk about your accident. Continue to heal up. Modern med, is amazing even though it costs a fortune. Don't be afraid to ask for help. We are a family here and are ALWAYS willing to help.

CaneZach
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Ly, it's good to hear from you!

Mental
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
.... Don't be afraid to ask for help. We are a family here and are ALWAYS willing to help.

Dude, seriously. Haven't met you, but it doesn't matter. Even the littlest thing, post up and we'll do what we can. This has been a bad season as far as riders down and to hear you stepped away from the reaper warms everyone's heart. Remember, bones heal and chicks dig scars. Keep fighting, take care of your family and godspeed.

Tipys
Sat Aug 15th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Glad to hear you are home! You really endured some damage but we are glad your are alive to talk about your accident. Continue to heal up. Modern med, is amazing even though it costs a fortune. Don't be afraid to ask for help. We are a family here and are ALWAYS willing to help.

What she said^^^. I could rewrite it but it would be almost the same thing I was going to say.

However the Right lung does confuse me a little bit.

675Rider
Sat Aug 15th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear youre getting to go home Ly. Take care and keep in touch with us bro.

Gchi
Sat Aug 15th, 2009, 10:26 AM
What she said^^^. I could rewrite it but it would be almost the same thing I was going to say.

However the Right lung does confuse me a little bit.

my right lung collapsed which i had to have 2 chest tubes installed on my right side... the lung wasn't able to operate on its own...
after ~4.5 weeks, my right lung was able to fully inflate so the tubes came out

Ly,
Welcome back home! Glad you're doing much better.
Can we help with anything, incl. finances?
Can they fix your left arm?

i'm good on the finances, thanks for the offer
my deductible will be paid toward the hospital bills
so hopefully any other med bills = insurance will fully cover it
i'm hoping that therapy will recover my left arm...i'm doing certain exercises to get the nerves firing again...only time will tell

my next bike will be a bicycle with training wheels powered by a 10 hp engine...
i'll keep in touch...

Ninja2
Sat Aug 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
my next bike will be a bicycle with training wheels powered by a 10 hp engine...

You mean something like that? I'll buy it for ya - but I want to see you ride it. And no passing me, please.