PDA

View Full Version : PPIHC Spectating Advice

*KEN*
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Thinking of going to the hill climb on Sunday. I've never been to it, so am looking for any spectating advice? Where's a good spot to watch? How early do you really have to go? Where can you park? etc?

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33536

Join our discussion and read what Jefe posted.

asp_125
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33536

Used to be.. when it was dirt.. you could sit on the outside of a few corners and get sprayed by dust when the rally cars go into their lurid slides. WRC style. Not exactly the safest place to be, if you've seen those euro rally vids.

IMO the best days are Thurs through Sat practices.. when you can move around and hike between corners. (you still can't drive it though). Sunday race day you're pretty much stuck in one place once the course goes "hot".

Parking is separated at several areas along the road. Most park at the bottom, the picnic grounds, and way up top. IMO nothing beats seeing the sun come up over the plains on race day, from 12-13,000ft at devils playground, and hearing America the Beautiful being broadcast. You get chills from the "Fruited plains and purple mountain majesty" that Pikes Peak inspired. Hopefully there won't be snow or lightning like some previous years.

rforsythe
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hopefully there won't be snow or lightning like some previous years.

Oh I dunno about that. I think the threat of sliding off an icy curve or getting set on fire after prompt electrocution adds a certain elemental flair to rally racing in July.

Matty
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
don't sit by turn 7.. oh wait nevermind.

Tipys
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
don't sit by turn 7.. oh wait nevermind.

wrong track Matty

Matty
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
wrong track Matty
ya i know..... sarcasm my young friend.

Bueller
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 07:34 AM
ya i know..... sarcasm my young friend.
I think he is sarcasiming you :)