PDA

View Full Version : Camping Suggestions plz

Buddau
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I am taking my boys tent camping for the 1st time. We are looking for a place close to town but in the trees, not too high in elevation, close to a restaurant, safe, quiet, and close to a river or lake.

Do you have any suggestions for a place to pop a tent? We are going July 20 and 21. Wanna go with us?

Rich

mastap07
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM
rampart is always fun but a little ways from sedelia/ restaurant.... i know they have hotels that would suit all your needs.... (the one in golden...)

Geology Rocks
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM
i have a few places but they are all out in the middle of no where. they are all very safe but no restaurants near by.

joe

asp_125
Sat Jul 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Golden Gate Canyon? Chatfield? The Boy Scout Camp next to P2P?

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Rampart isn't too bad... you have Sedalia Bar/Grill just down the road.

You could also do Buffalo Creek.... I think there are some restaurants over in that town that does the Rubarb Festival (can't think of the name).

Gregger
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm going to hijack too.. Want to take my chick camping soon.. Somewhere up high, on a lake, and accessible by easy 4x4... Suggestions?

Buddau
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I may do the Rampart area.

salsashark
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Buddau - there's some camping up just outside of Empire on the east side. Close to Empire, a river, and easy to get in and out of... you may want to check it out.

Gregger - Check out the Holy Cross area. There's some great dispersed camping, great 4X trails (not holy cross if you want easy).... one of my favorite places to go.

Gregger
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks Salsa! I will.

I heard there are some GREAT fairly easy 4x4 trails around that hit some high alpine lakes, but I refuse to pay 20 bucks to join CO4x4.com.

Geology Rocks
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM
hey gregger...shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will call you and tell you where I go. easy 4x4 trail, very remote, lake and river...very cool place.

is that your sti? I have an 08 as well

joe

D3ADM4N
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I know you said not too far and Im not sure what your definition of "far" is, but estes park is a great place to go for the weekend. Its maybe 1 hour 15 mins. from thornton last time we went. Youve got rocky mountain national park right there and then everything you'd need in estes park as far as restaurants, gas, etc.

Gregger
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM
hey gregger...shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will call you and tell you where I go. easy 4x4 trail, very remote, lake and river...very cool place.

is that your sti? I have an 08 as well

joe

I love my 08! :)

I'll send you a PM. I appreciate the help.

Greg

Buddau
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Buddau - there's some camping up just outside of Empire on the east side. Close to Empire, a river, and easy to get in and out of... you may want to check it out.

Thanks, I will look into that.

salsashark
Sun Jul 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Small mistake... the spots are actually on the west side of Empire before you get to Berthoud Pass.

Did some searching and came up with these... may be worth a quick out on the bike to scout them out before committing...

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/102897.html

http://www.tripleblaze.com/2/41/Campgrounds/Mizpah-Campground.html

http://www.trailheadfinder.com/campground_editor/show/797