PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto Super Loop / Dual sport friendly

Bueller
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Found an awesome loop this weekend on the Supermoto.
Probably pretty close to 70/30 asphalt/dirt. The dirt is all forest roads so not technical, but you can really get the bike sliding if you wanna The asphalt is twisty too.
Probably 65-70 mi. so gas not a problem.
There is also easy beginner trail riding that parallels one of the dirt roads for 6+ mi. if you want a bit more challenge.
I am thinking next Sat 7/18, meet in Sedalia @ the Jarre Mart gas station @ 9:30am out @ 9:45.

krod
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Ok I might even show up this time.

Vehicle 1
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I will try... pretty sure I can make it.

Bueller
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Ok I might even show up this time.
What bike?

I will try... pretty sure I can make it.
I might pre run this and do some exploring during the next couple days too if ya wanna.

Bueller
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
HEY ALL YOU SUPERMOTO PUSSIES!!!!
Come on out, bring your DRZ-SM(Turds):) and learn how to ride 'em proper like. All you guys tell me to let you know when I go riding, well this is one of those times. ;)

I would suggest a mesh jacket if you are wearing street gear, textile pants will be warm but doable. If you wear a street helmet I would suggest sunglasses, being able to ride w/ shield open is a good thing. I would wear knee/shin guards, elbow pads are recommended, both are fairly cheap at Performance. Try to carry water with you.

GregsGSXR
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I will check plans for sure... I might be in on this one. As usual, dont wait for me.

Bueller
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
LMK if you are camping cause we will be coming up RRR.

Vehicle 1
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I might pre run this and do some exploring during the next couple days too if ya wanna.

Let me know.... mornings and early afternoons work well this week... otherwise I'll have to play some chess with the girl.

Vehicle 1
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I would suggest a mesh jacket if you are wearing street gear, textile pants will be warm but doable. If you wear a street helmet I would suggest sunglasses, being able to ride w/ shield open is a good thing. I would wear knee/shin guards, elbow pads are recommended, both are fairly cheap at Performance. Try to carry water with you.

+1:yes:..............:oops:

brennahm
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
DAMMIT. I can go NEXT Sunday...

krod
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 11:59 PM
[quote=Bueller;478816]What bike?

Put the Drz plates on the race bike. Just like last year:)

Bueller
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I see :lol:
Thought you might of bought the DRZ back

Bueller
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Updated orig post w/ specifics

GregsGSXR
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I am not going to make it. Going to knock the dust off the gixxer tomorrow. Next time.

Bueller
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 03:07 PM
A couple of you girls actually made it out today:lol: we had a good loop with lotsa variety, plenty of dirt road blastin, some trail action, lota wheelies and some air. :rock:
Hope you guys had fun, I know I did.
Not much time for picture takin, just the one @ the Dutch Fred trailhead.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Supermoto/CIMG1427.jpg

brennahm
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Next time...

willb003
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Is that a Husky i spy in the back

tarded400
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Tis... Had a great time. Maybe we'll try it next time without the dirt sandwiches. But, if we go down, I at least want to see Bueller go down. I learned a couple things:
1/ Bueller is batshit crazy.
2/ Knobbies are over-rated
3/ DRZs can be quick
4/ Rampart Range is hot
5/ Don't follow Bueller. He will try and kill you.

willb003
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Is that your husky?

tarded400
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah... picked it up very early this year. Rode it in the snow a couple times to work. Great bike, parts and service are horrible. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd go with a DR-Z again. The husky is quicker, gets better mileage, has a 6th gear and FI, but the maintenance sucks compared to the suzuki. My experience has only been with Northern CO BMW Ducati though.

Bueller
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
3/ DRZs can be quick
4/ Rampart Range is hot

:hump:

Glad you made it out, we'll get a shitload of hooligans on the next ones, as soon as they figure out how much fun this is.

willb003
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah... picked it up very early this year. Rode it in the snow a couple times to work. Great bike, parts and service are horrible. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd go with a DR-Z again. The husky is quicker, gets better mileage, has a 6th gear and FI, but the maintenance sucks compared to the suzuki. My experience has only been with Northern CO BMW Ducati though.

Hmm that makes me wonder I was thinking about getting a sm610, they didnt have one up at the duc dealer up north so I have not even seen one in real life, but yeah so you think the drz's are better?

Vehicle 1
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I definitely had fun! It's challenging but not overwhelming, love it.

I've had the "luck" to see Bueller go down by now, twice; but he only ate it when slowing down for us...:silly:.... soon enough he'll be... f this lol

Bueller
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I hate stupid crashes, of course it's better than eatin it at speed, the supermoto fronts do like to get loose. :)

brennahm
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Dammit. I could be all kinds of entertaining on one of these!

Vehicle 1
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I hate stupid crashes

I could be all kinds of entertaining on one of these!

:lol:

Bueller
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Yep lotsa opportunities for entertainment there. So freakin cool to go twisty pavement at full lean straight to a trail with whoops, jumps, puddles, roots, ROCKS (love the rocks). On to forest road slidin' and some big air (if you got big balls, I am a medium at best), back to the asphalt to get passed by sport bikes hauling ass in the straights and parking in the corners. After a quick stop in Deckers, and a BS session with an old friend we hadn't seen in awhile, back to the blacktop twisties, that gets the evaporative cooling going as the wind drys the sweat your gear is soaked in, and the twisties get tight. Just to make sure you don't relax too much there is a healthy serving of gravel in some of the corners, but you are on a dirt bike ;)
4 more miles of hard packed dirt, the stretch that scares so many to ride on a sportbike, makes for a wheelie fest on a tard.
If you have the time, stop in and have a burger and a beer at the Sprucewood Inn (owner is a good friend). Finish the ride out on a cool little stretch of asphalt 1/2 of which you began the ride on.

I was super entertained when I ran out of gas in the middle of a corner and had to reach down and switch to reserve.

The funniest part...............we all crashed, and it wasn't the end of the ride, Ya pick it up, start it and go.

tarded400
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I didn't crash! I was seeing how far I could slide my bike completely sideways before I lost it. I didn't know we ever got onto pavement after Deckers... looked like a freakin dirt road to me! Why is all of the sand always right at the apex?
I would have seen Bueller wreck except you guys ran off and left me stalled on that uphill dirt section... I had to ask a couple little girls which way you went... I can imagine the terror they endured. "Daddy? Why does that man have such tiny wheels?" "Because, honey, he has brass balls."

Devaclis
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Tis... Had a great time. Maybe we'll try it next time without the dirt sandwiches. But, if we go down, I at least want to see Bueller go down. I learned a couple things:
3/ DRZs can be quick
4/ Rampart Range is hot

# 5 is always learned the hard way :) It only took me 3.5 minutes to realize he was going places that only a lunatic would enjoy!

mopoet178
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:46 PM
dammit guys, you're all making me itch for a motard. God I love dirt, even on the sportbike. Its geared a bit too high for the tighter trails though, or maybe im just :turtle:

tarded400
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d3B7MPqUg

Bueller
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
OK supermoto bitches, it's on again!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35307
I will be up camping all weekend with both the SUMO and my trail bitch, looks like Sunday would be a good Supermoto ride day, I will likely be a little beat up from a long weekend of riding trails so I promise the dirt won't be too tough, mostly fire road stuff and very easy trail.